shape
carat
color
clarity

What unusual food do you enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I forgot I like burnt stuff too.

But I think it''s bad for you.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love overcooked cheese.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:25:07 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I love goat cheese as well--in fact I just threw some goat cheese and pesto together and ate it on crackers for lunch yesterday. I love snacks.

I also love fried gizzards, which are a comfort food to me. My dog is on a raw diet, so I keep a bunch of various meats in our freezer downstairs, gizzards included. I will occasionally fry a few up for myself. When you are eating your dog''s meals you know you are not eating something normal.
Oh, NEL. You really are "one" with your doggie, aren''t you! This is too funny.

Allegedly I used to love sauteed chicken livers when I was little. I seem to remember eating them happily and my mother can confirm this. However, the last time I ate them it wasn''t a very pleasant experience.
14.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 2:50:13 PM
Author: musey
Date: 2/19/2009 12:31:30 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Well first off, I''ll eat anything. Not joking.
Freke, would you eat natto? Please say no.

It''s my husband''s grandmother''s favorite food
sick.gif

It tastes like death and the goo sticks to every surface of your mouth. We had to make a special trip back to our hotel last time we visited JUST so we could brush our teeth after she forced us to ''just try it!''
Heck yeah I''d try it! Seriously. Anything. I was blindfolded in my Introduction to Gastronomy class and fed weird stuff by a classmate....
9.gif

Did I mention that I volunteered for this job?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:29:02 AM
Author: Haven
I love kosher dill pickles, but what I REALLY love is the pickle juice. I like to drink it when nobody''s watching.
9.gif

I also have a thing for partially cooked angel hair pasta. I steal bits out of the pot to munch on whenever I''m cooking it. Crunchy deliciousness.
Oh Haven! We learn something new about our PS Etiquette Queen every day! First the piercings and now pickle juice drinking!! What will we hear of next?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can be quite picky with my food so don''t eat too many unusual things. The only type of food that I''ll eat almost anything is seafood.
My dad on the other hand is such a weirdo when it comes to eating-he loves white bread sandwiches with cheddar cheese, marmalade and brown sauce. EWWW

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:05:20 PM
Author: Gypsy
Edamame is one of my favorite snack foods. We always have some in the freezer. I’ll generally eat any vegetable or fruit. I’ve never tried Durian though and am wary of it.
You and my mom both! She will steam up some edamame and plop down in front of the TV snacking away. I''ve never really been into it though.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:53:04 PM
Author: Iowa Lizzy

Date: 2/19/2009 11:40:45 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 2/19/2009 11:28:23 AM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 2/19/2009 11:26:55 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I like uncooked oatmeal too. I''ve been known in weak moments, to make oatmeal cookie dough without the eggs and eat it raw (so it''s basically just sugar, butter, and oats).
Oh my gosh, funny, glad I am NOT alone! haha
9.gif
I will try uncooked baked goods, it is just so yummy, especially cake or muffin batter!
I tried to steal an uncooked roll off of the baking sheet at my MIL''s last week. She gave me such a horrified look that I stopped. But man. I wanted one. I''ll eat the dough version of ANYTHING.
Add me to the list of ''dough lovers!'' Whenever I make those cresent rolls from the can I can''t help but sneak little bits off to nibble on. I love the taste, texture, and oldly enough, the SMELL!
I too am a raw dough eater. This is why I don''t make cookies when I am hungry! I will put a spoonful on the tray and then one in my mouth.
12.gif

I also love making fresh pasta and eating the dough. When I make some for dinner I make a triple batch. Two for me and FI to eat for dinner and then 1 for me to eat while I''m cooking.
41.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Date: 2/19/2009 1:59:55 PM
Author: Iowa Lizzy

Date: 2/19/2009 1:57:44 PM
Author: MC

Date: 2/19/2009 11:50:19 AM
Author: OUpeargirl
I love peanut butter just out of the jar.

I used to eat ramen noodles raw haha... and I will second the raw oatmeal!!
My kids love both peanut butter out of the jar AND raw ramen noodles. They also love to eat raw pasta noodles, too, and also cereal without milk. My older son likes to sprinkle pepper in water and drink that!

I tried to get the boys to try dry cat food once (lol!), but they said ''eeh.'' Funny thing is I DID try it when I was young. Shouldn''t every kid test it out once?
I had to reread that sentence. I can''t stop giggling! You sound like a very interesting mom.

9.gif
Interesting, indeed!

Mini thread-jack:
This reminds me of the time my father confessed to me that after he had put our dogs'' food down in the floor he put his bowl of salad on the floor and started eating it at their level, on all fours. He siad they looked really confused.

Yes, he did this as a fully grown man in his 50s.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
the Chinese stinky tofu. I was overloaded with stinky tofu when I was in Taiwan and Hong Kong.
18.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO at your dad Clair!!!!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Spam musubi! I love this stuff and try to make it once a month or so
9.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:37:57 AM
Author: Lorelei
Tinned processed peas.

LOL! In college, I used to buy peas in bulk 5lb bags and eat them for snacks! Heaping bowls of peas, MMMMMMmmmm! And I would take them to potlucks and everyone would look at me funny! I would season them, and they were DELISH!!!

18.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:18:37 AM
Author: grapegravity
straight butter on a knife...
11.gif

Mmm, another good one! I would eat butter on saltine crackers! Mmmm!

I LOVE PB and carrots... I usually crave this when I am 'cycling', very comforting. When I was a kid, I would eat cake or brownie mix straight from the bag with a spoon. HEAVEN!

My recent thing is turkey bacon broiled with brown sugar, curry powder and cayenne pepper. It's incredible. I think I'll go make some now... and peas...

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Potatoes and bologna. Basically you cook some canned sliced potatoes in a pan with some butter, then you dice up a whole container of bologna and throw it in until everthing is hot and and a little crispy. Throw some salt and pepper on it, put a little squirt of ketchup on the side, and voila! DH thinks it''s SO weird. I grew up on it though. I could eat the whole pan. In fact, I often do.
32.gif

That''s a WHOLE CONTAINER of bologna, in one sitting. So gross when you think about it. I don''t do it that often.
12.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I lived in Portugal for a time. Awesome seafood. My fav was barnacles. They just steam em, you pull off the outer skin, and eat the inner membrane. Tastes just like the ocean. The snails there are also great, they give you a huge bowl of tiny ones, and you pull them out of the shell with a toothpick. Another creature that I don''t even know the name of in English...must be a cousin of the clam...long and cylindrical, you just saute with butter, garlic, and lemon juice. Delicious!! And crab guts...served right out of the crab...that one was not quite as appealing, but it''s not bad.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, now I''m craving goat cheese and dill pickle juice. Even together sounds good. And mozzarella cheese when it''s cooked to the point of getting crispy and starts to caramelize on top. Ooh, yummy.

I love prunes -- I could eat a whole container in one sitting but I''m afraid that would produce very bad results. Also, I''m a fan of anything with bechamel sauce or a variant thereof.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure how unusual it is, but I love baby bok choy lately!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like uncooked oatmeal too. I''ve been known in weak moments, to make oatmeal cookie dough without the eggs and eat it raw (so it''s basically just sugar, butter, and oats).
9.gif
I will try uncooked baked goods, it is just so yummy, especially cake or muffin batter! eta: I also like the oats alone.

I was about to comment on how I never would think of trying to eat uncooked oatmeal but then I remembered my love of cookie (and brownie and cake) batter. I love batter and dough of all kinds, and oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorites. So yeah, I''ve eaten plenty of uncooked oatmeal.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:48:27 AM
Author: tlh
Anyone seem Romy and Michelle''s? (umm guilty pleasure.. sorry!)

THAT IS ME! I LOVE CANDY!
9.gif
Especially like gummy kinds... not so much chocolate... but like sour patch kids, twistlers, gummies, yum yum yummers!
I could never get into candy that wasn''t chocolate. My sister on the other hand had a slight addiction to Swedish fish and sour patch kids when she was little.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:35:25 AM
Author: cbs102
I love feta cheese. my favorite is feta cheese omelets with spinach.
I love blue cheese dressing and eat it on everything...but salads.
I love tofu so so much.
i love those baby corns that are in stirfry and i love water chestnuts too
I have been known to eat blue cheese dressing with a spoon.
38.gif

I also love cream cheese and green olive sandwiches and I crave fried okra all the time (which is tough when you live in NJ!).

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:32:13 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Frog legs, I have fallen in love with almond milk, Fried Pickles and Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Okra... well... okra PERIOD.
27.gif

Yummm!!!! Fried Pickles!!!
I also really like sushi... I don''t know if that''s unusual or not.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 3:15:37 PM
Author: Bia
I forgot I like burnt stuff too.

But I think it''s bad for you.
My mom loves burned chocolate chip cookies so much that she always asks us to burn a batch especially for her. They have to be black on the bottom, not just a little over done.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I also love pickle juice
18.gif
, gobs of butter on toast/potatoes/crackers, and beef fat. Not the kind that drizzles out of hamburger, but the fatty parts off the steak. My fiance slices it all off and I try to trade him for my meat, but it grosses him out so he usually won''t let me!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Peanut butter mixed with pancake syrup and spread on bread! Mmmmmm.....
18.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:40:45 AM
Author: geckodani

I like uncooked oatmeal too. I've been known in weak moments, to make oatmeal cookie dough without the eggs and eat it raw (so it's basically just sugar, butter, and oats).
9.gif
I will try uncooked baked goods, it is just so yummy, especially cake or muffin batter!
I tried to steal an uncooked roll off of the baking sheet at my MIL's last week. She gave me such a horrified look that I stopped. But man. I wanted one. I'll eat the dough version of ANYTHING.
Geckodani, I'm the same way! I work for a food company, specifically on new cracker and cookie products. Whenever we're running a new product I'll grab some of the dough and try it. The food scientists always look at me like I'm crazy. I've learned that cracker doughs taste gross, so I avoid those now and just eat the cookie doughs
3.gif

This isn't too weird, but I love onions. I put at least a full giant sweet onion in every single thing I cook. Mmmm ... carmelized onions are the best. Raw onions I can't stand though.

I'm also obsessed with ricotta cheese. I'll buy a big thing of it for cooking with and sit and eat it with a spoon.
18.gif

I also wanted to second the conch. Have you ever caught it in the ocean, took it home and cooked it up (or eaten it raw with a little lemon juice)? I have
1.gif
It's amazing and FI won't stop talking about "conch hunting". I'll eat anything out of the ocean.

And there's pretty much nothing I wouldn't try!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Has anybody said Frosties and French fries? I *love* that combination! Mmmmmm. Sweet and salty, hot and cold. PERFECT!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 5:29:53 PM
Author: Octavia
Oh man, now I''m craving goat cheese and dill pickle juice. Even together sounds good. And mozzarella cheese when it''s cooked to the point of getting crispy and starts to caramelize on top. Ooh, yummy.

I love prunes -- I could eat a whole container in one sitting but I''m afraid that would produce very bad results. Also, I''m a fan of anything with bechamel sauce or a variant thereof.
Mmmmm I love prunes that are all dried out and chewy... so good! I don''t think goat cheese is weird at all though! I love it. I also eat oatmeal mixed with water but not heated up or anything. I can''t eat it dried though!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:50:08 PM
Author: princesss
Has anybody said Frosties and French fries? I *love* that combination! Mmmmmm. Sweet and salty, hot and cold. PERFECT!
Yes! I remember that was a big thing in high school. I haven''t had any Wendy''s in quite some time.
girlysigh.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a kid I used to eat scrambled eggs with ketchup. It made my mom sick to have to make it for me.

I haven''t had that in a long long long time...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results