shape
carat
color
clarity

What unusual food do you enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Are there any food items that you enjoy way more than most that are a little unconventional?

For me its goat cheese and the frothy milk left over after making my morning latte. I steam more milk than I need just so I can whip out a spoon and eat the rest of the froth like its whipped cream. Yummy.

Goat cheese I could eat three meals a day, seven days a week. I just can''t seem to get enough of it! Thank goodness Trader Joes sells it for so cheap! $4.50 for 11 oz!! My favorite way to consume it is on Ryvita crackers.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Frog legs, I have fallen in love with almond milk, Fried Pickles and Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Okra... well... okra PERIOD.
27.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:32:13 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Frog legs, I have fallen in love with almond milk, Fried Pickles and Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Okra... well... okra PERIOD.
27.gif

I saw the pickle episode of Good East with Alton Brown last night and he made some fried pickles. They looked so delicious! FI thought I was nuts but I am definitely curious to make some one day for a party and see how it goes over. Have you ever made your own?

As for the fried green tomatoes- never tried them but I am tempted! I used to really dislike tomatoes but lately they have been making their way into my diet. I''ll have to give it a whirl.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I love kefir! I know it''s supposed to be a drink, but I love to eat it like yogurt. Mixed with strawberries it''s so yummy!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tinned processed peas.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I do absolutely love fried pickles, but I NEVER get them... I only know that hooters serves them, and I dont even like their wings... and I wont go there JUST for fried pickles.

But then again, I like pickles in general. YUM! and black olives. i could make meals out of food only intended to be snacks.
18.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:37:57 AM
Author: Lorelei
Tinned processed peas.

Wow. Thats certainly unusual!

Do you eat them straight out of the can?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:54:31 AM
Author: tlh
i could make meals out of food only intended to be snacks.
18.gif

Me too! I also don''t like sandwiches but will make a meal out of the parts intended to be put into one. I love cold cuts straight out of the deli bag and slices of cheese the same way.

I also have a major shredded cheese fetish. I just love to snack on a bag of it while standing in front of the kitchen sink (so I don''t drop it everywhere). I think its a texture thing.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, its not an unusual food in and of itself, but I like unusual quantities of it - vinegar (or lemon juice) - I LOVE anything super acidic (not sour candies necessarily, though I like those too). When I was little my mom would make Asian noodle soup and I would put so much vinegar in it was practically like drinking the stuff
20.gif
3.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:57:42 AM
Author: Clairitek

18.gif

Me too! I also don''t like sandwiches but will make a meal out of the parts intended to be put into one. I love cold cuts straight out of the deli bag and slices of cheese the same way.

I also have a major shredded cheese fetish. I just love to snack on a bag of it while standing in front of the kitchen sink (so I don''t drop it everywhere). I think its a texture thing.
we should have a sink party! I DO THE SAME THING!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:24:59 AM
Author:Clairitek
Are there any food items that you enjoy way more than most that are a little unconventional?

For me its goat cheese and the frothy milk left over after making my morning latte. I steam more milk than I need just so I can whip out a spoon and eat the rest of the froth like its whipped cream. Yummy.

Goat cheese I could eat three meals a day, seven days a week. I just can''t seem to get enough of it! Thank goodness Trader Joes sells it for so cheap! $4.50 for 11 oz!! My favorite way to consume it is on Ryvita crackers.
OMG me too! I love foam!!! I used to work at Starbucks and I would foam the heck out of a pitcher of milk, drizzle caramel on the foam and eat it like ice cream...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fried pickles are the BEST!!! But they have to be kosher dills, not polish dills. There''s a place here in Providence called Dave and Busters that does them. They''re not on the menu so it''s like being a part of a secret club!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:07:54 AM
Author: geckodani
OMG me too! I love foam!!! I used to work at Starbucks and I would foam the heck out of a pitcher of milk, drizzle caramel on the foam and eat it like ice cream...

I love the fact that it satisfies my weird craving and is pretty much guilt free (since I use skim milk). Sometimes I am tempted to just run the machine so I can have a pitcher of foam. Forget the espresso (if you could call what comes out of my dinky machine espresso...)!

TLH- Glad to hear I''m not the only one with weird shredded cheese habits.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:07:54 AM
Author: geckodani
Date: 2/19/2009 10:24:59 AM

Author:Clairitek

One of my favorite coffee shop drinks when I''m off caffiene is frothed milk with vanilla syrup. It''s SOOO good, like warm vanilla ice cream.

And I love goat cheese as well, especially herb chevre

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
And olives. One of my favorite snacks is this moufaletta olive salad on corn chips. It''s just chopped green and black olives with garlic. So good.

I also love pate and really good cheese.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
straight butter on a knife...
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
uncooked oatmeal every once in awhile. I know that is weird and I don't like cooked oatmeal unless they are cookies. I like goat cheese w/dried cranberry's

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love goat cheese as well--in fact I just threw some goat cheese and pesto together and ate it on crackers for lunch yesterday. I love snacks.

I also love fried gizzards, which are a comfort food to me. My dog is on a raw diet, so I keep a bunch of various meats in our freezer downstairs, gizzards included. I will occasionally fry a few up for myself. When you are eating your dog''s meals you know you are not eating something normal.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fried chicken liver--from free range chickens of course! YUM yum yum

chers--Sharon

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like uncooked oatmeal too. I''ve been known in weak moments, to make oatmeal cookie dough without the eggs and eat it raw (so it''s basically just sugar, butter, and oats).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:26:55 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I like uncooked oatmeal too. I've been known in weak moments, to make oatmeal cookie dough without the eggs and eat it raw (so it's basically just sugar, butter, and oats).
Oh my gosh, funny, glad I am NOT alone! haha
9.gif
I will try uncooked baked goods, it is just so yummy, especially cake or muffin batter! eta: I also like the oats alone.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love kosher dill pickles, but what I REALLY love is the pickle juice. I like to drink it when nobody''s watching.
9.gif

I also have a thing for partially cooked angel hair pasta. I steal bits out of the pot to munch on whenever I''m cooking it. Crunchy deliciousness.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:29:02 AM
Author: Haven
I love kosher dill pickles, but what I REALLY love is the pickle juice. I like to drink it when nobody's watching.
9.gif

I also have a thing for partially cooked angel hair pasta. I steal bits out of the pot to munch on whenever I'm cooking it. Crunchy deliciousness.
My DH does that... swears it is the perfect hangover cure.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven I make a macaroni salad with pickles and pickle juice. It''s awesome!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I love feta cheese. my favorite is feta cheese omelets with spinach.
I love blue cheese dressing and eat it on everything...but salads.
I love tofu so so much.
i love those baby corns that are in stirfry and i love water chestnuts too

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:28:23 AM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 2/19/2009 11:26:55 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I like uncooked oatmeal too. I''ve been known in weak moments, to make oatmeal cookie dough without the eggs and eat it raw (so it''s basically just sugar, butter, and oats).
Oh my gosh, funny, glad I am NOT alone! haha
9.gif
I will try uncooked baked goods, it is just so yummy, especially cake or muffin batter!
I tried to steal an uncooked roll off of the baking sheet at my MIL''s last week. She gave me such a horrified look that I stopped. But man. I wanted one. I''ll eat the dough version of ANYTHING.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:57:42 AM
Author: Clairitek
18.gif

I totally do this, too! B thinks I''m totally weird for eating deli meat plain, then snacking on bread, then eating cheese.
I also really like sweet/savory mixes, sometimes in strange combos (the Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joe from the thisiswhyyou''refat thread? Umm, that was mine).

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:45:26 AM
Author: misskitty

I totally do this, too! B thinks I''m totally weird for eating deli meat plain, then snacking on bread, then eating cheese.
I also really like sweet/savory mixes, sometimes in strange combos (the Krispy Kreme Sloppy Joe from the thisiswhyyou''refat thread? Umm, that was mine).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

AWESOME!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Anyone seem Romy and Michelle''s? (umm guilty pleasure.. sorry!)

THAT IS ME! I LOVE CANDY!
9.gif
Especially like gummy kinds... not so much chocolate... but like sour patch kids, twistlers, gummies, yum yum yummers!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love peanut butter just out of the jar.

I used to eat ramen noodles raw haha... and I will second the raw oatmeal!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results