shape
carat
color
clarity

what unscented flowers to use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucyh

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
My fiance is v. allergic to flower scents. Has anyone had experience in creating unscented floral arrangements? our wedding is in boston in August.
Thanks!

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry, I don''t have any un-scented flower suggestions, but I''m curious where you''re having your wedding in Boston??

We''re in NH but both have family in Boston and New England and are looking for ideas... mind sharing?

THANKS! And hope you can pull off the flowers : )

Aurelia

lucyh

Rough_Rock
parent''s house - sorry not to be able to give any suggestions on venue

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
i think that crysanthemum is fairly unscented, as is stephanotis, the traditional wedding flower. hmm... those are the only two i can think of though. sorry about the allergy, that''s tough!

*M*

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
No problem Lucy : )

Just googling "unscented flowers" seems to pop up with ORCHIDS & JASMINE & TULIPS.... do you like either of these? I love tulips, but that's just me!

Aurelia

ETA: also, the Michigan Rose is supposed to be unscented...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Most modern roses are scent free.

The best thing to do is go into a florist and have a sniff at things you like. My brother has similar problems with flowers - mainly daffodils, freesia and any kind of lily.

Things like ornamental thistles can look amazing in arrangements. I did a huge Ball in November last year and used a mixture of pale pink roses, pink and green parrot tulips, loads of leaves and ... ornamental cabbages. They looked amazing and got loads of compliments. None of them had any scent at all.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jasmine is strongly scented... some orchids are scented... but not, I believe cymbidiums. Some tulips have fragrance... although not terribily strong-- though tulips are hard to find in august. I dont'' believe that stephanotis have frangrance though.... SO I''m thinking you go with orchids, greens and stephanotis. Some roses are not very scented as well. And um... can''t he take some allergy medicine? There are many that work on outdoor allegies... so that maybe a lightly scented flower would work.

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Lucy -- I''m sorry if I led you astray -- I was simply doing some reading -- no expertise or personal experience here... listen to the experts!

Best of luck : )

Aurelia

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the following are relatively unscented:

alstromeria lily
cala lily
button/pompom mums
delphinium
gerbera daisy
liatris
lisianthus
hydrangea

lucyh

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I will do some research on all of those.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results