shape
carat
color
clarity

what unnecessary items that are over stock at your house? my wife bought enough...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shampoos and hair conditioners to last next 20 yrs.one time she found out there was a campbell soup warehouse sale and OMG!!! she must of bought 50 cases
29.gif
(we ate like 10 cans) and after it was out-dated it took me 10 weeks to get rid of all those cases because, the garbage container can only hold so much per week plus it's way too heavy.
38.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Probly Wine and coal in our house... well soon to have coal...

Got about 6 or 7 Gallons of wine stored down in the cellar. Plus clearing out my Grands house - going to have about a ton of house coal down in the cellar too for when we get a stove put in.

Other than that, we''re pritty frugal

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
After 25 years we moved to the house of our dreams.

My wife can not get rid of anything so you can imagine how much "I" had to move. Dang! I got some of the boxes mixed up ! You know Storage, Goodwill, throw out, take to new house, Dumpster, Dumpster ?????

If its broken and you have not used it in 10 years , why keep it ?

:)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
After my mom died, my dad was diagnoses as diabetic. He started eating the sugar free jello. He would stock up on it when it was on sale. He died a few years later and when we were cleaning out his house, we found sugar free jello everywhere! My mom''s sewing cabinet was full of it! And it was all organized by flavor.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fingernail polishes are the biggest problem right now. I keep finding new shades of pink, so I keep buying them all. This month alone I have purchased 12 bottles, but not all are pink, but all are perfect for summer. lol I''m going to stop, though, because if my husband finds them, he''s going to toss them all out and polute the landfills with formaldehyde!
6.gif

Oh, and my husband doesn''t collect anything except for tools! I have no idea what he has or if there''s too many of them, so he gets away with buying whatever.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
My husband owned a candle and gift shop. Went out of business at the end of the lease but thought he would bring the inventory home and try to sell it on E-Bay. So he bought the store shelves and the inventory home and put it in the guest room and the garage.

We had so many candles and tchotcke''s in the house and garage that he was parking his car on the street (he left just enough room for me to fit my car in the garage). We probably have a 100 year supply of candles.

He never got around to making a store on E-bay because he would have to photograph and catalouge all the items so everytime we need to give a gift we just go out to the garage and see what''s on the shelves. It''s like having a shop in your own garage. Neighbors come over sometimes when they need a last minute item (or if they think they need some candles).

I figured that if he sold 100 dollars a month of stuff it would take 20 years to get rid of all of it.

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Patty, that's a cute story.
2.gif
Sounds like he was a sweet interesting man - who loved jello!
We love Sugar Free/Fat Free Pudding, we have a whole shelf of it in the basement organized by flavor. (We stock up when it's on sale.)It's the only thing that my dad will "cook" for himself.
16.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
ooh tanuki - you should check out the Candles thread in the shopping forum! You may have some interested buyers to cut down that 20 year wait!
emwink.gif

What a sweet (or not so sweet since it was sugar free-pardon the pun) story about the Jello Patty.

My hunny collects Presidential inauguration car number plates.....they are everywhere and would cover several walls (if I let him!)! I guess thats more of a hobby but when you consider he also has over 100 boxed toy plane kits, 50 toy tank kits , 32 signed baseballs and 9 bass guitars it comes as no surprise that we have packs and packs of kitchen rolls, 5 of everything like shampoo & soap and a pantry that is bursting ....... If something is on sale - oi vey!! We have over 20 tubs of cashew nuts and about the same in dry roasted nuts because CVS had a 2 for 1 offer last week!

When we had a recent snow storm in Boston my parents called from the UK and said they were not at all worried about us getting snowed in since we have enough of everything at home to last for months!

I gave up hoarding several years ago when I started moving between countries and travelled. At one point I existed on just a back pack for a year so I must admit it is nice to be able to get up every day and not run out of anything!!
41.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
He collects the new state quarters and gold dollars. Doesn''t spend any of them at all. We have coffee cans and glass jars full of them. At least we''ll never be broke..lol.

My problem is ink pens. I don''t know what it is about them but for some reason I pick up one or a pack whenever I pass by them. I bet if I cut back on my pen habit I could have a nice jewelry collection
4.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
We''ve been working on some spring cleaning and I have discovered that I have a ton of school supplies. Every year, at "Back to School" shopping time, I always grab extra packages of pens, spiral notebooks, loose leaf paper, etc. It comes home, gets put away, in a different spot each year, it seems, and now I have enough supplies to last quite a while. The PTA could make up school packages for lots of kids, I think. We discovered a box of stuff in the basement. My daughters and son each have a stash in their rooms. I found more in the pantry tucked back in a corner. We have paper and pens everywhere. Now I know where the Scotch tape has disappeared to causing me to constantly buy more and more.
23.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
pq, our girls are in college and graduate school and I STILL have containers in the basement that are full of markers and glue and spiral notebooks! It''s so hard to not stock up every fall!

MaybeDayze and mightyred, thanks for the nice comments about my dad. He was frugal if nothing else! He grew up in the depression and I guess his mother trained him well. I remember him yelling at her (my grandma) because she refused to turn on her air conditioner when she was old. She said it would use too much electricity. And when we would ask her what she wanted for Christmas she would ask us to get her canned goods!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Collectible Barbies... especially Bob Mackie ones... still in their boxes, which are in the shipping boxes, which are sitting in bigger plastic bins. My mom kinda went crazy for a while.
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2005 3
6.gif
0:37 PM
Author: crankydave
Cute paper plates... Christmas bows...

If a package of ''cute'' paper plates is marked down, WE NEED THEM! Can''t use them though, need to save them, for a party. Got ''em by the hundreds.

Christmas bows. Thousands of Christmas bows. An entire closet dedicated to nothing but Christmas bows. We NEED those too.

Dave
HI:

MOM????

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok I gotta go with the hair products. My hair is my obsession. I get my roots done every 3 weeks normally and highlights redone every 3 months...well I have been spreading them out so I can not spend so much till the wedding...I buy pro size bottles of all my musthave products and I use 6 different leave in conditioners every time I wash. My shower is overrun by hair stuff. My fiance is bald with a big red goatee (he uses my color depositing stuff to make it real bright). My little aetagere thing I HAD to have over the potty is completely PACKED with hair stuff on 2 of the three shelves and one more shelf of my makeup and skin stuff. I barely use makeup so why I own so much I don''t know. I could supply a freaking sephora.

The only other thing I can think of besides Jeans is Magazines. Oh dear lord. I have a Borders in my bedroom.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ame, you use SIX leave in conditioners ever time you wash? Why so many?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because I dye it so much and use so much bleach for the highlights. It keeps the color true and keeps the hair soft and prevents the inevitable "fried hair fro". I am more anal about my hair than I am my ring, so I bet you can only imagine.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 6:37:26 PM
Author: ame
Because I dye it so much and use so much bleach for the highlights. It keeps the color true and keeps the hair soft and prevents the inevitable ''fried hair fro''. I am more anal about my hair than I am my ring, so I bet you can only imagine.

More anal about your hair than your ring?!
6.gif

From what I remember in one picture you posted, I DID notice your gorgeous hair!

I would think six leave in conditioners would all accumulate to make your hair greasy, but it certainly sounds like you know more about it than I do!

I may be the only 47 year old I know who has NEVER colored her hair.
But that day is coming...I can see the shades of gray infiltrating.
7.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Books man! I am getting rid of them (donation to public library). It will take a small truck
32.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think we have at least 1 bottle of every brand of hair conditioners that was ever made.why can''t a women be bald ?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 6:41
6.gif
2 PM
Author: Patty

Because I dye it so much and use so much bleach for the highlights. It keeps the color true and keeps the hair soft and prevents the inevitable ''fried hair fro''. I am more anal about my hair than I am my ring, so I bet you can only imagine.

6.gif

From what I remember in one picture you posted, I DID notice your gorgeous hair!

I would think six leave in conditioners would all accumulate to make your hair greasy, but it certainly sounds like you know more about it than I do!

7.gif
I am so sure that this will go out the window when I gray but I planned to let my gray go.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I have to say books as well. I buy them all the time and I never get rid of any. We also have a lot of paperwork. I recently organized statements and bills that were literally all over the place and I have everything going back to 1994 including canceled checks. I won''t get rid of any of it until I buy myself a paper shredder. And black T-shirts. I have a lot of those. So does my husband actually. He collects Batman T-shirts.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 7:43
6.gif
4 PM

Date: 2/16/2005 6:41
6.gif
2 PM
Author: Patty

6.gif

7.gif
I am so sure that this will go out the window when I gray but I planned to let my gray go.
How will you know the gray is there if you keep getting your roots done every 3 weeks?
2.gif

I''d love to go gray like Emmylou Harris or Bonnie Raitt but not many women do!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 9:40:54 PM
Author: Rowan
I have to say books as well. I buy them all the time and I never get rid of any. We also have a lot of paperwork. I recently organized statements and bills that were literally all over the place and I have everything going back to 1994 including canceled checks. I won''t get rid of any of it until I buy myself a paper shredder. And black T-shirts. I have a lot of those. So does my husband actually. He collects Batman T-shirts.
This is us too. . .both the book and paperwork overabundance. We recently moved and I loaded up tons of boxes of paperwork and brought them to our new house. Boxes of stuff we''ll never need or look at again, like 10 year old visa card bills and stuff that I''m too paranoid toss in the garbage yet too lazy to get a paper shredder & be rid of. Actually we do have a shredder, but it is cheap and only takes six sheets at a time and it would take me weeks to get rid of everything. It''s simply easier just to have boxes piled up in my husband''s work shopm and pretend like they''re not there
2.gif

Books are an entirely different problem as that we have, I''m guessing, over 1000-1500 including ALL my husband''s and my college text books. We never sold any books back to the bookstore as you never know when you''re going to want to sit down and relax with a glass of wine and a chapter on differential equations.
20.gif
(oh and we can''t actually put out our books on shelves because our kids will tear them apart, so whenever we want to read a particular book, we have to dig around in the disorganized boxes which are mixed in w/the paperwork boxes!)

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Oh yes, I know that feeling well! Since buying our house, though, I have been forced into getting the finances into shape and I actually had to go hunt down a six year old phone bill to prove we paid it!!! It was definately time to get a good filing system in place. It''s the only thing I could do to help myself become somewhat organized. The books, though...we have boxes and boxes of them we''re carting to the new house. Our kids are older now, though, so we can put the ones we''re more likely to read again out on the shelves. But they''re like rabbits, they just keep multiplying.
2.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 6:24:38 PM
Ok I gotta go with the hair products. My hair is my obsession. I get my roots done every 3 weeks normally and highlights redone every 3 months...well I have been spreading them out so I can not spend so much till the wedding...I buy pro size bottles of all my musthave products and I use 6 different leave in conditioners every time I wash. My shower is overrun by hair stuff. My fiance is bald with a big red goatee (he uses my color depositing stuff to make it real bright). My little aetagere thing I HAD to have over the potty is completely PACKED with hair stuff on 2 of the three shelves and one more shelf of my makeup and skin stuff. I barely use makeup so why I own so much I don''t know. I could supply a freaking sephora.

The only other thing I can think of besides Jeans is Magazines. Oh dear lord. I have a Borders in my bedroom.
Uh oh...thanks for reminding me! Aside from all the pens I have gobs and gobs and gobs of shampoos and conditioners as well as facial cleansers (because, you know..there''s always a better one out there before you finish that one), soaps, body washes, etc., etc., etc......
20.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm interesting I thought I was the only one that collected old mail!
I have a closet full of it, one of these days im going to have a really big camp fire and clean it out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results