shape
carat
color
clarity

What type of dress would you pick if...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dizbug

Rough_Rock
... you were getting married here?

These are pics from the site where we will probably have both the ceremony and reception at. It will be in April in FL. It's an old mansion built in the 1920s, and it's Mediterranean style (obviously), but it also sorta has a medieval flare inside with big heavy wooden doors and a lot of wrought iron sconces. We really love it, and it definitely has a distinct style. I want a dress that sorta fits with the place, and I'm curoius to see what the Pricescope ladies have to say about this. Any advice and/or dress pics would be much appreciated! Thanks!
1.gif

crosleyandwater.jpg

dizbug

Rough_Rock
cloer up pic

crosleyfromlawn.jpg

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Inside the main room - looooove the cobblestone floors, beamed ceilings, and arched doorways here. The fireplace is gorgeous too and is the back-up plan ceremony site if it rains and we can't use the arches out back.

crosleyroundtables.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
How about something like this?

knmchgf055295l.jpg
Mon Cheri

or this one (i just really like this dress.. not sure it really fits with your place.. but it could)
1790F_L.jpg
casablanca

some other pretty casablancas
1802F_L.jpg

1805F_L.jpg

I''m sure other PSers can help you out too.. I loooove dresses.

elephant

Shiny_Rock
Have you seen Tori Spelling''s dress? Not only did I love her dress, but her wedding was amazing too.... It was a 20s theme or Great Gatsby theme. I think her dress would look gorgeous there...?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2005 12:17:38 AM
Author: elephant
Have you seen Tori Spelling''s dress? Not only did I love her dress, but her wedding was amazing too.... It was a 20s theme or Great Gatsby theme. I think her dress would look gorgeous there...?
TOTALLY second. Those gowns are TOO big and foofy. YOu need simple and fitted.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I would wear a glamorous, fitted, satin gown, old hollywood style, beautiful location BTW

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think the dress you posted would be perfect! I think that if that is the sytle you liek the best then to go for it. I would not get one with too much beading. Have you looked at Richard Glasgow?

dizbug

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice ladies! I agree with a smaller dress. I''m not too princessy, and I wear a size 2 dress size, so I don''t want to get swallowed up by something too big and frufru. But at the same time, I want it to feel like a wedding dress, you know? I''ve seen Tori Spelling''s dress somewhere, but I forget exactly what it looks like. I''ll have to hunt around. I found a Judd Waddell dress that I tried on that I LOVED on me, but I wasn''t sure if it fit with the place. It''s satin and A-line with a dropped waist of crystals and a pretty low back. I found an Eve of Milady dress online that''s sort of similar (although I like the Judd much more). Let me know what you think! And if anyone has any smaller dress pics that are sorta 20s style, that would be great!!!

eveofmiladyEM038.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hmm.. see..when I looked at those pics... maybe I got a different feel of what the place is than what it actually is.. I got the idea of a big estate.. sort of like old southern belle plantation.. that sort of thing.. I sort of see now what the others are saying.. and I TOTALLY uinderstand not wanting a poofy dress.

AV3659.jpg

AV8559.jpg

jh2558.jpg

jh9047.jpg

I can''t find a pic of Tori Spellings dress, but truthfully, I didn''t like it. It looked too casual unless you are getting married like on a beach.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
wow, those slinky dresses are beautiful!
I''ve been trying forever to find an image of Caroline Bassette Kennedy''s wedding dress...I can''t quite remember what it looked like except that it was slinky and elegant. Maybe something like her dress would fit?

dizbug

Rough_Rock
I really like those last 2! They''re gorgeous. I just found a Melissa Sweet dress that is fantastic, but I don''t have a front view. What do you think? Not too sure about the feathers, but it is very Great Gatsby-ish.

Meliisa SweetCamille.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
elephant took the words out of my mouth!! I was thinking also of something 20s ish/Gatsby-esque like Tori Spelling's. Yum!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Tybee, here''s Carolyn Bessete''s dress. (A friend of mine wore an almost-replica a few years back and it was lovely)

kennedy.bride123.jpg

tracy458

Rough_Rock
I definitely think an era-style dress. Try looking for ideas on www.vintagestyleclothing.com.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree with jesse''s girl re: getting something old hollywood glamour.

maybe something classic but fitted and slim kind of like what renee zellweger wore for her wedding. i definitely see a rich ivory satin with a column look rather than poufy...

and a floor length veil. light on the lace.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2005 11:23:29 AM
Author: MelissaSue
Hmm.. see..when I looked at those pics... maybe I got a different feel of what the place is than what it actually is.. I got the idea of a big estate.. sort of like old southern belle plantation.. that sort of thing.. I sort of see now what the others are saying.. and I TOTALLY uinderstand not wanting a poofy dress.

AV3659.jpg

AV8559.jpg

jh2558.jpg

jh9047.jpg

I can''t find a pic of Tori Spellings dress, but truthfully, I didn''t like it. It looked too casual unless you are getting married like on a beach.
Wow! These are too gorgeous!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results