shape
carat
color
clarity

What TV shows are you watching right now?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a huge TV watcher, but I do enjoy a good series, and I like having a show to watch in my free time, rather than just surfing around trying to find something to watch. With the addition of Netflix and Amazon series, prime time shows, and premium channels like HBO & Showtime, I think the inventory is just too big! I get lost and overwhelmed trying to find something new to watch, and often I think I'll like something, but lose interest after a few episodes. Tell me what shows you love and why - maybe we can help each other find new material to watch!

Here's what I'm watching currently:

On my DVR (weekly):
"This is us" - interesting family series, based on a set of triplets. The series follows their lives from birth to adulthood and flashes back and forth between current day and childhood. It's a feel good show about a family, which I like to have on hand when I need to feel warm and fuzzy.

"Shooter" with Ryan Phillipe - conspiracy series about a sniper who has been framed for attempting to assassinate the U.S. President, and assassinating the leader of Russia. There was a movie made a few years back of the same name, and this series is based off that movie.

On Netflix or On Demand (or things you can binge watch if you're sick):

"Love" by Judd Apatow - this is a netflix series, and it's a little strange, but I love Judd Apatow's films, so I gave it a try on a friend's recommendation. It follows an unusual pair of 20 somethings, who struggle with alcoholism, insecurity, sex, friendships etc. There's only one season so far, so if you like something with several seasons to watch, wait until some more seasons are released. It's worth a watch, though, the characters are charming and quirky, and definitely tug at your heartstrings at various points.

Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce: On demand for past seasons, and currently it's third season is on prime time. I like this show, but I don't love it. The lead character is Lisa Edelstein (from "House"), and I really like her in general. The series revolves around 4 friends in their 40s,and the struggles of divorce, parenting, dating, etc. I find the protagonist to be irritating, which I'm assuming she is supposed to be - but I think I'm supposed to like her more than I do. It's been renewed for a 3rd, 4th, and 5th season, and I'll watch it because I started watching, but it's not my favorite show.

"Easy" - another netflix series, which has REALLY awesome cast members (Orlando Bloom, Dave Franco, Jane Adams, Malin Ackerman to name a few). This show is WEIRD, but I'm intrigued. It follows people around the city of Chicago, but here's the weird part...each episode is completely different from the one before. For example, you don't really see the characters again after their episode is over, they just move on to a different set of people. Many, many episodes later, you'll see a quick interaction between a character from an old episode and the new character of the current episode. I'm guessing eventually you are supposed to see how all of these people's lives are influenced by each other, but who knows if you'll ever actually see it. It's in it's first season only, and not sure if it's being renewed.

I'm interested to hear what you like (or didn't like) that is either in current production, or past seasons if you have a show that can be found via netflix or on demand! I do this kind of thread on FB (and participate in the one on here) for books, and I usually get really good recommendations, so I thought I'd try it here for television. Have a great day! :wavey:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I'm actually working my way through The Good Wife on Hulu. I always meant to watch it but never got around to it.

I also like on Hulu The Path which just started a second season. Its loosely fictionalizing Scientology.

I also like This is Us.

I also like The Daily Show.

I don't have much TV time and tend to do all my TV watching in my basement while I'm on the treadmill.

I love Hulu and Netflix because I hate commercials!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shows that I record and watch regularly... :))

#1. The Walking Dead - I'm obsessed with it. Seriously.

#2. The Americans

#3. The Blacklist

#4. Colony

#5. Fear the Walking Dead (spinoff of TWD depicting "the beginning")

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Young Pope on HBO

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscherisme|1485637065|4121225 said:
I'm actually working my way through The Good Wife on Hulu. I always meant to watch it but never got around to it.

I also like on Hulu The Path which just started a second season. Its loosely fictionalizing Scientology.

I also like This is Us.

I don't have much TV time and tend to do all my TV watching in my basement while I'm on the treadmill.

Hi Asscher! Great idea to combine working out with TV watching - I don't have a treadmill at home, but I wish I did.

I heard great things about the Good Wife - maybe I'll start that too - there are lots of seasons, right?

The path sounds really interesting too - thanks for the recommendations!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1485637629|4121233 said:
OP: you might be interested in this thread - its my go to for what to watch!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hidden-netflix-gem-thread.209939/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hidden-netflix-gem-thread.209939/[/URL]

ETA: sorry, I thought you were new and might not be familiar with the thread, but I bet you are very familiar with it! ;))

Thank you! I'm not new, but I haven't been here in a while, so I never saw that thread - I'll check it out! I don't love the search function on here - it used to be so much better when I started on PS. Now I get irritated searching through the results, so I didn't even bother going back to look; I just started my own new thread. Thanks for posting that thread for me!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1485637540|4121231 said:

#2. The Americans

#3. The Blacklist

#4. Colony

Thanks! I can't watch scary content, because I have really bad dreams (I know this is weird btw - I"m 40 years old
:lol: ). I'll check out #2 and #3!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
violet3|1485638417|4121243 said:
msop04|1485637540|4121231 said:

#2. The Americans

#3. The Blacklist

#4. Colony

Thanks! I can't watch scary content, because I have really bad dreams (I know this is weird btw - I"m 40 years old
:lol: ). I'll check out #2 and #3!

The Americans and The Blacklist are FABULOUS!! I think Netflix has all of the old season of The Blacklist... :))

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished watching first season of The Crown on Netflix. Really liked it but I generally like British shows.

Frankie and Grace, 2 seasons also on Netflix. Interesting premise for a show with amazing cast. I'm waiting for next season.

Poirot, 13 seasons also on Netflix. British show based on Agatha Christie's novels. I saw it on PBS when I was younger but loved re-watching with better video and sound quality.

Superstore, NBC on demand. Laugh out loud funny for someone who used to work in a big box store (me in college). Writing and acting are superb.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've watched all 8 or 9 seasons of Foyle's War on Netflix ... TWICE!

Superb series ... IMO better than Downton Abbey.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just started watching Mercy Street on Netflix.

I binged watched all the episodes of Frequency that I had on my DVR. I really enjoyed it.

Love 'This is Us'

I also like the new Lethal Weapon tv show. Kind of cheesy but I liked the movies so I am all in.

I also love Madam Secretary.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1485708432|4121485 said:
I just started watching Mercy Street on Netflix.

I binged watched all the episodes of Frequency that I had on my DVR. I really enjoyed it.

Love 'This is Us'

I also like the new Lethal Weapon tv show. Kind of cheesy but I liked the movies so I am all in.

I also love Madam Secretary.

LOVE Lethal Weapon. Silly at times, but really fun.

Also agree with previous poster who mentioned Super Store. Great acting and often laugh out loud funny.

DH and I are re-watching The Office from the beginning. Love that show, and find myself laughing really hard a lot when it's on. Great stress reliever at the end of a long day :)

I love silly medical dramas, so I've been watching Chicago Med. And love cooking/food shows, so watch Next Great Baker/Cake Boss, etc.

Other shows we like are: New Girl, just finished watching what is available is WestWorld. Weird and disturbing, but good too.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1485640894|4121258 said:
Just finished watching first season of The Crown on Netflix. Really liked it but I generally like British shows.

Frankie and Grace, 2 seasons also on Netflix. Interesting premise for a show with amazing cast. I'm waiting for next season.

Poirot, 13 seasons also on Netflix. British show based on Agatha Christie's novels. I saw it on PBS when I was younger but loved re-watching with better video and sound quality.

Superstore, NBC on demand. Laugh out loud funny for someone who used to work in a big box store (me in college). Writing and acting are superb.

Love Poirot! Just finished all 13 seasons with David Suchet on Blu-ray. Loved every minute!

Currently watching Upstairs Downstairs (the original series plus Thomas & Sarah)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
We just started watching "Victoria" and are officially hooked after the first two episodes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um|1485743004|4121692 said:
We just started watching "Victoria" and are officially hooked after the first two episodes.

Yup. On PBS. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
violet3|1485637935|4121238 said:
asscherisme|1485637065|4121225 said:

I also like This is Us.

Hi Asscher! Great idea to combine working out with TV watching - I don't have a treadmill at home, but I wish I did.

I heard great things about the Good Wife - maybe I'll start that too - there are lots of seasons, right?

The path sounds really interesting too - thanks for the recommendations!

7 seasons of the Good Wife. I really like the Path.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my 20 year old son during his winter break from college convinced me to watch Black Mirror on Netflix with him. We got 4 episodes in and I told him I can't watch it anymore. It creeped me out too much! So if you like creepy, go for Black Mirror!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscherisme said:
Oh, my 20 year old son during his winter break from college convinced me to watch Black Mirror on Netflix with him. We got 4 episodes in and I told him I can't watch it anymore. It creeped me out too much! So if you like creepy, go for Black Mirror!

The quality of the episodes are quite varied so in the interest of saving time for those who might be interested in sampling an episode or 2 to see if they want to watch here are (IMOO) the best of the Black Mirror episodes. And yes creepy is a good description asscherisme!

1. San Junipero

2.Be Right Back

3. The Entire History of You

4. White Bear.

Enjoy...bwahahahaha :Up_to_something: ::)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hello there! Where can I find this series - on demand or netflix or somewhere else?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1485745942|4121705 said:

Yup. On PBS. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Sorry, should have read the entire thread first - PBS. Thanks sharon!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
violet3|1485632734|4121173 said:
"Love" by Judd Apatow - this is a netflix series, and it's a little strange, but I love Judd Apatow's films, so I gave it a try on a friend's recommendation. It follows an unusual pair of 20 somethings, who struggle with alcoholism, insecurity, sex, friendships etc. There's only one season so far, so if you like something with several seasons to watch, wait until some more seasons are released. It's worth a watch, though, the characters are charming and quirky, and definitely tug at your heartstrings at various points.

If you liked Love, maybe give Lovesick (unfortunate original title Scrotal Recall) a try? It's on Netflix, originally British.

I have been enjoying The Good Place, which I haven't seen mentioned in the thread yet. Season 1 just ended, excited to hear there will be a season 2! I catch it on Hulu (we're 100% streaming in our house).

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1485884610|4122350 said:
violet3|1485632734|4121173 said:

If you liked Love, maybe give Lovesick (unfortunate original title Scrotal Recall) a try? It's on Netflix, originally British.

I have been enjoying The Good Place, which I haven't seen mentioned in the thread yet. Season 1 just ended, excited to hear there will be a season 2! I catch it on Hulu (we're 100% streaming in our house).

I saw that "love sick" show, and hadn't yet tried it - thanks! I don' t have Hulu, but I'll look for "The Good Place."

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Baby monster! :wavey: I watched Frankie and Grace on your recommendation, and I loved it - it does have such a superb cast! Do you know when the next season comes out?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every few years I'll go on a binge and watch all the episodes of Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
I also enjoy some TV and B-movie crap from the 50s, though the demeaning roles for women gets pretty annoying.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
violet3|1486058898|4123334 said:

Hi Baby monster! :wavey: I watched Frankie and Grace on your recommendation, and I loved it - it does have such a superb cast! Do you know when the next season comes out?
Hi Violet. Glad you liked it. I read somewhere that it'll probably be this May.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Started watching "Weeds," from 2005 - I like it...for the most part. I'm on season 3.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love Poirot too!

Right now, I am on Netflix catching up on the new season of Call the Midwife.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... I am on Netflix catching up on the new season of Call the Midwife.

Me too.
Loving it!

I do however miss Miranda Hart (Chummy) and nurse Jenny Lee (Jessica Raine).

Call the Midwife does a really great job of taking you back to 1961.
Great stories and vivid characters.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you're all enjoying our great British series :D

After Foyles War is Foyles Peace. You might also enjoy Bletchley Circle, about ladies who worked at Bletchley Park, code cracking during the war.

We've just started the latest series of Victoria.

We love The Blacklist, The Americans, Criminal Minds, The Good Fight (Good Wife spin off), The Strain, Major Crimes, Lethal Weapon (silly but fun), The Last Ship, Hawaii 5 O (for the scenery!). Don't watch any 'reality' programmes British or US.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results