shape
carat
color
clarity

What Traits Do You Most Like and Dislike In Yourself?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time for a little introspection?? Here's a thread to mirror the one about traits in others.

Sorry for the bad manners but I'll have to go first because I'm just about to go out for the whole day until late tonight and I don't have a smartphone.

Dislike: I have an ego and a need to be right. It's most unattractive. Also can get very impatient with others all of a sudden, which is not very tolerant.

Like: I have nice handwriting and nice jewelry! (Nice to me, anyway.)

You?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like: That I'm determined when I set my mind on something. Loyal, protective of my kids, animal lover, thinks outside the box.

Dislike: Rigid, black and white thinker, can be judgmental, disorganized and sometimes apathetic.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like - honest and loyal
Dislike - introvert nature

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dislike: I can be very snarky and sarcastic. This has a tendency to hurt close friends and family. I have some unrealistic expectations about relationships and expect everyone to be like me. It's hard for me to share space and I am stingy with my time. By all accounts this has gotten better but I still dislike knowing that about myself.

Like: I am a hard worker and I am not above different jobs. I will pull a triple shifts all week if it gets a vet bill paid. I like my rebellious streak despite that it has gotten me into trouble.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The quality I hate most about myself is my tendency to worry, worry, worry. I am for the most part a (hopeful) pessimist and I am always worrying. It is exhausting. And I HATE that about myself. I have been working on this for a long time and every time I think I get a handle on it something happens that causes the worry to start again. Arghhh, so frustrated with myself about the worrying issue.

What I like most about myself is that I can always see the humor in every situation and easily laugh. I also like that I am loyal, honest, warm and strong. I will not let the stuff that happens in life get me down for too long. I always think of the saying you cannot control what happens all the time but you can control how you react to what happens.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one took a lot of thought cause I need to narrow it down. Too many negatives to choose from.

Dislike - difficult for me to see the big picture. I get mired in details and sometimes it dooms me. My naturally pessimistic nature. I love being around positive people because they challenge me. Control freak. Nuff said.

Like - I assume the best in people and intensions unless specifically told otherwise. I don't take on other people's issues. I used to a lot when I was younger. Why didn't so and so like me? Or why aren't they nice to me? What can j do to change that? Now? Whatever. First off it's not always about me. :lol: other people's moods and behavior have a lot to do with them and what they are going through and who they are. Second, even if they don't, it's still not my issue. If I have done the right thing. Be kind and fair and considerate, I'm done. Any problems they have, is just that. Their problems. Has freed me tremendously. I can now easily cut out people who are toxic in my life, and be fine doing it. No apologies or regrets. Also liberating. And I am happy that I am teaching my kids the same thing. I wish I had learned that when I was younger.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Like: Kindness

Dislike: right now - ruminating. LLJsmom last paragraph, best advice ever.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will play

I like that I am loyal, trustworthy, reliable, honest, easy going, like to laugh, determined

I dislike that I am more sensitive than I'd ever admit, insecure, sometimes too blunt with people, have the tendency to think the worst instead of the best, resistant to change

Q

Queenie60

Dislike: I am selfish with my time.
I find it difficult to overlook a persons faults rather than to focus on that persons good traits, especially when that person rubs me the wrong way. I wish I could get past these things.

Like: I am loyal, honest and an animal lover. Also, will always go out of my way to help a friend or neighbor.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
The positives first: I am an incredibly loyal friend.

Negatives: I am a really judgmental bitch. It's something I picked up from my mother. And I have spent a TON of money in therapy trying to cure it. It's a day-to-day thing.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Like: Funny, kind, empathetic
Dislike: Obsessive, lack self-discipline, jealous, perfectionist (not the good kind - the kind that can't start projects because I fear that it won't end up the way I plan)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dislike: Can be perfectionist and tip over into fussiness.

Like: Generous, open-minded.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results