shape
carat
color
clarity

what to wear with my Oscar de la Renta dress- veils?

Which Veil? Or None?

• Veil #1 (blusher with a bobby pin on each side like a bandeau) [url=http://www.etsy.com/listing/6791

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Veil #2 (blusher with one comb, WITHOUT rhinestones) [url=http://www.etsy.com/listing/67918431/rhine

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No Veil- Who needs it with a dress like that?

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,
In a dilemma and need your help. Wedding is Oct 1st so your votes need to be made within 48 hours please!

I have an Oscar de la Renta dress (see my older posts for images) and need to to start accessorizing. Drop earrings in a simple stone of aquamarine (my birthstone and my something blue). Bracelet that is chic and simple....

Veil?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
The links are to the same thing...

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Can you post a picture of your dress? :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hunting your dress down isn't easy hon- I just tried it and came up with a Christos an RK and an Amsale but no Oscar. Please post the pics into the threads in the future.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Hard to tell because you have the same link twice, but I'd say no rhinestones with this dress.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
mscushion|1313564025|2992454 said:
Hard to tell because you have the same link twice, but I'd say no rhinestones with this dress.

I liked the rhinestones. I think they're discreet enough that they work. Kinda like the shiny satin trim on the dress.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I really like the veil you posted....looks great with the rhinestones. If off sets it and I like that.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1313564549|2992458 said:
I liked the rhinestones. I think they're discreet enough that they work. Kinda like the shiny satin trim on the dress.
Sure. I also think it's a nice veil. But I still like the original veil from Oscar the best, so I'm hoping "choice B" (which we haven't seen) looks like that.

oscarsmall2.jpg

pannini

Shiny_Rock
oh my goodness: this is what i referred to as veil #1: http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.166868410.jpg

and then for the one i linked in the poll veil #2 WITH rhinestones? to clarify im hoping to ask for that WITHOUT rhinestones. just the same exact veil listed but have her make it without rhinestones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your link it wonky again. There is an m before the http that shouldn't be there. I was able to see the other veil by deleting the m and copying and pasting the url.

I like the first one better. I agree with Mscushion about the Oscar veil though. It's lovely.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
here it is! but without the chiffon flower.

il_fullxfull_166868410.jpg

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
mscushion|1313610467|2992765 said:
Gypsy|1313564549|2992458 said:
Sure. I also think it's a nice veil. But I still like the original veil from Oscar the best, so I'm hoping "choice B" (which we haven't seen) looks like that.

I have to say that I also love the veil from your picture. But really, no matter what you do will be positively stunning! I just really love the look of a veil.

I also have to say-- you totally rock that dress! :love:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I'm with the others...prefer the first veil but think it's worth considering the oscar one.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
So if my Oscar fave is out (sounds like you are not considering it anymore...probably too $$$), then I'd go with the first one. It seems a little lighter / airier. Though they both seem very similar to me.

ETA: I re-read your first post and it seems like you want to add bobby pins to the first veil. You said like a bandeau. Honestly, I don't know what that will look like ... it might change my opinion on the veil. Do you have a pic of what you want it to actually look like, even if it's not the right veil itself?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think a two tier elbow length veil would look better than the cage veil, personally. I think it may detract from the awesome dress you have.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
ms cushion- the veil in the bandeau style is the image i attached most recently... it comes with bobby pins instead of combs accoridng to this etsy designer it works better in her opinion.

the one with the rhinestones- i'd request for no rhinestonse but in the same style a the veil linked with the rhinestones.

i see many of you commented on the oscar veil but i dont' remember what it looked like! double layer? what does that look like?

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
It looks like a plain 20in (shoulder length) two-tier to me. :))

pannini

Shiny_Rock
my goodness im just more confused than ever.

:confused:

i didn't want the longer veil that i'm wearing at all, because i don't like that look. wanted something that skims my face more but if it sounds like it takes away from the dress, then i'm just lost!

so just skip the veil? i really wanted one!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
pannini|1313777958|2994378 said:
my goodness im just more confused than ever.
:confused:
i didn't want the longer veil that i'm wearing at all, because i don't like that look. wanted something that skims my face more but if it sounds like it takes away from the dress, then i'm just lost!
so just skip the veil? i really wanted one!
Don't skip a veil if you want one!!! You have more people voting fora veil than against it in your poll! ;-)

Is there any way you can go try on the dress one more time with a blusher veil? If you do that and like it, then I'd say go for it! Can you get one of those veils you're considering and send it back if it doesn't work, or is it always custom/no return?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for a simple veil. I like long veils, honestly. But I don't typically care for rhinestones because they don't always photograph well.

pannini

Shiny_Rock
hi ms cushion! sadly they don't do returns for custom veils, and for ready-made ones, there is a 7 day return policy, with a 20% restocking fee.

ugh!

long veils? hmmm... i wonder how i can try one on with my dress. my dress is getting tailored and i can't go try it on with my veils until mid September for my fitting. wedding is Oct 1st, so all this time juggling is insane!

stresssssssssssed....

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think the veil you posted the picture of (without the flower) would look nice :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results