shape
carat
color
clarity

What to get my husband for anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
My 4th anniversary is next week and my husband is so hard to buy for. He doesn''t care about stuff and I just rip my hair out trying to find good presents for him. It is really hard being so close to Christmas because I have to find him something for that too.
Any ideas? I found a really nice sweater for him but he was with me so we just got it then so that''s out. I got him an IPOD last Christmas, which he loved and obsessed over for a while.
He doesn''t read anything except magazines so books are a waste of money.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have to tell us more about him. Does he have any hobbies?? Does he play golf?? What are his interests???

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What about a subscription to one of his favorite magazines?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Electronics
Car Stuff
Sports stuff/tickets

I''m having the same problem. Our 30th anny is January 7th. I''ve thought of a Vintage Hamilton Watch and also a Grandfather Clock, he likes those. It''s right after Christmas and his birthday is 02/02 !!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
It''s so hard shopping for husband. The best gift I ever gave DH when we were dating was sport game tickets. We went to the game and had a blast.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
for our last valentine''s day, i got then-fiancee an antique map of vermont. we were getting married there in a few months and he loves old-time maps. i had it framed and it now hangs in his office at work. he loved the gift.

men are tough.

does he like tools? perhaps tickets to a special sporting event? a planned day of fun with your two little ones (i don''t know how much quality time he gets)?

good luck!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allisonfaye - we have the same problem. Our anniversary is Jan. 1 and my husband wants NOTHING. EVER. (It really pisses me off, LOL!) But does like to ski, so for the past few years I''ve "given" him a ski trip. (Translation: he figures it all out, gets the boys together, makes all the plans, and I kiss him goodby at the front door!)

So, does he like to ski or do anything else that he might want to get away for? (Not that I''m trying to send him away from you BTW, but this is just a way to indulge my own happy hubby in his hobby.)

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
How about speakers for his Ipod? The Bose ones? Maybe a converter for his car? A nice leather Ipod case, passport case, blackberry case. A massage. A digital camera - new one if he has one. Cashmere sweater, scarf, travel set if he travels. Wine or cooking classes to take together. Wine of the month club (you''d get to enjoy that one as well). Fancy cigar/liquor if he likes it. If he cooks, I got a male friend some exotic ingrediants to play with. Books that he might enjoy.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the great tips, everyone. I got a good laugh at the BJ one.

He does like to cook but with two little kids, we don''t get to cook fancy stuff as much as we would like. I am already up to my ears in magazines around here so I don''t really want more of them around. He does need an IPOD converter and he was supposed to telll me which one he wanted but he didn''t. I might bug him now for that and do it for Christmas. I did buy him an automatic watch winder but it won''t come til after our anniversary so I am going to save it for Christmas. He used to really be into wine but he would buy for himself whatever he was interested in.

He really mostly likes to spend his free time with us. He doesn''t golf or go out with buddies or anything like that. He has been traveling more for work so I was trying to think of something related to making travel more pleasant. It is hard to do much together now. I have no babysitter right now.

Oh, I think I am going to get him a new briefcase. He had a Tumi that he loved that some investment banker gave out after some deal they did and he keeps hoping they will give him another one. That was years ago so I think I will just buy him one. They aren''t that expensive. That will buy me some time until Christmas. Keep the ideas coming. I still have Christmas presents from my daughters to buy for him.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results