shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with my Very First Colored Gemstone...A Spinel

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is the one that started it all for me....my very first spinel....an Asscher from Jeff White. She is 1.22 ct. and is really beautiful. I've had her since 2008 and haven't had a clue what to do with her. My funds are limited right now, due to heavy medical bills, but I'm saving a little at a time and want to do something special with her...no clue.

Any ideas?

Lori

lorijeffwhitespinelasscher.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Re: What to do with my Very First Colored Gemstone...A Spine

Oh, that's the yummiest thing, I want to give it a big kiss. It would look good with any color gold but I'd go for buttery yellow gold. It will be impossible to make that spinel look bad, whatever nest it gets. (Not that you would -- I'm just sayin'. :)) ) Beauty.

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, it's gorgeous Lori!! I love the color, the cut, everything! I agree with Laurie-it would look delicious in a buttery gold! You could do an elegant thin bezel and either put it in a pendant or if you want to look at it always put it in a ring. Your spinel is just gorgeous!!!! :love:

(I'm sorry to hear about your medical issues and am sending you buckets of feel good PS healing dust!!)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Lori it's lovely and I looked at it and immediately thought of something from HoW in silver (maybe with a bit of yellow gold accents if funds allow). Perhaps some of her lovely rope design on the shank or basket?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sell it to me thats what you should do!!!
haha ive bee coveting those asscher cut stones from Jeff White for months.... ugh be still my heart :love:

I vote set it in a little 5 or 3 stone.. Obviously its smaller than this, but the same idea applies
r5401_4f8f479fccc88.jpg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

What a good job for your first stone! You've had to delay gratification so long that I hope you deserve a setting that makes every day you
wear it a joy. I'm torn between a bit of bling and something very simple like Daniel m so your focus is just the color and sparkle of that spinel.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

Lori, you did great for your first colored stone!! I love the color and step faceting, very mesmerizing. I'm seeing this stone being surrounded by a white diamond halo in 18K YG, with a pave shank. Or a bezel in 18K YG, depending on your taste. Something about the contrast of violet/purplish pink and high karat yellow gold calls to me.

If you want to go custom without spending too much, Daniel M. from Etsy is a great option. He and Caren are awesome to work with, and they produce good workmanship.

Hope you feel better soon! :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry about the medical difficulties but this is the perfect pick me up. I definitely see this in high karat yellow gold. Given that an asscher loves light play, I would set it as openly as possible yet play up the octagonal outline.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

My favorite way to set an Asscher is a Harry Winston-style tapered baguette ring. I can't see any matches on ebay right now, but maybe Daniel M can make you one in silver with zircons or CZ instead of diamonds because of your budget...?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, now I understand! I was shocked when I saw the heading of your post - I was thinking: "what?!! Lori has only one colored stone?!! How is that possible?!!" and then I read what you wrote, that you bought it back in 2008! :lol: I am impressed that you picked a Jeff White asscher as your first colored stone. I applaud you as I would take just about any stone he has but some day I will have one of his asschers! :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results