shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with my 1.08 Carat Diamond? Help?

KJS44

Rough_Rock
This is my very first time posting on Price Scope, although i have been a long time admirer. So... I hope I'm doing this right and here I go.. I'm in need of a little advise - a "what to do with my diamond" type of question. My FI proposed this past march with a beautiful round solitaire engagement ring - 1.08, E, SI1 eye clean, "Very Good" cut diamond - at least this is what the paper's tell me ( I really am not going to pretend to know what any of that truly means). Anyway, we went to our jeweler today to look at some wedding bands and I really did not find anything that I loved with my E-ring. They were both beautiful separately, but when put together they just didn't lay right, or the styles didn't match. It wasn't the wedding bands that were the problem,or the selection available ( believe me there were some beautiful rings there) I just couldn't find one that I LOVED the look of next to mine. The jeweler suggested switching my setting so that I could choose a set and now, of course, I'm 10 different kinds of confused - and "back to square one", as my fiance put it. My fiance doesn't mind either way, so I have free reign and don't have to worry about hurting his feelings (I was only told i have a $1,500 budgeted to work with). My E-ring is very classic, which I love (but I also wouldn't hate adding a little extra sparkle to the band / wedding band / set / whatever I end up doing). Anyone with similar rings that have found a matching band, or any favorite settings of yours that I can put my diamond into, suggestions of what would look good with my sized diamond ( my finger size is a 5.5 ). I'm not impartial to anything... I like all different styles..
Thanks so much !

IMG_0109_2.jpg

scepture

Rough_Rock
Although I have little clue of your preferences, I think if you got two smaller eternity (or similar) type wedding bands it may work. A friend of mine had a solitaire like yours, and for her wedding band she placed one small eternity band above and one below the engagement ring. I thought it was a really nice look and it's something that not everyone has. If for whatever reason you don't feel (or can't for some reason) wear your engagement ring, the two bands together have a subtle but elegant appearance. Additionally, I think the look adds some bling to your entire set (and who doesn't want that).

I'm trying to look for a picture online but I can't come up with one right now. When I find one I will try to write back, but I hope you got an idea of the look from my description.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
yes, lots of people do a eternity band with your e-ring type =) have you tried one on?
I am having a hard time matching a band with my e-ring as well. I've decided either I'll wear the band on my right hand or not get one at all. It's not uncommon these days for people only wear their e-ring~

LGK

Ideal_Rock
One thing you can do, if you don't want to get into the hassle of changing your setting (boy can it be a pain trying to commit to something you want to be sure you'll love for a lifetime, I know!) you can always do what was popular in years past- wear the e-ring on your right hand, alone, after you get married and wear the band, alone, on your left. (That's what those ornate antique settings were designed to be worn like from the teens and '20s, which is why they're so incredibly hard to pair with a band to wear as a set when someone gets one nowadays.)

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
I love your current setting. It is so classic, and can be worn with any type of wedding band (the beauty of simplicity).
But i'm biased, i chose the simplest four prong white gold setting for each upgrade or as new setting for my Ebay finds, for the reason that this type of setting doesn't take any attention from the stone.
You stone looks beautiful in it. For $1500, i would buy .4 J diamond, put it in a simple white gold pendant

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1381020.asp

http://www.jamesallen.com/design-yo...aire-pendants/18k-White-Gold-Wire-Basket.html

And than either buy simple white gold wedding band or spend the rest on something like that:

http://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-a...French-Cut-Pave-Set-Diamond-Wedding-Ring.html

Althogether it comes up to $1605, but it give you an idea.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I really like your ring and think an eternity ring would look great with it!

KJS44

Rough_Rock
To be honest with you... I'm not sure what an eternity band even is? How is it any different from a regular band ?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
an eternity band has small diamonds all the way around.

there are many different styles (channel set, shared prong, bead set, etc...) that refer to the way the diamonds are set into the band.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I had the same problem with my knife edge solitaire, when I went to look for a wedder, I couldn't find one that I really really liked, so I decided to change to a setting that had a matching WB, and very typical of me have now decided I dont want the matching ring. :rolleyes: I think that you can never go wrond with an eternity, I've decided to add one to each side of my e-ring. I think it gives you alot of versatility. and think that every girl should have one anyway! ;))

KJS44

Rough_Rock
Christina, I love your ring. It's beautiful! I tried to look up some pictures with a band on each side, and the ones that I found... Gorgeous! Do you think I could do that with my budget? Another concern of mine with a double band is that I don't want to overpower my center stone. What size diamonds would you think would be good if I do double bands ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results