shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do now........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Herfnerd

Rough_Rock
OK - so I have the ring finally ordered from JA when I''ve finally took a moment to figure out the next step and I need some advice on a couple of things.

My GF and I have both been previously married twice before (and no - not to each other). Third times the charm, right??

Anyway, I''m not sure what is the proper thing to do at this point. Asking her father/parents for her hand doesn''t seem to be it, though - or am I wrong?? I''m sure whoever wrote up the rules of proposal etiquette didn''t have that in mind, lol!! I HAVE talked to our kids though, (her 16 y.o. daughter and my 13 y.o. son) and spoken to them about my intentions and both are ecstatic. Should I say anything to her parents? I''ve only met them a couple of times before and they live 3 states away, not that that should be an issue.

The other issue I have is a matter of how/when and would welcome some suggestions.

We are taking our kids down to Orlando for a week vacation before school starts - hitting Universal, Sea World, etc. I''m wondering if a public proposal in front of the kids would go over well or should I keep it private? Do it in one of the parks or somplace more private?

And oh - we have discussed marriage and are both on the same page but she has no idea I have bought a ring and am getting ready to propose.

Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
IMO, I think including your kids will be fantastic, since they are enthusiastic about the engagement, and maybe even something that involves them. Nothing too public though, just kind of family/personal.

I also don''t have kids, so I could be reading that all wrong. I think it''s fine to tell the parents later.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of doing it on your vacation where you can all celebrate, but personally I''d rather it be romantic and personal. That is just me though. You know your SO better than probably anybody would she rather have romantic or fun? With the kids around or involved I think the proposal would lend itself to something more fun, but if you want something more personal and romantic I''d say do it when you have a moment alone and then celebrate with the kids. I think it''s all personal preference, there''s no right or wrong.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should include the kids. I would think it would show them that it will be union or whatever with all of you included, not just you and your SO, and I thnk that your kids would love to be involved in it and would feel very special, I know I would.. Maybe there is something you could do that all of you could be involved in, in Orlando, are you staying at a disney hotel?? Maybe you could call the concierge and speak with them and they could give you some ideas that would be cool to do, and whatever...they are usually really helpful with that stuff! Goodluck! :)

Herfnerd

Rough_Rock
OK - makes me feel better that I''m not alone in thinking of including the kids during the proposal.

Just trying to figger out the how part now, lol!

BB - we are staying the week at a timeshare.

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 2:44:29 AM
Author: Herfnerd
OK - makes me feel better that I'm not alone in thinking of including the kids during the proposal.

Just trying to figger out the how part now, lol!

BB - we are staying the week at a timeshare.
Maybe write up a few lil notes on cards...maybe cute lil sayings or lil notes for your SO to meet you somewhere and have the kids hand them to her. Like say you found a cute semi private place that you wanted to propose. Make an excuse to leave the kids with your SO for a bit and have say one of them give her a nice hand written note saying something sweet and where to meet you, and have the other child give her a single rose or something. And then they would be involved...yet the actuall proposal would be a private romantic moment betwene you and your SO. And then meet up with the children right after and everyone celebrate together?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be very nice to involve the kids in your proposal. They could send her on a treausre hunt, giving her clues. She finds you, you propose privately, and then they can be there afterwards. Then the two of you could have a romantic dinner... Or include them in the dinner. Whatever suits....

Herfnerd

Rough_Rock
Thanx for the replies so far!

Just curious - anyone know if Sea World or Universal Studios have any special events for proposals?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results