shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do in San Jose?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a few weeks, I'll be in San Jose area and will have just a few hours each day (looking like 6-ish one day). Any tips on what to do? I prefer nature/animals/would love to see a beach if possible. I worry about the traffic??? I'll actually be driving an hour east (north and south) a few days.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The boardwalk at Santa Cruz would be fun. I’m
Not sure the time frame.

Shopping in Los Gatos.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Joe Escobar is closeby in Campbell. Otherwise, San Jose does have a lot of shopping and great Asian food. I especially recommend a restaurant called Boiling Crab, but there can be a line at times.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. So, it looks like Los Gatos is not a far drive. Any boardwalks closer to San Jose? Santa Cruz does look fun!

Thanks for suggestion, IndyLady. Do you have any other Asian food recommendations in San Jose? I'm more of a tofu eater. :)

Feistyred

Rough_Rock
How about visiting the Winchester Mystery House? It is supposedly haunted... Cool story of the woman who built it. Beautiful grounds/gardens.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot in Cupertino or Mountain View.

Q

Queenie60

Check out Santana Row on Winchester Blvd. Many nice shops and restaurants.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you like hiking, history and nature 5F6F191F-FE98-4EF6-BF8E-514F24765FB5.png check out Mount Umunhum which just recently opened to the public. You can see this very famous old radar tower in the hills west of San Jose if you look up to the west. Also known as the cube. Very fascinating Indian history as well.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like hiking, history and nature 5F6F191F-FE98-4EF6-BF8E-514F24765FB5.png check out Mount Umunhum which just recently opened to the public. You can see this very famous old radar tower in the hills west of San Jose if you look up to the west. Also known as the cube. Very fascinating Indian history as well.

So funny you mentioned it. Mount Umunhum kept popping up in my searches. Have you hiked there? Wondering how long the hike took if you started at Bald Mountain parking area? And, what is the driving like to that parking area -- very narrow or like a normal road? I definitely would like to hike and will also be in Morgan Hill with a good timespan (like 3-4 hours) for a short hike. Just in case you pop back in here and know that area for hiking too. Thank you!!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Loves Vintage,

The road is new and a normal road, very easy getting to the parking lot. The views are 360degrees and spectacular, ocean one side, bay on other side! I haven’t hiked the trail yet but there is an access road that we took all the way to the cube on our gold wing.
An hour past Morgan hill is the Pinnacles National Park which is beautiful. Also you are not too far from Monterey....check out the bay aquarium....eat at the Sardine Factory!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Luce. That is super helpful!!

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
If you're into technology, the Tech Museum Is great--even for adults.

HTTPS://www.thetech.org/

Baylands park is nice. Access in sunny vale is near the waste treatment plant, so a little odd but you can also get access via Shoreline Park in Mountain View (and pass the Googleplex on your way in). Or you can access via Baylands Park in Palo Alto.

If you go north and have time to check out the Stanford campus, the Cantor Museum is nice and free access.

A walk at The Dish is also lovely and gives you a fantastic view of the South Bay when you get to the top. Full loop is about 3 or 3.5 miles but plenty of up and down.

https://dish.stanford.edu/

Rancho San Antonio also has some nice hikes and a cute little petting zoo.

https://www.openspace.org/preserves/rancho-san-antonio

Hope this helps.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go to Capitola rather than Santa Cruz, it's such a charming little town. Great little restaurants in Willow Glen on Lincoln, Santana Row for shopping and dining, and definitely pay a visit to Joe Escobar in Campbell. Downtown Campbell has a great farmers market on Sundays, check it out. Almaden Quicksilver park is great for hiking too. Downtown Los Gatos is wonderful, a great little brunch place there is Zona Rosa. Have fun!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Johnny’s Harborside Cafe at the Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor, if you can’t make it to Monterey. Not fancy, but it has a good selection of seafood and it’s reasonably priced. It can be hard to find, be sure to have GPS of some sort with you! Twin Bridges State park in Santa Cruz is also a nice place to walk.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you end up visiting Joe Escobar, which I highly recommend, check out their estate case for some great vintage finds! Just down the street a few blocks is Home Consignment. They have a few cases of consigned jewelry there, ask for Victoria, the owner. She is so much fun and knows quite a bit about estate jewelry. You can haggle some on prices there too. ;)2

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go to Capitola rather than Santa Cruz, it's such a charming little town. Great little restaurants in Willow Glen on Lincoln, Santana Row for shopping and dining, and definitely pay a visit to Joe Escobar in Campbell. Downtown Campbell has a great farmers market on Sundays, check it out. Almaden Quicksilver park is great for hiking too. Downtown Los Gatos is wonderful, a great little brunch place there is Zona Rosa. Have fun!

Capitola!!! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I will report back with what I managed to fit in. I'm really excited for this trip now!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about visiting the Winchester Mystery House? It is supposedly haunted... Cool story of the woman who built it. Beautiful grounds/gardens.
I saw a show on this..I would love to see it myself!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know the way to San Jose??? :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results