shape
carat
color
clarity

What time was/is your hair appointment in relation to your ceremony start time?

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
I recently booked my hair and makeup appointment for my upcoming wedding. My ceremony starts at 6pm, and we hope to be at the venue for the photographer to take pre ceremony pictures at 4:30. The salon that I am going to either had an appointment at 1pm or 10am. I went with the 10am appointment because I was starting to get worried that with the chance of anything going wrong at the 1pm appointment I would be late to the venue.

However, now I am worried that if I get my hair and makeup done at 10 am that it won''t look good by the time my ceremony starts. It''s airbrush makeup and the salon said that it will last a long time.... but I am just not sure, especially with my hair since I will be wearing it mostly down.

What do you girls think? If my ceremony starts at 6pm, is 10am too early to have my hair and make up done? Should I call and switch it to 1pm?

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m kind of in the same conundrum. My ceremony starts at 5:00 and right now my hair/make-up appt is at 1:00. I think I''m going to try to make it an hour earlier if possible.

I think you''d be okay with the 1:00. Even if your hair and make-up took two hours, you''d still be done at 3:00 and you''d have an hour and a half to get changed and be ready for the the pre-ceremony pictures. I don''t know how much drive time there''s going to be between the salon, where you''ll get ready and the location of the pictures, so you''d have to factor that in.

Do you know what you''ll do with the "down time" after you are done with hair and make-up if you go with the 10:00 appointment? Just hang out? Go grab some lunch with your bridesmaids? If it takes 2 hours for hair and make-up and you have a 10:00 appointment, do you know what you''ll do with those four and a half hours before pictures?

Did the salon say how long it would take from start to finish?

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Our hair/makeup will be at my hotel suite and for all the girls, lasts from 11:30-1:30 (later if needed.) Ceremony is at 5:30.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
My ceremony starts at 5:30, but pics will be starting at 3:30, so my hair appt is actually 9:00 am. My stylist gets VERY busy, and we have 9 girls getting their hair done, so I made mine uber early.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did 12:30 for a 5 oclock wedding - my other option was 9 a.m. I think. Having done this, i will say my hair was half up/half down - it did fall out (nicely) over the course of the evening. By the end of the evening, a lot of the curl was gone - i didn''t mind this, but if i had gone at 9 a.m. it would have been gone by ceremony time. I did not have pre ceremony pics, but i felt i had plenty of time for the 5 p.m. deadline.

Let me add that i have VERY thick hair and it holds curl well, although the weight pulls it down after a while, so if you have thin hair that falls out easily, i wouldn''t go early in the morning. How does your hair usually hold up?

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I just emailed the salon and asked if they still have the 1pm slot available. Hopefully they do and I will switch to that. Having it done 8 hours before the ceremony just doesn''t make me feel comfortable!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
My wedding is at 6:00 also, and we scheduled our hair and makeup for 1:00. I would worry about going much earlier than that....

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Question, are you the only one getting your hair and makeup done or do you have BM''s etc that need to be done at that time as well?

I wanted to be ready to leave by 2.30.

The hair dresser arrived at 9am, but didn''t start my hair until 11am. The makeup artisit came at 12 but didn''t start mine until 1 - 1.30. Both took longer than we anticipated so i am glad we started as early as we did.

I think if it is just you getting ready then 1pm should be fine, if there are others, stick with the 10am appointment and make sure you go last!
1.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I had my hair appointment at 12:00 and makeup at 2:00.

In both cases I was only one getting it done as I did not have wedding party, both were done in my room, and the ceremony room was only a 2 minute walk away. Only took a few minutes to get dressed after that.

Ceremony started at 3:45ish.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
My hair appt is at 1030, makeup at 1, ceremony at 530. I hope it all stays put...

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
My hair appointment is at 7:00 a.m. (it''s a long drying process) and my ceremony starts at 4:00 p.m.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results