clarity

What the ...?!?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:snooty:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone is going to buy that and say they love the look because it reminds them of the sand on some remote island they vacationed on!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezel set it and it should be ok.

;)2

I think it would look out of this world in a halo setting. Perhaps a rose cut halo setting.
:cheeky:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a ... rose cut?!?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look out of this world in a halo setting. Perhaps a rose cut halo setting.
:cheeky:
Oh yes, that would look simply divine!! :lol:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think a halo in grey salt and pepper diamonds would set off the fabulous beige and bring out the inclusions.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am reminded of when I first came back to Idaho with my brand new GG from GIA. I went to work for a very fine store, Sexties, in Boise. The owner told me about a store in Salt Lake City that had caused some kind of a ruckus in the trade by creating a local market for the very rare and expensive Salt and Pepper diamonds that he was selling for about the same price as a D-IF. (About $4,000 retail at that time.)

These are priced less than what it would cost us to have them cut if we were somehow stuck with the rough.

Wink

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I am reminded of when I first came back to Idaho with my brand new GG from GIA. I went to work for a very fine store, Sexties, in Boise. The owner told me about a store in Salt Lake City that had caused some kind of a ruckus in the trade by creating a local market for the very rare and expensive Salt and Pepper diamonds that he was selling for about the same price as a D-IF. (About $4,000 retail at that time.)

These are priced less than what it would cost us to have them cut if we were somehow stuck with the rough.

Wink

All those poor folks with "rare" diamonds. The Etsy salt and pepper diamonds are low enough to indulge if someone wanted one (but why!?).

ponyrider

Rough_Rock
There are people who (say they) love them. Whether they really do or not is always a question in my mind :)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
48AC6A98-D445-496E-AFAD-228D040ECE7A.jpeg
I can see this appealing to someone out there!
Great news - the natural and the chip on the girdle was able to be successfully pronged!

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
" because it reminds them of the sand on some remote island they vacationed on!"

It reminds me of a piece of broken bottle I stepped on at the beach. Minus the blood of course.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Great news - the natural and the chip on the girdle was able to be successfully pronged!

You know, if someone wanted that diamond, this actually made it palatable. You have done a great job here :)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I understand them as one of the stones appreciated for patterns of inclusions - the moss agates & the jaspers & such, except these diamonds are very hard & very small.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The black diamond at 11:56 is a nice touch!! The ring does have a certain rustic charm. :mrgreen2:

That single black halo diamond was existing on the setting I chose to riff off of, so I cannot take credit. I think its something that designer does often.

There’s something, somewhere for everyone.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Rfisher, you are a design genius. TBH, I love this and wouldn’t refuse it if someone wanted to buy it for me.

Last edited:

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
Eh. I find that one in the OP to not be that bad. One man's trash is another man's treasure and it's not that costly.

However, I think some of the prices people are charging for these 'salt and pepper diamonds' can only be described as highway robbery.

il_794xN.1872576087_hacc.jpg
$5,295.00
il_794xN.1943329063_1s39.jpg
$10,295.00

I know vendors can charge what people will pay but it makes me kind of sick that some people may think this is a fair price. Normal engagement rings hold their value poorly, but I'd be surprised if people could sell these for 5% of the purchase cost. :angryfire:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh. I find that one in the OP to not be that bad. One man's trash is another man's treasure and it's not that costly.

However, I think some of the prices people are charging for these 'salt and pepper diamonds' can only be described as highway robbery.

$5,295.00
$10,295.00

I know vendors can charge what people will pay but it makes me kind of sick that some people may think this is a fair price. Normal engagement rings hold their value poorly, but I'd be surprised if people could sell these for 5% of the purchase cost. :angryfire:
Those prices are ridiculous!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

$5,295.00
$10,295.00

See now, you are comparing apples to non apples here. This right here is a galaxy diamond. Not just a simple salt/pepper!

:twisted2:

But yes. Pricing what the market will bear is a fickle thing.
To each their own.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results