shape
carat
color
clarity

What style of wedding ring are you thinking of?

Wedding band style?

• Plain band, comfort band

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Plain band, knife edge (so it a bit fancier?)

• Half band eternity style

• Full band eternity style

• Engraved design

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I *know* most of us are still LIW but for those who have thought about wedding bands already, what kind of wedding band are you thinking of?

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to get a half-band with princess-cuts and a milgrain edge to match my ring, with hand engraving on the side, also to match my ring. I might have mark morrell make it so that it fits flush, or I might go with the gap, as they don''t really bother me.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
this is what I want to hopefully go with my eventual vatche x-prong

vatcheweddingband1stchoice.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
OOOHHHHH Beautiful!
36.gif
I was thinking about getting a half band eternity with milgrain (antique-y look) but thought maybe a knife edge plain band would be more casual and more "me"? I don''t know! I guess I also feel like since I''m still pretty young I shouldn''t demand too many diamonds? Does that sound silly?
3.gif
I guess I will get something to match my e-ring (who KNOWS what I''m going to get
33.gif
), but I like thinking about this stuff anyways!
27.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i want this one. Its the one thats just about 1ct. It would be .95 ct for my size
Why does stuff disappear off the facets website? Its not on there now. It comes and goes. I don''t get it, since aren''t most of them made to order anyway?

The info signed pieces sent me was:

"The price of the FACETS Platinum 26 Round Brilliant Diamonds, 1.03ct. tw. F-G color VVS-VS clarity (Stock number F1641) - made in 18K White Gold in ring size 3 would be $996.55. The ring will have approximately 24 diamonds weighing approximately 0.95ct. twd. with F-G color VVS-VS clarity."

10706.jpg

madarski

Rough_Rock
I dont think I''m going to wear a band. We were just discussing it the other day, and I just don''t think I want to wear a band with my ring. I like the simplicity of my ering. It is in the works FINALLY as we speak. It is a cushion cut in a basket head with a micropave band (2mm) with double claw prongs. I wanted the shank to be really thin so that my diamond really stands out, and I just dont want to wear a band next to it.

It''s a little non-traditional, but I''m happy with my decision.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
1st- can I say that I think we all have EXCELLENT taste...I think I can picture Blue Chica''s w-band perfectly from the description, Snow should go for as much bling as she wants (age be damned), the facets eternity ring would be perfect w/ MelissaSue''s 3-stone e-ring...

2nd- Madaraski- I can''t wait to see your e-ring, it sounds divine!!!!! and there''s nothing wrong w/breaking tradition on the whole w-band thing.

I already told bf that I would like to have 2 w-bands and that he actually has to put both on my finger during the ceremony so its official. I want the pave but I also want a small plain platinum band with a sentiment engraved inside to wear when it''s not appropriate, safe or smart to have the diamonds on...poor bf!

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Ok, this probably sounds silly, but...my grandparents 60th anniversary is this June. In all that time they have NEVER taken their wedding bands off. When my grandfather broke his wrist, they pushed it up to his finger tip and taped it on. It has LITERALLY never come off. My grandmother has gained probably 150 pounds since her wedding, and honestly, the band doesn''t look all the great on her finger anymore...lol. But 4 children later, and a lot of weight, diabetes, surgeries, whatever - she has left it on.

I think it is sweet. I hope to avoid the 150 lbs, the diabetes, and at least 1/2 of those 4 kids, but, I want to try to do the same.

SO - plain band for me. I don''t want to risk a stone falling out and needing to be replaced. BUT...the more time i spend here, the more I think that I either want to get 2 bands at my wedding, or I want a 1/2 eternity for my 1 year anniversary. Probably diamonds and sapphires since it looks like I will be getting a solitaire ring. But, regardless, then I can have the fun and sparkle, and I can have the soliidity and tradition...make sense?

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
I am probably going to go with a very thin plain band, comfort fit or knife edge. I am planning on getting a ritani endless love style engagelement ring. While the band won''t be the ideal beautiful match, I believe very deeply in the simple & pure symbolism & spirituality of the wedding band.

Additionally, I would like a plain band because a) I want something simple for sports & activities that I don''t have to worry about b) I want something modest for traveling.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
These are all such great responses! I never thought of asking my bf to put two rings at the ceremony (what a great idea!) but I did think about having two different wedding bands. I am an extremely sappy person (I always wear my itty bitty pendant that is an I2 or something! that I received for our first year anniversary), so I don't know that I would be inclined to switch the w-rings. I originally wanted just a plain band but being on PS kind of makes me want an eternity band! AH!
32.gif

NoonersMom--
Will you wear the two together on special occasions despite them not matching? Or wear your e-ring on the right hand?

How important is the matching thing to everyone? For those of you getting bands with diamonds will you wear them while doing sports and such?

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Snow, I will most likely wear both together all of the time, except in instances of sports, travel or a situation where I don''t want the "bling". Honestly, it''s fine with me if they don''t match. I firmly believe in the pureness of a simple band & that''s a priority I won''t compromise on. Which is ironic, as I''m not a religious person...just spiritual.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
NoonersMom--

You are fabulous.
36.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Snow, you''re too kind. Thank you.

When I originally read your subject line, I thought it said "what style of wedding are you thinking of". Thought that was great! LOL. Maybe we''ll have to start that tread, if it hasn''t been done yet. LOL.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
NoonersMom--
It''s funny because as I was scrolling through the boards quickly I thought it said "what style of wedding" too... strange.. and I started the poll! Are you sure it''s not Monday?
2.gif
I just thought your post about tradition and simple elegance regarding the wedding band was so fantastic. I am a traditional (but not religious) person at heart so hearing someone with similar feelings made me smile.
9.gif
I mean I *love* eternity rings too (they are very nice to drool over!) but in the end I think my heart wants a plain band. Hehe.. I haven''t even gotten my e-ring yet!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is so nice to hear that I am not the only one who wants a simple band....this is an issue that has given me a lot to think about. And to be honest I really want mine to match my sweethearts. That proably sounds a bit outdated but we are (according to our friends) a throw back to the 40s. I would love to get the Micheal B. single row pave princess badn with a RB as my engagement ring, however I love matching things. So I am torn. I want Jeffrey, my boyfreind to have the same wedding band that I do, and I want mine to matchmy ering, however I think a pave band would look awfual on a guy. So then should I get a plain plat band for my e-ring? Opinions would be welcome...
Blue Chica I love you avaitar

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Matatora - I too want to have my wedding band match his. I like pave, but thought it was too fancy for me day to day, and Daniel thinks its ugl (yeah, he is weird). Anyway, I don''t know if I am going to end up with channel sets or a solitaire, but either way a simple band will look good. But HE wants HIS band to have that brushed and polished look, you know what I mean? the outside edges are shiny, the inside is dull looking? Anyway, I keep telling him THAT won''t match my ring (whatever my ring is), but he isn''t seeming to get it, lol.

As for pave and plain, hmmm...you know, if you go a very thin, simple plain band it might look pretty good...You should just go to jewelry stores and try on different combos:)
K

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
I have the same issue - I want our bands to match, but anything that matches my ring will not be manly enough for his ring, and the plain bands I tried on so far with my ring really looked funny (as BF put it, I didn''t spend a sh*tload of $$ on that ring only to have a wedding band make the ensemble look bad)...so I guess at the moment we''re at an impass. We''re definitely getting them engraved, no matter what style we go with, and that will help the cohesiveness. I like the idea of getting two bands, one plain and one to match...at which point my BF will probably claim he wants two too, one with diamonds and one without.
3.gif
I think the sentiment of matching bands is lovely, and would like to achieve it, though if I gain 150 pounds I may need to have it resized.
9.gif

Matatora - I don''t think I commented on your "Hi" post (haven''t had enough time to spend on PS lately!), but hi, and thanks for saying such nice things about the avatar. I''m a Stewie fan.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey all - just noticed this thread (possibly a little distracted - see my post that he HAS THE RING and you''ll understand why...). Actually I was planning on getting a matching half-eternity band from Signed Pieces to go with my e-ring setting, but I just read that Jewish wedding bands traditionally aren''t supposed to have any sort of gemstones in them at all
7.gif
However, we had discussed getting one plain platinum one for me plus the half eternity, so now I guess we will just have to do it
11.gif

I do think there is something sweetly traditional about a plain band, but I think ultimately its an individual choice - I have always had a weakness for very thin delicate bands with diamonds in them.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
There definitely seems to be a dilemma between the traditional plain band and a band with diamonds on it. My boyfriend got really excited when I mentioned that our bands would match if I got a plain band and that it would be really cool to celebrate a future anniversary with diamond bands (like 25th anniv. for example). That sounds great to me so even though I''m not engaged yet (hahaha) I think I''ve decided on a really thin platinum band. It probably won''t match the e-ring (which I *think* is antique-style? but have no idea) but I don''t plan on wearing them together most of the time anyways.

So new questions are:

How thin do plain comfort plat. bands get? The smallest I''ve seen is 2 mm?

A few people mentioned engravings - what are you guys getting engraved? Anyone thinking about engraving symbols instead of just letters?

This is such a cool thread!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results