shape
carat
color
clarity

What Sorority/Fraternity did you pledge?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This is an offshoot of the College/University alumni thread.

I am Delta Delta Delta (Tri Delta), chapter Delta Eta, charter granted 1912, pledged 1980

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Kappa Alpha Theta (Theta), founded 1870.

Which is actually kind of funny, because I am just about the last person anyone who knows me would suspect of having been a member of a women's fraternity, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. One of the things I've always respected about Theta as an organization is the emphasis on the dignity and value of women. Hazing and so on was absolutely not tolerated, in any form.

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
hey, aoife, i'm a theta too! i was active from '89 to '93 and my chapter was epsilon chi (u. of guelph). sadly, the chapter folded but i still love my theta sisters. great memories :)

whenever i tell peeps i was in a sorority (oops, female fraternity as the term "sorority" had not yet been coined in 1870), they look seriously surprised. i'm not your typical sorority type... think pearls, sweater sets, prissy, et al.

i was recording secretary and social chair. i planned some pretty rockin' wine & cheeses! we went on a bunch of roadtrips too: m.i.t., cornell, syracuse, etc.

Lew Lew

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sigma Kappa, Theta Chapter at U of I.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1314798543|3006257 said:
This is an offshoot of the College/University alumni thread.

I am Delta Delta Delta (Tri Delta), chapter Delta Eta, charter granted 1912, pledged 1980

I'm a Tri-Delta,too!! Pledged at Vanderbilt-graduated from Duke.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
anitabee|1314806336|3006402 said:
hey, aoife, i'm a theta too! i was active from '89 to '93 and my chapter was epsilon chi (u. of guelph). sadly, the chapter folded but i still love my theta sisters. great memories :)

whenever i tell peeps i was in a sorority (oops, female fraternity as the term "sorority" had not yet been coined in 1870), they look seriously surprised. i'm not your typical sorority type... think pearls, sweater sets, prissy, et al.

i was recording secretary and social chair. i planned some pretty rockin' wine & cheeses! we went on a bunch of roadtrips too: m.i.t., cornell, syracuse, etc.

Sorry to hear about the chapter folding, but it sounds as though you guys had some fun before that!

Laughing at the pearls/twinset image! Yeah. That would not be me, either.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Delta Gamma. Nothing goes down faster than an anchor :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
megumic|1314829611|3006776 said:
Delta Gamma. Nothing goes down faster than an anchor :naughty:
I just laughed out loud, Meg.

I did not pledge a sorority in college. It just wasn't at all my thang.
I attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and we had A LOT of fraternities and sororities. I must admit that I did enjoy going to many, many fraternity events. My good friends in one fraternity gave me a bid card, though. I spent a lot of time at their house. :cheeky:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a Delta Zeta, a sister of the Kappa Epsilon chapter at Plymouth State University in NH.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gamma Phi Beta, Eta Chapter at UC Berkeley. Fun times. I met my best friends through the sorority.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im a DPhiE (delta phi epsilon) and my sister is a Tri-Delt!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Delta Delta Delta, chapter Gamma Sigma! :))

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at all these Tri Deltas.. I was one, at Ohio Wesleyan, pledged 1980.

Phi Kappa Psi Little sister 1981. Loved it..

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Another Theta here.. from the Alpha Omicron chapter. Two years ago we celebrated 100 years on campus and all sorts of alumni came in for a banquet. It was really neat to see all of the different walks of life that all came through the same house.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results