shape
carat
color
clarity

What SO sends me after 4 months of no pictures....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
gotta love him

flyingcamels.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
is that a camel?
33.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:16:42 PM
Author: tlh
is that a camel?
33.gif

Its two camels being hoisted onto/off of a ship!!
9.gif
The ships photographer is the only one allowed to upload pictures to the ship server and he snapped this last night in the local port. It gave me a good laugh.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Please tell me those camels are still alive and are ok. What a horrible picture to send to you.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I thought they were alive but the more I look at it I think they're museum pieces.. ha! They dont look like they're in distress if they are alive. SO knows how much of an animal lover I am - he wouldnt have sent anything with the intentions of upsetting me. I thought it was a pretty funny picture! I really dont think live camels couldve been hoisted up that way - gravity wouldve pulled their bottoms down and their front legs/heads wouldve been upwards - like when you pick up a dog up from under its front paws.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
As long as they''re not in pain! My guess is they''re probably sedated before that kind of thing happens?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! That looks awful if they are real camels!
7.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I checked and SO said they are alive. They transfer them from pens on the ground into pens on the ship in this manner - goats and a few other animals followed. Honestly - with the way animals are abused and disrespected in this country just so mcdonalds can get enough hamburgers to feed the masses or so people can sit down at a fancy restaurant and have a nice piece of soft veal - I dont think a couple camels moving from land to ground by rope is that much of an injustice. They dont even look freaked out. Im guessing the ramp to and from the ship is too narrow for livestock to walk it and there are probably no cranes to hoist the pens up with the animals in them? Its just cool to see in my opinion. I''m sure I''ll experience a lot more oddities if SO and I move around the world with his job. I''ll have to take pictures to post
2.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''m an animal lover too, and honestly the way those camels were lifted is the equivalent of a mom picking her kid up by placing her hands under the armpits. Not damaging.
2.gif

Funny picture though!
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
what an odd picture!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
33.gif

Why do they need camels on a ship?....
41.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! I see the humor in it-it made me giggle when I saw the picture. (I love animals too!) If you''ve traveled anywhere, I''m sure you''ve seen things that make you cringe, scratch you head and/or laugh...even if it isn''t totally laughable. Thanks for sharing the pic!

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
Haha that is a bizarre picture! And it''s true, if you go to another country, you''ll always see things that seem strange/bad to you. When I was in Peru, I nearly cried when I saw that they eat guinea pigs, but it''s a delicacy there. Just imagine how appalled Hindus in India must be that we eat cows.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:26:35 PM
Author: honey22
Please tell me those camels are still alive and are ok. What a horrible picture to send to you.
That''s what I''m saying!!!!
32.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:02:00 AM
Author: AllieGator
Haha that is a bizarre picture! And it''s true, if you go to another country, you''ll always see things that seem strange/bad to you. When I was in Peru, I nearly cried when I saw that they eat guinea pigs, but it''s a delicacy there. Just imagine how appalled Hindus in India must be that we eat cows.
Exactly!
5.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That''s a pretty funny picture! Made me chuckle... the camels seem like they''re just fine.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:24:48 AM
Author: Tuckins1
33.gif

Why do they need camels on a ship?....
41.gif

that''s what i was wondering. either way, it''s bizarre and amusing.

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Lol! This made me smile once I figured out what it was.

ETA: Do you guys really think he would send her a picture of dead camels?

3.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea why they needed to put camels and goats on a ship!
3.gif

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:33:40 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
I have no idea why they needed to put camels and goats on a ship!
3.gif

Good luck??
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results