shape
carat
color
clarity

What Size Ring Do You Wear?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing I don't like about having a daughter with a size 3 ring finger is the loss of rings that results from it! She already throws out expensive clothing, purses, and jewelry due to emotional problems. On top of that, rings she does not plan to throw out (like an opal ring I had had custom made for her 16th birthday) get lost because they fall off her fingers. She is in denial about being a size 3 and insists that she can wear regular sizes: disaster!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

opalringagbfdaughterrickmartin1.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is a 4.25.

My right ring finger is more a 5.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's funny, but when I see people who have tiny ring sizes post pictures, their fingers never look that small to me, even though I know they must be teeny tiny IRL. Does the camera add 15 pounds to fingers too? :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1403564578|3699495 said:
It's funny, but when I see people who have tiny ring sizes post pictures, their fingers never look that small to me, even though I know they must be teeny tiny IRL. Does the camera add 15 pounds to fingers too?

Make sure they're posting photos of their own tiny fingers and not some stock photos! The photo I just posted on the last page with my daughter's opal ring was on my own fat, old finger, for example, not my daughter's young slender one! If I gave that ring to her for her 16th birthday, I was then 57. That explains my old hands. And as I said earlier in the thread, I am a size 6, whereas she is a size 3! ;))

Deb
:saint:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
4.75 since age 20. Now in my late 50s.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
14 but cant wear rings comfortably. :((
When I do within an hour my finger is in intense pain that radiates up my hand.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
7.75 to 8.5. Smaller during winter and bigger during summer.

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
4.25!

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
Lil Misfit|1403373235|3698100 said:
4.25 on my left and 4.5 on my right.

My ring finger twin! 4.25 left, 4.5 right.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a loose 6.5 (or Japanese size 13) on both ring fingers. For RHR, I usually get them in size 6.5 or 6.75 so I can also wear them on my middle fingers too. :razz:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
5.5 - 6

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
8. The R is slightly larger than the L but I get everything in an 8 so I can flip back and forth.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
My daughter just had her ring sized and it is a 3!!!! Which jewelers in New york/ long Island, Would you recommend for a custom made ring?

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
4.5 although my ering is a 4.75 because it gets a bit hot n humid where i live in summer. I feel claustrophobic and panicky if i can't easily get my ring on and off

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.25 on the left hand but I like it to slip on/off easily so I stay with 4.5 (I've had jewellers gasp at how easily my rings slide off, concerned that the ring will fly off if I shake my hand hard :bigsmile: ). Wearing it loose also means no muffin top fingers in the hot and humid summer days.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
4.25 both ring fingers.
=)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
7.25 fits either hand. I can get a 7 on but it's a bit tight. Used to wear a 6.

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.5 left and 4.75 right. Honestly my knuckles get beat up cause once they are on, 4.5 is loose. Oh well...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
4.5 both ring fingers, about 6.25 both middle fingers.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for answering. Im not just trying to find the perfect size to make something in a general sort of way, but I am also making a ring for SO, for her birthday in a few weeks and I dont know her size, which also I imagine has changed in the last year or so. She is now 5'6 119 pounds, which is two inches and 50 pounds less than a year ago. anyway I have a morogoro spinel to put in a gold setting since that is as close to a ruby as I will ever afford, and her birthday is 7/21.

Do PSers have disproportionately smaller fingers than the general population?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1404786379|3708621 said:
Thanks all for answering. Im not just trying to find the perfect size to make something in a general sort of way, but I am also making a ring for SO, for her birthday in a few weeks and I dont know her size, which also I imagine has changed in the last year or so. She is now 5'6 119 pounds, which is two inches and 50 pounds less than a year ago. anyway I have a morogoro spinel to put in a gold setting since that is as close to a ruby as I will ever afford, and her birthday is 7/21.

I think so!

But I think it has to do with where you live. I live in the Midwest. I, my sister, and two girlfriends of friends I helped make e rings for all have size 7.5 fingers. None of us I would say are overweight, but our weigt and height vary drastically. But based off where we live and our last names, its pretty obvious we all have similar ancestry

I think a better way to guess is by weight, height, and race. That helps more than just getting a temperature of the room. Also have you ever noticed her hands next to say, hands you already notice the size of? Or could get the size of? My good friend wears like a size 3 and my hands look specifically gigantic next to hers.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
size 4.25-4.75 depending on jewelers and season :sick: I am 5' and 95lbs...... my fingers have been growing the last 2 years, either that or I don't like my rings tight anymore :wacko:

My SILs both are piano teachers, and around 5'9"-5'10" around 120-130lbs they have equally small finger around a 4.5. So not sure if that has any correlation- they have long slender fingers

My mom is 100lbs and she is 4'10" wears a 5.5 -6.
My sister is 5' and is 100lbs also her ring size is a 5-5.5

So I'm not sure if using height/weight will help when in doubt I would go size 6 :) since that can be sized up or down quite a bit and not be too damaging.

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
6-6.25 depending on the weather

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding ring and my engagement ring are both very snug 5s. Gladys is a 5.25 and by herself she is loose in winter and perfect in summer (but I susally stack so she is comfortable). I have stackers that range all the way from 5.5 to 6, so I can wear them on both my left and right hands. My Right ring finger is a 5.75 in winter and a bit larger in summer, probably a 6.

When I first got engaged my rings were a 4.5. That was 7 years ago!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Ring finger of left hand is 7-plus, perhaps 7 1/2 right now, when I am at my lifetime peak weight. I prefer to wear my best ring on the middle finger of the left hand, which used to be 8 1/2 but is probably closer to 9 right now. I have put sizing balls on that ring and am wearing it on the ring finger instead!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Can't believe the bunch of tiny fingers around here! Are people with bigger ones hiding out? I wear a 7 on my e-ring finger & a 5 on my RH pinky, the only other one on which I wear rings. My pinky finger is bigger than most of your regular ring ones! :oops: :oops:

How's that, VL? ;-)

--- Laurei

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1405007606|3710506 said:
Can't believe the bunch of tiny fingers around here! Are people with bigger ones hiding out? I wear a 7 on my e-ring finger & a 5 on my RH pinky, the only other one on which I wear rings. My pinky finger is bigger than most of your regular ring ones! :oops: :oops:

I'm with you, Laurie! I remember Iceman telling us about all the women in his area with size 10 fingers (the size my best friend has). Both my nieces are unable to wear the rings my mother wore and I now wear (I wanted to give some of her jewelry to them). Both of them have larger fingers than I have and she had! So not everyone is smaller than my size 6 although this thread would lead one to think so! ;))

Deb :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Costco sells all their rings in a size 7 and they sell a Lot of rings.

Also based on here height/weight, she's close to my size. Check her closet, what size are the majority of her clothes?

My ring is a 7.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1404786379|3708621 said:

Can you just take her into Betteridge and ask her to play around with their gaudiest rings as if the two of you are just enjoying a fantasy? It would be a whole lot easier than guessing at her size! And it might even be fun!

Deb
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results