shape
carat
color
clarity

What size eternity is substantial enough to be worn alone?

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
... i was thinking 2.5 carats?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Re: What size eternity is substantial enough to be worn alon

I think it's entirely personal, I often wear my Tiffany metro alone and that's only around 1/3cttw.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I think it depends on both the shape and the setting. I love my 2.5 carre cut channel-set band, and I think it's substantial enough to wear on its own ... but as often as not, I'll stack it with my wedding band. If it was, say, a shared prong band of rounds? That would probably make for more finger real estate!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Mine is 2.5 and I think it looks great alone but that`s just me. I agree with the others that it's a matter of personal preference. It also depends on your ring size because a 2.5 on a size 3 will look very different then a 2.5 on a size 7. FYI, I wear a size 6.5. :))

Here's the link to it.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-eternity-band.127286/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-eternity-band.127286/[/URL]

Cachette :))

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

It definitely depends on ring size. Something that looks awesome on a little 4.5 size ring finger will look swallowed up on a 7 or 8. (I'm a 7, so I totally feel that pain.)

For me, personally, I'd have to go pretty big to wear an eternity alone, but it would also have to be bezel or channel set because the size I would want would make the prongs dig into my other fingers during daily wear.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cachette|1305647887|2923947 said:
Mine is 2.5 and I think it looks great alone but that`s just me. I agree with the others that it's a matter of personal preference. It also depends on your ring size because a 2.5 on a size 3 will look very different then a 2.5 on a size 7. FYI, I wear a size 6.5. :))

Here's the link to it.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-eternity-band.127286/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-eternity-band.127286/[/URL]

Cachette :))

Yours looks perfect!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I wear my shared-prong eternity band alone quite often. The stones are 7.5 points each. I think it looks perfect.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mine is around 2.3 carats -- i wear a 7.5, so my stones are 10 points each. For daily wear, I think it's just the right size and substantial enough to wear alone. I love it!

p.s. mine is also shared prong, and doesn't bother my other fingers at all -- someone above posted about that being an issue. You get used to the feeling of it, and I don't even notice it's there. Also, compared to the look of a bezel or channel set band, the shared prong REALLY highlights the diamonds.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

I'd wear any size alone but that's just me~

manderz

Brilliant_Rock

My eternity is 3/4 total weight, with something like 35 stones (no clue really). I wear it alone all the time. It's channel set and probably 2.5-3mm wide, and I love it all on its own. I wear a size 6.5.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

I am hoping one made with 10 pointers for a size 6.5 finger bc mine will be ready soon :D
I'll probably wear it with my ering sometimes and sometimes on my right hand. Eventually I will trade it in for a bigger one but that needs to be in the future.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Any size that suits you--entirely a matter of personal taste and choice.

cheers--Sharon

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Hmm...I like any size eternity alone. I really love very thin eternity bands alone because I just love how simple it is but at the same time I really love thick eternity bands.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

I don't have an eternity, but I have a 7-stone with .10 ct stones that I wear with my e-ring. I have pretty large hands, and would prefer to have stones .20-.30 ct like some of the BIG eternities (about 4-5 tcw)on SMTR for a substantial stand alone ring one day.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the answers you get are going to be completely subjective. Some ladies have fallen in love with the micro-pave' trend and actually prefer small stones. Some women would like an eternity that makes some degree of a statement, especially if it's going to be worn alone. No answer is the right one. It depends on the individual woman's tastes and preference.

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock

15 to 20 pt stones. You can't really judge by carat weight as it varies based on size of the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results