shape
carat
color
clarity

What should the bf say if he really can't afford a $35k E-ring?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Omg, he should slink away in shame!

(Just kiddin').

Sean123

Rough_Rock
If thr bf can't afford then don't buy it. Girls must be realistic when it comes to rings. If you want it, buy it for yourself. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
These days it's the ring or the house, usually. It's that way where I live, anyway. I'm a practical person. I'd say, give me a budget and we'll work it out. But in my case, I just knew what the budget would be and stayed within it. Maybe girls who ask big get big, I wouldn't know, lol.:lol-2:
the deposite on my house was only NZ$20K

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If the window happens to be Tiffany's, then he'll be able to buy pretty much the same darn thing, minus the stamp, for about $20k. :P2

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he should say "Wow! Did you realize that ring is $35K? I'd love to be able to buy that for you, but that's just not in my budget." And hopefully she'd say, "I know...I'm just dreaming - let's take a look at what's more realistic." (and if that does not happen, he should run).

I point out $$$ jewelry to DH all the time. He never has any anxiety that I'm going to want to buy it because we both know it's just not going to happen. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate it though. And when sales people offer to let me try this kind of stuff on, I'm always clear to let them know that I'd love to try it on and dream for a few minutes, but that I'm not going to be able to afford to buy it (just so that I'm not wasting anyone's time).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results