shape
carat
color
clarity

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock

Hi there,

It''s been a long time since I posted and I must say that I miss this board very much. I started looking for a diamond late last year and was planning of getting the diamond sometime in early 2004. My quest was halted indefinitely when a family emergency came up; in addition to that, my hubby and I decided to spend most of our savings on home renovations this year. I haven''t been to this board since because it could be quite distressing looking at all the eye candy here when you are not planning of getting one soon.

To make a long story short, I had my heart set on the Tiffany 6 prong setting from Sperbcert. I love that setting since early of 2003. I had tried so many settings and am just in love with that. I wear a size 4.25 and have small hands, so a lot of settings don''t suit me. My hubby told me that we could start to save again and perhaps get my ring sometime later next year.

I was extremely heartbroken

7.gif
when a very close friend of ours proposed to his gf few months ago, and guess what ring is sitting on her finger? A ring with my favorite setting. It is not an original Tiffany & Co and the setting is not an exact replica but what should I do? I can''t really talk to anyone about this including my husband cause he would just say something like "there are millions of settings out there and I''m sure you can find one that you like". But, I absolutely love this setting and I would rather not get a bigger diamond if I can''t have this setting.

My question is, what should I do? Should I just go with the setting? I''m so confused and heartbroken. Am I being too sensative about this?

15.gif
7.gif

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock

Jewels-

I would say go for the setting y ou want. The ''Tiffany setting is classic and popular- not an unusual thing for many people in the same crowd to have one on their finger.

Perhaps if you tried to copy something very unique that she had it would be a bit offputting, but honestly I think that anyone that has a classic 6 prong and doesn''t expect many others to have it as well is deluding themselves.

Best of luck!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''m totally with jenwill. The classic Tiffany style solitaire is duplicated over and over again. In fact, your friend''s will probably NOT be the same as yours exactly. Not many replicas are as close to the original as the SuperbCert. I think that anyone who has a classic solitaire knows that many other people will have similar settings.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock

I agree that you shouldn''t let this get to you! First of all, since your friend doesn''t have the SuperbCert, or even the real Tiffany, your ring will be different. There is no way a setting that is made with as much care as it sounds that the SC Tiff replica is could NOT be incredibly special!

Second, like Jen mentioned, the Tiffany setting is not uncommon. It is classic and beautiful and people (including myself!) love it for good reason. Just because someone close to you happens to have a similar ring, you shouldn''t give up something you really want for yourself. Are you planning on putting a SuperbCert stone in it? If so, I mean, I haven''t actually SEEN this other girl''s stone, but I couldn''t imagine anything more spectacular!

Anyway, the point of my ramblings is that I do understand your frustration, but I do sincerely hope that it doesn''t deter you from getting the ring you''ve dreamed of... If you find another setting you really like, that''s great, but I''m sure your upgrade would be INCREDIBLE even if this girl has a similar ring.

Blaineypoo

Rough_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about the setting, hon. You know how many people have a tiffany setting? Im thinking about one myself. I understand your concern, however, its YOUR finger the rock will be sitting on. Do you really want to SETTLE? You have to stare at that ring day in and out. I would hate to settle and have to live with not getting what I REALLY wanted when I could have had it. Does that make sense, cuz I''m confusing myself!!!

Narcosis

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 85.94%; HEIGHT: 170px">

My hubby told me that we could start to save again and perhaps get my ring sometime later next year.

My question is, what should I do? Should I just go with the setting? I''m so confused and heartbroken. Am I being too sensative about this?

15.gif
7.gif

Why worry about it ?? Cross that bridge when you get to it !!!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock

I would like to thank everyone for taking his or her time to give me feedback on this. I greatly appreciate it. That’s why this forum is so great cause no one else other than diamond fanatics like us would understand, and able to provide honest feedbacks. I feel like I have just received a huge dose of therapy. I feel so much better now than ever. I must say that there have were a few sleepless nights in the past few months about this.

Jenwill – you made a good point, I am not copying something very unique from her so I shouldn’t worry.

Patty – my friend’s setting is not the same as SC. I personally think that SC has the best replica. Hers has a rounded band instead of the knife-edge. The prongs on hers are quite close I think.

Abradabra – Thank you for being so understanding. Yes, I am planning of buying the stone from SC. I have heard so many good things about Barry’s stones and service that I will not consider any other vendors other than SC. I have spoken to Barry on one occasion and am very impressed with his service. Oh, on top of that, he has the best Tiffany replica. Friend’s diamond is nice but I don’t think it will measure up to Barry’s. We each have something a little over ½ carat now and I am planning on getting a 1.5c.

Blaineypoo – no you are not confusing me at all. Yes, I would like to stare at the RING that I want on my finger.

Narcosis – I will definitely cross that bridge when I get to it.

Thanks again for all the support and I hope that I will be able to own my dream 1.5c in my dream setting soon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results