shape
carat
color
clarity

What should I do with my Leon Mege ring?

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
What should I do with this ring? I have another project in mind, but I can't move forward without having some funds available...

Here is a link to what it looks like [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-upgraded-setting-leon-mege.53979/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-upgraded-setting-leon-mege.53979/[/URL]

I love love love the ring, but I :love: something else maybe more? Should I try to sell the whole ring? Just the center? Just the setting? I just don't know. Of course, if I can't sell it for enough, I'll just have to keep wearing it

What would you do?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...are you willing to part with the entire ring, including center stone? If so I'd probably talk to Jewels by Erica Grace or Good Old Gold about consigning it. Or could you use it in as trade towards your new project? I know some posters recently have had good luck in using their current stones in trade, depending on the vendor. It seems like your size and color center stone would be in high demand.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is beautiful and you should try to sell it in its entirety first.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its a good dilemma to have - either way, you win! Good luck with your other project.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful ring that I really hate to see you sell it! I guess the plus is that the diamonds were bought before the price increases, so you may be able to get back what you paid for the diamonds, if you can find the right buyer. That would make a terrific right hand ring, though, so I'd encourage you to think about keeping for the RH and saving for the new project. That ring would cost a lot more to make now.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Any other suggestions for consignments? I know, I know, I will kick myself someday because it is a gorgeous center stone. Stunning, in fact. I don't know why exactly but it is by far the best diamond I own--far better than other ideal stones.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pearlmans does consignments as well. Also, if you have good documentation you might try just listing it on diamond bistro and posting it here in pre-loved. But, GOG, JBEG and pearlmans are reputable and would be a good choice. I'd suggest calling each of them and seeing what their commission would be and how they would price it and go from there..

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! It was the only three stone I ever tried on that I didn't want to take off my hand! It is such a beautiful ring. Like drop me to my knees beautiful. I think it even fit me. :errrr: :lickout:

Oh, it's making my heart hurt at the thought of you departing with it and it not ending up on my hand. :nono: ;(

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give it to me :) :) :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1349890260|3282813 said:
Give it to me :) :) :)
lol, that was my thought too!

Your ring is gorgeous!!! :love:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is a stunner!

Would you have any regrets about missing it? Are you pretty certain you prefer this new project?

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
I keep going back and forth. I can be so indecisive AND overthink it. I want, want, want but I can't have unless I sell something. I lurve the setting. I could just sell the center and replace it with a colored stone (a forum I have been staying out of for a reason). Or I could sell the whole ring. But I can't raise enough $$$ unless I at least sell the center.

Although, if I can't sell it, the universe may be telling me something.

And the center stone is spectacular. It may be graded a Si2, but it's a really clean stone, with just a feather off to the side that I have a hard time finding now (the beauty of my eyes finally getting a little older and not so eagle vision.

Why can't I have unlimited funds?!?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
ltl|1349797791|3282196 said:
Any other suggestions for consignments? I know, I know, I will kick myself someday because it is a gorgeous center stone. Stunning, in fact. I don't know why exactly but it is by far the best diamond I own--far better than other ideal stones.

This says it all.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ltl your ring has always been one of my favourites, and one of my inspirations - it's gorgeous :love:

I adore your setting. The trellis head is everything a handforged trellis should be - the clean, smooth lines and joins, the way the wires weave together, the graduation in wire thickness from center to sides that's so subtle yet adds so much dimension...

I can say with certainty that there are very few jewellers who would be capable of A) envisioning and B) producing that sort of trellis, and I am including the other PS darling vendors in that list. Please reconsider selling the setting, it's so unique and it's absolutely breathtaking, and I think you'll have a very difficult time replacing it should you change your mind later. The stone is lovely too, but I think an RB is in general always going to be much more easily replaced than a one-of-a-kind setting.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1349979227|3283369 said:
ltl your ring has always been one of my favourites, and one of my inspirations - it's gorgeous :love:

I adore your setting. The trellis head is everything a handforged trellis should be - the clean, smooth lines and joins, the way the wires weave together, the graduation in wire thickness from center to sides that's so subtle yet adds so much dimension...

I can say with certainty that there are very few jewellers who would be capable of A) envisioning and B) producing that sort of trellis, and I am including the other PS darling vendors in that list. Please reconsider selling the setting, it's so unique and it's absolutely breathtaking, and I think you'll have a very difficult time replacing it should you change your mind later. The stone is lovely too, but I think an RB is in general always going to be much more easily replaced than a one-of-a-kind setting.

EVERYTHING she said!! Unless, of course, you sell it to me. And even then, I know it would really be borrowing because you will want it back. I don't care about the official "stats" on your center stone. That is one bada$$ stone, one bada$$ setting, and well...crap, if I wasn't buying a new car next year. Whatever...it's your choice, but I would rather buy that entire ring than watch you dismantle it.

::::holding head in hands:::: I am really intrigued as to what you have in mind that would have you considering such a move with this beautiful piece of bling. I have been looking at it's picture all dang day!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should you sell it (always almost for less than you paid for it), then want to remake another one like this, it will cost you MORE than the original setting. My personal policy is that if you don't have the funds, either don't buy it or save up for it. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but it is simple financial sense.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others - it is a beautiful ring! What else would you want in place of it? That would be the decision maker for me - and it would have to be far more spectacular than this to make selling it worthwhile!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should send that center stone back in for re-grading. With grade creep, I wonder if it wouldn't get an SI1 today. (I said that without combing back through all old posts to see what the center looked like.) But, there just are no eye-clean SI2s nowadays like PS-ers found back in 2004-2005. What they sell as SI2 now, I think ought to be called I-1, my diamond included. Just some food for thought.

eta: Yeah, definitely look into that. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-cant-wait-to-see-my-new-aca-2-02-f-si2.20581/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-cant-wait-to-see-my-new-aca-2-02-f-si2.20581/[/URL]

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
TC1987|1350097667|3284312 said:
I think you should send that center stone back in for re-grading. With grade creep, I wonder if it wouldn't get an SI1 today. (I said that without combing back through all old posts to see what the center looked like.) But, there just are no eye-clean SI2s nowadays like PS-ers found back in 2004-2005. What they sell as SI2 now, I think ought to be called I-1, my diamond included. Just some food for thought.

eta: Yeah, definitely look into that. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-cant-wait-to-see-my-new-aca-2-02-f-si2.20581/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-cant-wait-to-see-my-new-aca-2-02-f-si2.20581/[/URL]

Back to the drawing board. (or back to my corner to sit and think). I think this is indecision 2012, followed by indecision 2013, indecision 2014....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results