shape
carat
color
clarity

What should I do with my hair

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
My hair is always the trouble...

Ugh.

I have no idea what I want to do with it. It is thick and naturally curly. It tends to "eat my face" when it is all down, but I don''t quite look great when it is all back. So I figure I''ll end up wearing it half up, half down.

We''ll be outside, on a beach, extremely casual wedding. Lemme dig up some photos...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
This was at our Vegas wedding. It is pulled back with some barrettes, then I just let it dry naturally.

ericarbefore.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I don''t have a lot of photos of myself!

On a cruise in Tahoe. It was shorter, but maybe I should cut it a bit prior to the wedding? Again, it is pulled back from my face but still down.

ericarcruise.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ummmmm, this was early 2007. Same hairstyle! But here you can see just how curly it is.

kenericahighres2.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ok, it seems like that same hairstyle is probably about the way to go, but how do I do it? Barrettes? Combs? Clips? What is cool these days? Most days I''m lucky if I remember to brush it before I leave the house!

I am wearing a veil, which is on a comb. My hair tends to be unruly so I don''t know if using combs for my hair would keep it under control. My dress has some translucent beads on it and my necklace has pearls and purple beads, so some combination of those would be great.

I do lots of DIY so I wouldn''t mind a basic DIY project but I''m pushing the limits of what I can do in the less than three weeks I have left. Next Saturday I''m going in for a final hair touchup and my gal is going to play around with my hair, but I''d rather go in with combs, clips, or whatever I end up with.

Help!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Are you f-in kidding?
2.gif
9.gif
You have gorgeous hair!
30.gif
I know I would have killed to have hair like yours for my wedding!

Okay I have something in mind.... let me see if I can find it.....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh okay I adore Gypsy''s suggestions!

Here is what I was thinking:
http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?photo_to_show=9899&tag=hair

The stylist clips it back (using pins probably) and then you find some cute barretes, pins, or combs to use as an accent. I think your hair looks gorgeous in the vegas wedding picture, but I am not loving using the barrettes to actually hold back your hair. I think a looser look is better than tight at the crown.

I know you are worried about your hair staying in place, but stylists are great at making things STAY (like forever!
9.gif
). So just pick out a few things you like and have her try them. I''m also pretty sure thicker, curly hair is better for styling as opposed to my lovely fine/thin hair!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh! I love Gypsy''s first suggestion and yours too, Mia. I think you make a good point - tight at the crown is not the ideal look for me. On my own I can''t do anything else but I am getting my hair done that day! A splurge!

Next Saturday I''m going in and we''ll play around with specific hairstyles and take photos. I need to keep it simple so that whatever we decide on can be recreated when we get to Mexico.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking glam up do with curls. But all up, so nothing stringy floats about.

As someone who wears her hair pulled back in a pony tail most days... it felt so WONDERFUL to glam it up for the wedding. I loved it. And when I look back at the pics... I'm so happy I did it.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy''s first suggestion os soooo pretty. Very classic looking.

I have no suggestions for you myself as I am currently having a hair disaster myseld. I won''t threadjack as I will be posting my own thread for help in the near future but I just wanted to say thanks for posting links to that website. They are helping me a little already!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 6:21:11 AM
Author: merrymunky
Gypsy''s first suggestion os soooo pretty. Very classic looking.

I have no suggestions for you myself as I am currently having a hair disaster myseld. I won''t threadjack as I will be posting my own thread for help in the near future but I just wanted to say thanks for posting links to that website. They are helping me a little already!

Ditto, I really love that style, I would also think something flowy like the one mia posted would look beautiful as well.

You have lovely hair :)

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I emailed with my hair gal and she suggested picking up a few decorative pins and combs to bring with me to my appointment next weekend. I was out running a few errands today so I stopped into Nordies and found the most wonderful, perfect hair pins ever.

Well, just because they are purple and sparkly. I also got a few cheapies from Claire''s, but I really really love the Nordies ones!

From the side.

ericarhairpins1.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Head on. The color is a bit more purple than it looks here, not quite as pink.

ericarhairpins2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since I don''t have a Nordy''s here, will you go get me some blue ones? Thanks.

(I have no idea what to do with my hair. How long is yours now? To your bra strap?)

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
When my hair is straight it is down to the bottom of my bra strap. Curly it hangs between my shoulder blades. It is longer in the back than you see in the front on that top photo.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...Well I think you should wear it curly...

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Oh, EricaR, I love those purple hair pins! (I do love almost anything purple...)
They will look just fantastic!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 9:01:24 PM
Author: TheBigT
Oh, EricaR, I love those purple hair pins! (I do love almost anything purple...)

They will look just fantastic!

Heh. I''m the same way. PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results