shape
carat
color
clarity

What season are you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to figure out what season I am (you know, if you look best in blue, then you must be a "winter" type of thing -- or something like that). I''m also trying to figure out what type of jewelry looks best on me (YG or WG/plat.) How do you tell? What are the colors for the different seasons?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think spring is pastels (pale pink and blue, light green, pale yellow, peach), fall is browns, rusts or wines or berry tones, dark greens, and winter is black, taupes, grays and whites. Summer might be brights like hot pink, purple, brighter oranges and yellows, reds...not too sure though, just guessing. As for yellow versus white metal I think your skin undertone plays a part...I have a lot of yellow in my skin so sometimes I think yellow gold is too much.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an article with tests you can do on yourself...

http://flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=116&more=1

It also has a couple links.

I have yellow undertones... so I think I''m an autumn or something. I had this done once when I was younger by a makeup artist, and it was a lot of fun!

*M*

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 11:40:21 PM
Author: diamondfan
I think spring is pastels (pale pink and blue, light green, pale yellow, peach), fall is browns, rusts or wines or berry tones, dark greens, and winter is black, taupes, grays and whites. Summer might be brights like hot pink, purple, brighter oranges and yellows, reds...not too sure though, just guessing. As for yellow versus white metal I think your skin undertone plays a part...I have a lot of yellow in my skin so sometimes I think yellow gold is too much.

Thanks DF! Hmm, based on that, I think I''m a fall ''cause I wear a lot of slate blue and deep berry (like cranberry/burgandy) colors. I have no idea what my undertone is though -- sounds silly to say but I''m not sure. I''m fair skinned and dark haired.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a better one, if you are interested.

http://www.beauty-and-the-bath.com/Season-Color-Analysis.html

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 11:48:31 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Date: 2/13/2007 11:40:21 PM

Author: diamondfan

Thanks DF! Hmm, based on that, I think I''m a fall ''cause I wear a lot of slate blue and deep berry (like cranberry/burgandy) colors. I have no idea what my undertone is though -- sounds silly to say but I''m not sure. I''m fair skinned and dark haired.

When you look at your face in the mirror does it seem to look more red or more yellow. When I look in the mirror there is a slight yellow "undertone" that I can see. Try looking outside with natural light and it is easier to see. Your undertone will determine which specific colors look best on you.

*M*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
if there is a perscriptives makeup counter near you, they can sort of color type you with their foundation to tell you if you have more red, red/blue, yellow or yellow orange in your skin undertone. I was also just speculating on the colors of the seasons based on what makes logical sense to me, I could certainly be wrong but that seems on target. When you hold up certain colors against your skin, do they brighten you or make you look more sallow? That can help you?

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m a spring which definitely is not pastels. My colors need to be "crisp and clear" which means that the muddy pastel colors wash me out. I find that turqoise, aqua and coral are some of my best colors. It is very hard to find clothes in the spring tones....most of the time I can find the "summer" colors much easier. I don''t truly wind up wearing my "spring" colors all the time but when I do, those are the clothes that people comment "how great I look" in them.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m a "summer"! Yes, really! I think my undertone is blue-ish red, definitely not yellow. I look best in blues, aqua, pinks, black, and anything with a blue undertone, like "blue red" or "blue green". i can wear yellow if it''s pale, but not orange, brown or most greens.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a spring... I''m too fair to be a summer. I don''t know if I have the yellow undertones of spring exactly but the pastels look better on me than the brights - though I can wear black pretty well (contrast).

Spring and Fall have yellow undertones.... Summer and Winter have blue undertones...

and supposedly if you have yellow undertones you wear yellow gold and if you have blue undertones you wear white...

But I''ve seen people justify their preference no matter *what* sort of category they fit into so basically - who cares? LOL

I''ve been wearing a white metal ring on my left hand and a gold metal ring on my right.... partly because I like them and I don''t care if they match and partly because I want to see for myself which I really prefer on my skin.

I chose yellow gold years ago because I still took effort to tan and I do think it looked better on me then.... but now I haven''t tanned in 15 years and have no intention to... I think the white might actually be better... but honestly? who cares! LOL Wear what you like!!

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
For whatever reason, I became obsessed with knowing what season I was about a week ago and did a few google searches. I had a tough time deciding between summer and spring, but tipped the scales to summer because I don''t look good in earth tones and do look good in pale pinks. But it''s really hard to evaluate yourself. Summers and winters are cool, while springs and falls are warm. Winters and autumns have darker features than their summer and spring counterparts. I don''t think it''s a fool-proof system by any means. I used to be really into finding the best metal for my skin tone, but in wearing both and asking my husband every day which looks best and getting a different answer half the time, I''m convinced which ring is looking good depends more on the color shirt I''m wearing than anything else.

Go with what you like.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a blue skin undertone and look best in white metal. But I like gold tool.

I had my colors done 20 years ago and should go look for my color swatch. I forget what season I am. Tourquise is in it though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results