shape
carat
color
clarity

What point in the night to ask, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mj2345

Rough_Rock
I''m set with my ring, but comes a more challenging part, Where and how? I''ve decided on where but not sure at what point during the night to ask. Here''s my plan

My girlfriend and I both love to dance, ballroom, swing...etc We have both been wanting to go to the Willowbrook Ballroom in a Chicago Suburb, so I figured I''ll pick a sunday afternoon to go, This a formal dance so dressing up will not hint her in any way. I am going to have the band play Strangers in the night by Frank, She has always said she thinks of us when she hears it.

Now during the song or towards the end I can tell her all the wonderful things means to me, then pop the question right at the end of the song, down on one knee. or I could wait, ask off the dance floor, or even later at dinner. Any comments on asking on the dance floor after foxtroting around the room?

Thanks
Michael

whirled

Rough_Rock
I'd say during the dance! That's when it seems most romantic to me. You've got her in your arms and you are both very close to each other...
2.gif

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Just don't drop it...
2.gif

You also might catch her by too much surprise. When my brother proposed, they were looking up at the stars, he dropped to his knee...When she glanced down, first off she didn't have a clue what he was doing down there, then she didn't believe him!

My lesson learned is to make it excrutiatingly ovbious what you are doing
naughty.gif

g'luck

Stu

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Hi Michael

I vote for asking while you dance
It's sure to be the way
Then every time she hears that song
She'll recall that special day.

Best of luck!
wavey.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Whatever you do, don't wait until the end of the night. When I proposed to my wife, I did it at the end of a long, romantic dinner at her favorite restaurant. Unfortunately, I had been sending so many unintentional signals throughout the night (going to this very fancy place on a Tuesday, checking my pocket for the ring about 50x, generally acting nervous for no apparent reason) that she pretty much figured out what was going on. When I hadn't proposed by dessert, she figured I had lost my nerve and began getting very upset with me. (She told me this afterward--I was too nervous to notice at the time.) So though she was still thrilled when I pulled out the ring as the coffee arrived, I had completely lost the element of surprise. I think doing it in the middle of the dance floor would be your best bet.

Ginny

Rough_Rock
Hi MJ,
As a fellow swing dancer, I think definitely right at the end of the song, right in the middle of the dance floor. That would get a big wow from me anyway.
9.gif

GoodLuck!

Virginia

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
I took up ballroom/swing/latin a few years ago. My fiance is a dance instructor in his spare time (he loves to do it) and some of our most romantic times have been on a dance floor. There is just something about the setting, with the music, that makes it perfect....

So I'd say propose on the dance floor, to your song... she will love it, and the song will forever have very special meaning to her.
1.gif
it's romance, class, and elegance all wrapped into one!

Oh - and I've heard some good things about the Willowbrook Ballroom!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results