shape
carat
color
clarity

What piece of jewelry have you worn the longest aside from your wedding ring/e-ring?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aside from your wedding set or e-ring, what’s been your daily driver or longest-standing member of your jewelry wardrobe?

I just realized tonight how long I’ve had a pair of YG medium hoop earrings! I bought them when I was 20-21 to replace a pair I’d lost. I’ve gone through phases of wearing them over the past 20+ years and about a year ago started wearing them again pretty often. Having become old enough to see trends come and go a couple times now is a trip! These are classic, but I do think they fell out of style during the surge in popularity of white metals from early 2000s.

Have you brought anything back from years ago into your current rotation?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Probably my solitaire pendant. The diamond was from my mom’s original e-ring. She gave it to me shortly after I got married and I reset it into a pendant so I could wear it with my wedding set without looking like I’m wearing 2 solitaire diamond rings. I never take it off except to clean it, and have worn ot day in and day out for almost 20 years!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore my MIL‘s diamond wedding band for about 10 years on my right hand. She gave it to me after my FIL passed away. I don’t wear it as often any more because I want it to be in condition when I pass it on to one of my nieces. I have also been wearing my small gold hoops for about 10 years quite often.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My diamond studs, which were a gift for my 25th from my parents. I'll be 48 in June & they really only ever leave my ears for cleaning. I'll swap them out for the bigger studs my husband bought for my 40th or a pair of antique dangles if I'm dressing up. Then my solitaire pendant, which was a birthday gift from my husband a few weeks after we first met. He bought it to go with my studs, so i've been wearing it pretty much 24/7 for 16 years in June. I have older stuff & inherited pieces, but the studs & pendant don't really come off. I'm a simple girl with a lot of sentimentality.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hierloom earrings, until I lost one of the backs. When I go back home and get a replacement (22K with a specific design), I will wear them daily again.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bezel set solitaire pendant, approx .40 ct, white gold

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, here's pics.
I've had these two rings for 46 years.
Dad bought them for me in 1976.
The first one is uranium glass (or synthetic spinel, whatever you wanna call it)
The second one is nephrite and sterling. I wear them both from time to time.
IMG_20220422_065643554~2.jpg

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this bracelet 20 years ago and have not taken it off since. I plan on continuing to wear it because I still like it but I guess there
is always the chance of it breaking and I lose it. It is suppose to be 2-tone but the "white" gold parts of it have lost its rhodium plating
and I have not done anything to "fix" it. Maybe I'll get around to it someday! (the white gold parts are the bar areas)

IMG_20220422_085050970_HDR.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, here's pics.
I've had these two rings for 46 years.
Dad bought them for me in 1976.
The first one is uranium glass (or synthetic spinel, whatever you wanna call it)
The second one is nephrite and sterling. I wear them both from time to time.
IMG_20220422_065643554~2.jpg

I love reading stories like this about fathers buying a piece of jewelry jewelry for their daughters. I always imagine what a special memory that must be for the daughter. You are a lucky lady @Strassi. These rings are beautiful. Your dad sounds like a pretty great man.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reading stories like this about fathers buying a piece of jewelry jewelry for their daughters. I always imagine what a special memory that must be for the daughter. You are a lucky lady @Strassi. These rings are beautiful. Your dad sounds like a pretty great man.

Dad liked flea markets and military shows. He collected WWII items. There were always jewelry dealers at the shows.
He would always bring back treasures for my Mom, sister and me. He is partly responsible for our whole family's love of bling!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
An emerald I bought in CA in the early 90's. It's been in a pendant setting and I wore it daily for years. In this pic it is shown with a loose pear emerald, two grey/blue spinels and a pear diamond. It is in a bale and chain (lower right).

My other mainstay is a Roberto coin set: YG rope hoops, and a coordinating necklace. Pendant is a circle rope hoop and diamond bezeled at the bottom inside of the hoop.
IMG_4364 2.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My WF tennis bracelet.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My diamond stud earrings.. I wear them every day.. take them out every night and put them in again in the morning.
Definitely NOT my rings.. I change them as often as I change my underwear.. daily! :lol:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few pieces from the 1980's that I still wear.

Tried this on at an Intergem show. My mother was like "oh that's pretty" and started negotiating the price, waving cash etc. I had to pull her away because I had no intention of buying it (no funds lol). At closing, she wanted to give it one more shot. I was like "what if he accepts??" Her answer "then you have to buy it because it's a good deal". He accepted and so I had to buy it (well my mother did and I paid her back)

Decades later it is still one of my go-to rings which makes it really a bargain.

20220422_192649.jpg

This bracelet is still in regular rotation. My husband asked my mom to help him buy something for the birth of our first child (1988). She bought this as a plain gold bracelet and had her jeweler add the diamonds.

Bracelet_Diamond.jpg

This ring belonged to my godfather and he gave it to me in the early 80's. Years later, I looked down and saw the jade was missing. Big relief when I found it in my car trunk. I had to take it to several jewelers before I found one comfortable resetting it. Now I only wear it on occasion and only for things like going out to dinner.

ring_jade_godfather.jpg

I also have these bracelets that were my grandmothers. My mom gave them to me in the early 80's because she considered them worthless (because the ivory was cut and the gold coins soldered). They only get worn once or twice a year.

Bangle_Ivory_Grandmothers.jpg

Bracelet_Gold_LivertyCoins_Setting(10K).jpg

Finally my akoya pearls (bought on a HK business trip in the mid 80's).

Necklace-PearlStrands(3Matching)-Cultured-Saltwater-Japan (2020_05_24 14_34_17 UTC).jpg

I have a few pieces from the 70's as well as my baby jewelry (early 60's)...but those don't get worn as they are all too small or not my style.

Last edited:

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
If we are being truuuuly honest....

Most worn are these two (very) inexpensive silver pieces. I enjoy fun earrings, so those get changed in and out daily, but things on my hands pretty much stay the same. Have these on my right hand, and wedding set on the left. These only change in the odd occasion that I want to put something else (usually fancier) on instead, otherwise I just add a ring or two on occasion.

Both were somewhere between $10-$15, so maybe that's why I am happy to wear them literally anywhere without thought :razz: :razz:

16506903352756492793758575195407.jpg

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
This ring belonged to my godfather and he gave it to me in the early 80's. Years later, I looked down and saw the jade was missing. Big relief when I found it in my car trunk. I had to take it to several jewelers before I found one comfortable resetting it. Now I only wear it on occasion and only for things like going out to dinner.

ring_jade_godfather.jpg

All beautiful and special pieces, but that green in the jade is really speaking to me right now. Glad the family jewelry gets continued love!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The piece of jewelry I wore (almost as long as my ER) is my grandmother's engagement ring. In fact it was the only piece of jewelry I wore before I got engaged. My ears weren't even pierced (they had been when I turned 16 but then I let the holes close). I didn't wear any jewelry but my grandmother's engagement ring.

I started wearing it after my grandma died. That was the piece of jewelry I wore every single day and I wasn't a jewelry person at that time. Or at least I didn't think I was. But I loved wearing it and it made me feel she was with me every single day.

Unfortunately my mom asked for it back after I got engaged and got my own engagement ring.

I think subconsciously maybe this is the reason behind my love of old cuts.
Haha "old cuts" was auto corrected to old cats. :lol:

Maybe I adore old cuts and only want to wear antique pieces because it brings me closer to my grandmother. ❤️

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 6.59.28 AM.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
The piece of jewelry I wore (almost as long as my ER) is my grandmother's engagement ring. In fact it was the only piece of jewelry I wore before I got engaged. My ears weren't even pierced (they had been when I turned 16 but then I let the holes close). I didn't wear any jewelry but my grandmother's engagement ring.

I started wearing it after my grandma died. That was the piece of jewelry I wore every single day and I wasn't a jewelry person at that time. Or at least I didn't think I was. But I loved wearing it and it made me feel she was with me every single day.

Unfortunately my mom asked for it back after I got engaged and got my own engagement ring.

I think subconsciously maybe this is the reason behind my love of old cuts.
Haha "old cuts" was auto corrected to old cats. :lol:

Maybe I adore old cuts and only want to wear antique pieces because it brings me closer to my grandmother. ❤️

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 6.59.28 AM.png

What a lovely gallery! Do you have a head-on shot? Does your mom wear it now? (Seems a bit unfair she asked for it back when you had worn it all those years).

Also - did it hurt to re-pierce your ears???

I love old cats too!! They are 19 and 15 years old.

43169F05-5BD1-4C03-B833-008E0FA1DEF3.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband bought me this from an antique store about 30 years ago. It was made in 1910 with around 3/4 ctw of diamonds set in white gold. I wore it as a stand in wedding ring for many years after my original wedder gave me eczema. I have a new wedder now - made from my old wedding ring and my husband's (which snapped), after we had them melted down together and split into two, but it's yellow gold. So I still wear this one whenever I need a white metal ring. Normally I wear it alone, but it's also the only ring I ever wear as part of a stack.

It's a simple ring, but I love it and I remember the day we bought it together so clearly. It has all happy memories. <3

20210414_165853.jpg

20210414_170018.jpg

20210415_201901.jpg

20210422_145342.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely gallery! Do you have a head-on shot? Does your mom wear it now? (Seems a bit unfair she asked for it back when you had worn it all those years).

Also - did it hurt to re-pierce your ears???

I love old cats too!! They are 19 and 15 years old.

43169F05-5BD1-4C03-B833-008E0FA1DEF3.jpeg

Aww thanks. I can't find a photo now but when I do I will share it. No, neither my mom nor my aunt wear the ring. I don't even know who has it. My mom gave it to my aunt (her brother's wife) but my aunt definitely wouldn't wear it (she wears big and fabulous jewelry lol) and she might have given it back to my mom. I'll have to ask her as I am curious. It's OK though as I wouldn't wear it now anyway. I barely wear any jewelry rings included right now. At first when it happened I was sad but honestly my mom was right. I wouldn't wear two engagement rings as I rarely like wearing anything on my hands anyway. The setting is very lovely in real life and I even thought about reproducing it for Bubbalah but I don't think it's right for Bubbalah.

Speaking of old cats, awww yours are so sweet. Older dogs and cats rock. I mean everyone loves puppies and kittens but give me an elderly cat or dog any day over a kitten or puppy. They are the sweetest! ❤️

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
When I was 16 my dad bought me a 10k box chain...I am now 60 and I still pull out that chain on a regular basis. It is shorter on me than it used to be as I have gained weight since then...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading these stories about fathers buying jewellery for their daughters reminded me of my TRULY oldest piece of jewellery. My dad used to go away for work & on my 10th birthday, he gave me a sterling silver ring that had a polished heart in the centre with carved swirls on each side, like a small signet ring. He bought it on an Island, but I can't remember if it was Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man. I wore it on my RH until I was 16, which was when I inherited my grandmothers wedding rings. Jewellery came & went for me through my teenage years & 20's, but I kept that pretty ring.

I passed it to my eldest on her 10th birthday & it fit like a glove. She's 13 now & has never taken it off. I will snap a picture tomorrow as she is fast asleep in bed at the moment.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading these stories about fathers buying jewellery for their daughters reminded me of my TRULY oldest piece of jewellery. My dad used to go away for work & on my 10th birthday, he gave me a sterling silver ring that had a polished heart in the centre with carved swirls on each side, like a small signet ring. He bought it on an Island, but I can't remember if it was Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man. I wore it on my RH until I was 16, which was when I inherited my grandmothers wedding rings. Jewellery came & went for me through my teenage years & 20's, but I kept that pretty ring.

I passed it to my eldest on her 10th birthday & it fit like a glove. She's 13 now & has never taken it off. I will snap a picture tomorrow as she is fast asleep in bed at the moment.

<3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results