shape
carat
color
clarity

What other websites do you visit frequently?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any to share, myself. I really only check here, one other kid related forum and a few news sites that are too boring to mention!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facebook, Etsy, Amazon, The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Talking Points Memo, Andrew Sullivan, other news places but mostly from links.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
NPR, Little Green Notebook, and some of the PS vendors!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Facebook, pinterest, this site, a vintage travel trailer forum, ebay, a local and online auction site, a hiking and camping forum for my favorite area and the college website I am taking some online classes at. I also do much of my shopping online and often check different retail sites and some gem sellers to see the latest listings. Sounds like I spend all my time on the computer when you list it like that :oops:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
The Onion, Hooked on Houses dot net, which is great for people that love to poke around in cottages and mansions, all the gem dealers.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on facebook alot and I try to check out Twitter every day but not too many others....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here, FB, etsy, pinterest, imdb.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Jezebel (love), Pinterest, Etsy, FB, many news sites, and a pregnancy/baby forum.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reddit. It's very...illuminating. Sometimes in a very bad way, other times not so much. :read:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Etsy, Ebay, Amazon, Gilt Groupe, Rue La La,and Outnet

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Forgot about Pinterest and FB! But not everyday. I do check mint everyday.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jewellery threads on TPF - especially Cartier and VCA. The majority of posters seem to have different priorities than the collective PS populace - branding generally trumps all else - but there are some collectors who have been learning about their favourite houses for years and years and there's an incredible wealth of knowledge there.

I do think PSers can be needlessly disdainful of branding and it's refreshing to read about different lines and pieces from the perspective of people who know about and appreciate their histories.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A camping related forum board, as well as a pearl related board.

Also Meetup for upcoming events for the groups I belong to.

DK :))

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie, what's TPF?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Facebook, Yahoo Finance, Fidelity Investments, Merrill Lynch, Franklin Templeton Investments, Cruise Critic, Club Lexus, (lately Crafted By Infinity and High Performance Diamonds), and the National Weather Service.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought of another one-Zulily. Not every day, but every other I suppose.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iota15|1417214162|3792009 said:
Yssie, what's TPF?

The purse forum!
I don't think I can link it, but if you google "the purse forum" it'll be the first URL ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that just registered - iota!! It's good to see you back! :bigsmile:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
yssie said:
The jewellery threads on TPF - especially Cartier and VCA. The majority of posters seem to have different priorities than the collective PS populace - branding generally trumps all else - but there are some collectors who have been learning about their favourite houses for years and years and there's an incredible wealth of knowledge there.

I do think PSers can be needlessly disdainful of branding and it's refreshing to read about different lines and pieces from the perspective of people who know about and appreciate their histories.
Same, I appreciate the knowledge they have for that. I pretty much spend all my TPF time in that section. We do have some crossover between here and there.

Besides there I spend time on a few other luxury sites, and a lot of tech sites. And I read a ton of "lifestyle blogs."

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1417208360|3791829 said:
Here, FB, etsy, pinterest, imdb.

oh lol, I totally didn't even think of IMDB or Wikipedia. Really, the website I'm on most besides here is definitely Wikipedia.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1417213330|3791984 said:

For me it all depends on the piece. What MOST people are looking for here though is engagement rings and I feel like the engagement rings are overpriced enough at most big brands without being unique enough to make them worth it. But most non-basic things and wedding bands at big brands, I am totally fine with. And actively want.

I've never been to TPF except when I was finding it through authenticating-luxury-pieces things, but maybe I should pop over. I'm just not all that into purses so the name makes me feel like I wouldn't like it, lol.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I lurk a bit at TPF just to read the jewelry and watch threads. Daily I'm on here, Pinterest, many of the PS vendors, FB, Houzz, realtor.com, Kiplingers, Forbes. Nordstrom & Zappos for shopping. And my banking every day.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reddit, the usual gem sites, and I am newly into City-Data, as we are considering a move. I go on TPF when I need a dose of completely out of my budget ever eye candy.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I never miss my burro buddies: http://www.the7msnranch.com/
Also hit the Drudge report unless I'm tired of being depressed so early in the morning, lol. PS vendors. Royal Jewels forum. Frequent stops at Sothebys & Christies to see what's up. A couple of vintage-house blogs because I love old houses. And I love this site for its varied info on all sorts of interesting subjects: http://godsandfoolishgrandeur.blogspot.com/

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
I go to CNN at work to catch up on world events. I find that I don't usually go to specific sites and much as I search specific themes. What I mean is lately I've been really into rose cut diamonds, so I google rose cut diamonds and look at related images/read articles. I do the same for furniture, vacations, etc. So I'm more into browsing themes than specific sites. Hope that makes some sense :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results