shape
carat
color
clarity

What one thing scares you more than anything else?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss.
Even in many small planes the most dangerous part is driving to and from the airport.

I lost a friend in a plane crash last month at your nearby airport. I’m sure you saw it. He was an instructor. I do agree driving is more dangerous but I’m not going to take my chances in a small plane.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just lost 2 friends this week when their plane crashed with two others on board. The engine was having problems mid-flight.

I was never a fan of small planes, but it's safe to say I won't anywhere near them now. And I want a major airline pilot because many of them trained in the military.

Also, since 9/11 I will never set foot in a high-rise building. You couldn't pay me to do it.

I’m so sorry @doberman I agree about the small planes..No way. You could offer me a million dollars and I wouldn’t go.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost a friend in a plane crash last month at your nearby airport. I’m sure you saw it. He was an instructor. I do agree driving is more dangerous but I’m not going to take my chances in a small plane.

I’m sorry @AprilBaby I would never travel in one either...

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

I am sorry for your loss.
Yes I saw that.
I also understand why you wont fly in them.
It has been many many years since I was last up in one but would go if I had a chance to.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am most afraid of either of my children dying more than anything in the world, or my granddaughter.

I am fearful of death, but not really scared to die, just don't want it to hurt too much. Where my parents, sister, brother, aunt, grandmother are is a good place so I am ready there.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m afraid of the police and have never committed a crime. I’m a rule follower, but I got pulled over 4 years ago (my running lights were out) and I was so visibly nervous the cop openly asked me if there was a reason. No, I’m just a paranoid wreck. He was very nice and told me his wife has anxiety too :lol:

Of course the most prevalent fear is something happening to one of my children. I think that is just part and parcel with motherhood.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Except if it's you.

I am so sorry for your loss.
Even in many small planes the most dangerous part is driving to and from the airport.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
The one thing that scares me the most already happened years ago when I lost my son in 2013.

The second worst thing I’m most scared of is losing my SO. I wouldn’t have made it this far if not for her. I’m fearful of death but not for myself, if that makes any sense. It’s more like, I don’t want to be left behind. The pain of losing a loved one is just unbearable. It never really goes away, regardless of time. I know it sounds selfish, but I just can’t.

I’m also scared of heights, driving over bridges, snakes, rodents, worms.

So, there you have it: I’m one heck of a mess!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thritto, I’m with you @missy and @mrs-b. I have an overactive imagination that something could happen to my husband, parents, brother and children, that they know to call me back right away if they see a missed call. If they don’t, they would likely have a search party looking for them within 3 hours if they don’t make contact.

Same! Omg. I have PTSD! Thanks to my DD. Her first year In college she lied to me and said she was in bed by 10 and luckily I believed it. But by her sophomore year I caught on and the trauma began!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Loss of my loved ones, most especially my children. I can barely even type it. My overactive imagination works hard on this one.

Thing like bugs, flying, public speaking, and mice never really bothered me all that much (though I don’t necessarily lIke any of those things). Public restrooms makes the short list of things I despise though.

For a few years, it was being a passenger in a car on the interstate. My beloved aunt was killed in a road rage incident 10 years ago. She and my uncle were in a car on one side of the interstate. Two aggresive drivers on the other side (one hit the back bumper of the other) crossed the divided highway. The median fence was down due to construction. My aunt was hit head on while sitting in the passenger seat. She was airlifted but did not survive. For at least a year after I had essentially mini panic attacks any time I was in a car with someone else driving. I worked through it eventually but still miss her very much. I can say that I rarely let other drivers anger me now. It is just not worth it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really fear things, there are unpleasant unavoidable things that happen to us all and things that get the adrenaline going, like scuba diving or snorkelling with poisonous sea snakes that are really inquisitive or really big sharks.

I've been in a small plane in a severe weather event, and thought we were going to crash and die when we got out all the luggage was tossed like it had been in a blender and a pottery vase I had wrapped up in bubble wrap and clothing was completely smashed..... The plane was not only hitting pockets of turbulence and bouncing it was being thrown a few building storeys as well, worst I've ever been in and I've been in hundreds of small and large planes.

I've been a passenger in a couple of car crashes.

My brother died when he was 6.

I think plenty of unpleasant things occur to us all that is simply what life is.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Losing the people I love.

This isn't just a vague, altruistic, "I really love my family" kind of thing. Both my parents went out one day, seemingly healthy, and never came back.

If DH goes somewhere and is significantly late, I'll have him dead, buried, and me 'alone for the rest of all time' by the time he walks in the door. And if he has his cell phone turned off...well, let's just say - it can get ugly. He knows this is a real and illogical fear for me, tho, so makes allowances.

I lost my mother suddenly as well. I have almost seriously lost my DH a few times.
I do the same thing you do to some extent(I hope you take this the right way, but it's kind of a relief. It is a secret thing I've never told anyone)I've gotten a little better, but it's there, underneath.

* I wouldn't call it a fear exactly but heights are weird for me; I feel an urge to fling myself(or someone will do it to me)off a precipice in a swan dive if I'm near it. I get the tummy flipsyturvys. It's fleeting, but it always happens. I have no idea why.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being on a boat on the ocean. I was traumatized watching the original Poseidon Adventure when I was little and then again when I watched The Perfect Storm and again when the deluge destroyed the world in the movie 2012.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think plenty of unpleasant things occur to us all that is simply what life is.

This is so true. I have been thinking about this very issue lately. This is life. The good and the bad and the in between. Much of it is unpleasant and anyone who has lived enough years understands this. No matter how fortunate one is when you are old enough (if you are lucky very old but usually not so old) you have experienced loss and trauma and unhappy occurrences. Truly this is life.

“Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.” — Stephen Hawking

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 4.58.06 AM.png

This song may seem trite but I am loving it and yanno, it sort of sums up life. IMO.

I hope it brings a smile to your face. We all could use that. :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - yes I think it's the pandemic, I too have been reflecting upon similar things, the longer we journey through life the saddest part is the more pets, friends, and family members we will lose. And it's bitter sweet, the sheer joy of knowing and being with those people versus the deep sadness when they are no longer with us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results