shape
carat
color
clarity

What one thing are you most thankful for this year?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
This was a really busy year for us. We finished our whole home reno and listed our weird, very small house for sale. We expected to take a loss but couldn’t continue the commute (80 miles/ day for my husband and 40 for me, with traffic too) so we just hoped for the best. It was a bidding war! But then our house didn’t appraise so we didn’t get quite as much as we expected to. We did still make a very large profit though so no complaints.

While that was happening my grandma needed surgery to have half a lung removed (cancer). My grandpa passed away from lung cancer when I was in high school so it was a terrible to find out grandma had it too. Because the surgery happened so quickly I had to take two weeks to fly home (while we were in the process of selling) to take care of grandma after surgery. But she’s ok! She’s recovered well and both she and my mom really appreciated that I was able to come home to take care of this.

Then my little dog needed surgery because he tore his ACL and I was very worried it would be a huge problem. My dog is a little dramatic and hates the vet. But he recovered well! We took him on our annual road trip and he loved it. He walked well. I was worried he’d decide he was done walking since he’s kind of lazy and got used to less activity while he was recovering. But he received lots of attention from people, which is all he wants, and was ok.

Then someone stole a bunch of stuff at our new house and I was feeling disappointed about how unsafe our new home felt compared to our old house and felt sad about selling. But we now have a lot of security features in place now... so that’s ok too.

All in all, I’m just glad this year worked out ok. This was one of our most hectic years. I look forward to having less eventful years going forward.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, so true. The ultimate in life is having loved ones both family and dear friends in one's life. Otherwise life is lonely and small. So glad you have all this. And I hope your family member who is going through a challenging time comes out A OK.

Thank you I really hope she does too :) trying to figure out how we can cheer her up.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Dear @bling_dream19 thank you for your kind words and I am thankful for you too. You are a breath of fresh air and a joy to all. So grateful for the wonderful women I met on PS and have become friends with throughout the years. So happy to have met you and to call you my friend. And yes I second pizza and shopping...one day soon!

Yes hopefully some day soon! I went into SW store last night and told them about the slipping and they gave me heel sticky things. So nice! And I'm very thankful for my fiance. He got his tux last night which was very exciting. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and good times with your family.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm thankful for second chances.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thankful that my dad pulled through a horrible accident, where he got hit by a moped and had to endure emergency. Brain surgery and 5 days of induced coma. Thankful that the Er staff and doctors responded quickly and he did not suffer any brain damage. Thankful for my puppy, who has brought my teens out of depression, brought Dh and myself closer and given my parents companionship and wonder (their first fur grand baby).

459132B7-04F1-4297-81DC-D5605C9DAEAD.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was a really busy year for us. We finished our whole home reno and listed our weird, very small house for sale. We expected to take a loss but couldn’t continue the commute (80 miles/ day for my husband and 40 for me, with traffic too) so we just hoped for the best. It was a bidding war! But then our house didn’t appraise so we didn’t get quite as much as we expected to. We did still make a very large profit though so no complaints.

While that was happening my grandma needed surgery to have half a lung removed (cancer). My grandpa passed away from lung cancer when I was in high school so it was a terrible to find out grandma had it too. Because the surgery happened so quickly I had to take two weeks to fly home (while we were in the process of selling) to take care of grandma after surgery. But she’s ok! She’s recovered well and both she and my mom really appreciated that I was able to come home to take care of this.

Then my little dog needed surgery because he tore his ACL and I was very worried it would be a huge problem. My dog is a little dramatic and hates the vet. But he recovered well! We took him on our annual road trip and he loved it. He walked well. I was worried he’d decide he was done walking since he’s kind of lazy and got used to less activity while he was recovering. But he received lots of attention from people, which is all he wants, and was ok.

Then someone stole a bunch of stuff at our new house and I was feeling disappointed about how unsafe our new home felt compared to our old house and felt sad about selling. But we now have a lot of security features in place now... so that’s ok too.

All in all, I’m just glad this year worked out ok. This was one of our most hectic years. I look forward to having less eventful years going forward.

what a very up and down year you have had
hope next year is less dramatic and more gentle specially on grandma

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh what a year and so glad you and your family came through it A OK. So relieved your grandmother is doing well and that your doggie is dong well. And so sorry about the burglary and how it made you feel unsafe. It's a huge violation and glad you have a good security system in place now to protect you and your things.

Amen to less stressful years moving forward.:pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankful that my dad pulled through a horrible accident, where he got hit by a moped and had to endure emergency. Brain surgery and 5 days of induced coma. Thankful that the Er staff and doctors responded quickly and he did not suffer any brain damage. Thankful for my puppy, who has brought my teens out of depression, brought Dh and myself closer and given my parents companionship and wonder (their first fur grand baby).

459132B7-04F1-4297-81DC-D5605C9DAEAD.jpeg

Thank goodness your dad survived that awful accident. And what a sweet puppy. So glad he helped everyone through such a scary time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thankful for second chances.

So glad you are doing well and yes to second chances. Cats get nine lives right so the least we should get are second (and third) chances to get things just right. Happy holidays to you @Tacori E-ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes hopefully some day soon! I went into SW store last night and told them about the slipping and they gave me heel sticky things. So nice! And I'm very thankful for my fiance. He got his tux last night which was very exciting. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and good times with your family.

I love their customer service and so happy they are helping you get the fit just right. Speaking of SW boots one of the 2 new pairs I ordered arrived yesterday. Haven't had a chance to try them on but I really love the color. They are so different from all my other SW boots but definitely me. I love the combat boot and wore them all through college and graduate school and it brings back memories.

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 5.08.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 5.08.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 5.08.03 AM.png

Yay for your FI and getting his tux the other night. So many happy things coming your way. Enjoy every moment and savor each day. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so thankful for being able to celebrate Thanksgiving again with my healthy 90 year old grandma. I also am blessed to have healthy parents, 5 healthy children, and the most amazing DH that I could wish for.

@Dancing Fire your Grandbabies are so incredibly adorable!

So wonderful you are able to celebrate with your grandmother. Nothing is better than grandma. Enjoy your wonderful family and sending you happy holiday wishes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also want to single out my daughter-in-law..She was included in my family..but also deserves a special mention because she is the best daughter-in-law I could have wished for. She loves my son and my grandson with all her heart. She also loves me which makes me happy because I love her too! You hear about mother-in-law/daughter-in-law stories that are awful. I’m very grateful we aren’t part of that statistic!

You are a wonderful mother, daughter, wife, and mother in law. Your DIL is super lucky to have you as you are to have her. What a special relationship. Savor it Joanne and know you deserve that and more. So happy you have such a lovely DIL and she has such a special MIL. :appl:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds & @missy Grandma’s issues were the worst part of the year. She has to go to trial next year because she was a witness to a hit and run but after that she’s free to travel. We bought our new house with her in mind and I’m hoping she’ll be healthy enough to spend the later part of spring and summer with us. Anything colder than 70 is just way too cold for her so she’ll probably want to go home come fall.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year, most of all, I am grateful just for making it through the year in one piece, and, after so many medical hills to climb, still being able to celebrate Thanksgiving like *this* with this guy.

It was a quiet day, but we had such a delicious lunch and enjoyed each other's company so much - I can't think of any day that could have been better.

20191128_145305.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds & @missy Grandma’s issues were the worst part of the year. She has to go to trial next year because she was a witness to a hit and run but after that she’s free to travel. We bought our new house with her in mind and I’m hoping she’ll be healthy enough to spend the later part of spring and summer with us. Anything colder than 70 is just way too cold for her so she’ll probably want to go home come fall.

oh how awful for her
i hope the case is straightforward and maybe the defendant wilp enter a guilty plee and she won't have to worry

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are a wonderful mother, daughter, wife, and mother in law. Your DIL is super lucky to have you as you are to have her. What a special relationship. Savor it Joanne and know you deserve that and more. So happy you have such a lovely DIL and she has such a special MIL. :appl:

Thank you @missy..You are so sweet..I really feel very lucky.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results