shape
carat
color
clarity

What one most important thing do you do just for yourself?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What one most important thing do you do just for yoursel

These days, with four kids under 5? It would be a daily shower, lol. I aim big, I know. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My jewelry hobby and PS are just for myself. The thing is, it is more than a virtual world since I have met so many nice people from PS and keep in touch with a few PS friends often. I am allowing myself one trip a year with my jewelry buddies, too. I've been shopping in my state with a PSer, to Vegas twice, Houston a week ago, and have Miami and NYC on my list for the next couple of years! There are other things in life that are more important to me, but this is my luxury time just for myself!

I wish I could get addicted to exercise, but that would be kind of like the chances of me winning the lottery! :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I write.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila619|1455419042|3990793 said:
These days, with four kids under 5? It would be a daily shower, lol. I aim big, I know. :)

Haha Laila, big hugs to you. I wish I lived nearby because I would happily babysit so you could get some more "me" time in your daily routine.

I am loving reading everyone's posts and thank you for sharing.

I also find reading cathartic and rejuvenating as well as just being alone.

I think of myself as an extroverted introvert so it's complicated lol.
I agree with everyone of these points except the caffeine bit. I need my coffee in the early morning thank you very much!

http://www.puckermob.com/lifestyle/8-signs-you-may-be-an-outgoing-introvert

http://introvertspring.com/6-signs-youre-an-extroverted-introvert/

So true about the escape plan. I always have one is large social gatherings. Always.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1. Time alone with myself, in the morning, after my husband and DD have left for work and school and late in the afternoon, when I come back from work and they haven't returned yet!
2. Reading poetry and spending time on Pricescope in the evening.
3. Jewelry!
4. Working out for one and a half to two hours, three times per week.
5. Hair, make up, manicures (I have my hair professionally done once every two weeks, I get manicures once per month and I spend at least twenty minutes every morning making my hair and make up, before I leave for work).
6. I spend money in clothes, especially for my professional wardrobe and I splurge on a luxury item (Burberry scarf, Louis Vuitton bag, etc, once per year).

I just realized that I'm very spoiled... :???:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

For me it is definitely exercise. In recent years I have gone from just working out in the gym to attending fitness classes. I do yoga, pilates, circuit, zumba, weight training, and even water aerobics. At my advanced age I think it is essential for mental and physical well being LOL and the classes are so much fun!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Nightly bubble baths were my routine. All year round. I always had nice products in the bath for my relaxation.

But now I've developed eczema, I must refrain! :(( Oh well.

cheers--Sharon

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I need my weekend creative time. Time to pursue my painting, jewelry projects, sewing, etc.
Don't ask me to your kids b-day party, or to a picnic or whatever. Dont drop by just to chat.
I know that sounds awful and anti-social, but my weekends are sacred.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a great thread! I'd say for me it's alone reading time (VITAL!) and makeup/jewellery/perfume. I'm not actually very girly at all but I adore those three things. I always take time to carefully choose what I'm going to wear each day and I get a lot of enjoyment from them.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love to work out so it would take a lot to make me stop doing that. My favourite is outdoor activities, such as running, hiking and skiing. But I try to incorporate some strength training too :) The only thing I would never ever never (you get the idea, hahaha) sacrifice is training with my dog :bigsmile: She is the family angel and my baby :angel:

Missy - you are so right, and its fun that you sound somewhat similar to me - just a better version of me, hahahaha.. Big diamonds, eating healthy and exercising - you go girl :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww Scandinavian thank you. You are too kind and that is not true. We are both the perfect versions of us. You go too girl! :bigsmile:

Have you posted pics of your sweet dog in the furbaby thread? I have not visited that thread for a long while. If you were in the mood I would love it if you would share pics of her here. She is a lucky girl to have you as her mommy that is for sure!

Stracci, I'm with you re weekends being sacred so no I don't think that is terrible at all. I am very picky with whom I share my weekends and most of the time I prefer it to be just me and my dh and we have plenty of alone time to do just what we want to do.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1455545540|3991261 said:
Aww Scandinavian thank you. You are too kind and that is not true. We are both the perfect versions of us. You go too girl! :bigsmile:

Have you posted pics of your sweet dog in the furbaby thread? I have not visited that thread for a long while. If you were in the mood I would love it if you would share pics of her here. She is a lucky girl to have you as her mommy that is for sure!

Stracci, I'm with you re weekends being sacred so no I don't think that is terrible at all. I am very picky with whom I share my weekends and most of the time I prefer it to be just me and my dh and we have plenty of alone time to do just what we want to do.

Furbaby posted - couldn't resist, hahaha...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A housekeeper once every 2 weeks, especially because I'm motivated to get my money's worth by putting everything away to give her more surface area to clean. Having a clean, decluttered home has done more for my mental and emotional well being than I anticipated it would.

We didn't have a housekeeper when we lived in an apartment, and cleaning would consist of moving stuff to one side of the room and cleaning, then moving it to the other side and cleaning, but the pile of clutter never seemed to dissipate. My husband vocalized how it affected his mental state, while I denied its affect on me. Now I get it!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Great thread! I enjoyed reading all of the varied responses so far. I love that everyone finds some quiet time to put yourself first during some part of the week. :clap: I wish I had learned the importance of doing that earlier in life. :wall:

A little over a year ago I started trying to carve out time for things that were important to me. I now exercise for at least 30 - 90 mins most days. I am really happy when I find time to watch an entire music or concert dvd while exercising. :dance: I read and try to jot something down in my journal each day. (Even if it's just a short note). Those things really help me because I'm a worrier. :errrr:

The other thing I do is spend time training my dogs daily. It doesn't matter if it's just a few minutes a day, but I love the connection I feel when we practice together! Plus it helps keep up their skills for our volunteer work.

You may wonder how I find time for all of this, but one thing that has helped is getting off of committees, boards, etc. I was spending an inordinate amount of time with things that other people wanted me to do. :doh: I'm now trying to stick with putting my time into things I care passionately about. Consequently I sleep better, have lost weight and my dogs passed their therapy tests with flying colors! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results