shape
carat
color
clarity

What next?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I have several things in the queue to develop:1. More cut education including H&A and ideals.
2. Ranking the dealers by differnt factors
3. Different interactive stuff like diamond searching forms etc.What else? What should be done first?leonid

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How about close up magnified shots of an Eightstar, Acut Above, SuperBcert, & Hearts on Fire stone in all different type of lighting sitting right next to each other along with corresponding hearts and arrows images via the ideal scope of each stone with the pictures set right next to each other for all of us to view thst have wondered.

And yes Leo I know your not Superman....

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
12.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
As I've done searches with cut quality priority, I've wished for:

1. The ability to search by HCA #, ascending or decending.

2. The ability to search for HCA #s that might be between 2.0 and 3.0, for example. Would be helpful if one was shopping for a pendant diamond that didn't have to be a super idea, but still wanted a reasonably good cut. There seems to be no way to search for "just below" ideal cuts.

Otherwise, you do a bang-up job, Leo! Great site.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
A more thorough tutorial/breakdown of fancy shapes. I understand rb is more popular and an easier study on symmetry, but a lot of people have asked about fancies and don't get much more than, "how does it look?"

Photographs of different proportion combinations would help greatly in giving us fancy consumers an idea of how the numbers may affect the appearance. The B&Ms don't carry enough in stock and aren't nearly as knowledgable on the fancy cuts as some seem to be on the pscope.

Thanks.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Amen Homer_j

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
The question comes up from time to time "What is the best way to sell my diamond?" At one time there was an auction feature on the site, but it never really went anywhere. This site has the potential to be the #1 clearing house for people to sell their diamonds (and upgrade to something bigger and better!).

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Leonid,

I personally thought that it would have been way easier to find the right diamond with very specific details, such as flourescence, girdle % and total depth % ranges. I found that I wasted a lot of time looking for a diamond and finding that one particular area was bad (or not as good as I would have liked, such as a thick girdle, etc).

#2 on my list would be more cut or H&A stuff. For instance, I always wonder why the non-round shapes look whiter in bright sunlight, where the rounds look dark (this applies to really nice cuts in the colorless range as well). On lightly hazy days, round diamonds just seem to look the best!

Thanks for the vote
wavey.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ooops! I almost missed this one!

Thanks so much for your imput guys. I'll see what I could do now.

Homer_J:
-----
Photographs of different proportion combinations would help greatly in giving us fancy consumers an idea of how the numbers may affect the appearance.
------
David Atlas (Oldminer) is doing something about this already. I've seen the prototype. Not sure though when he'll publish it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results