shape
carat
color
clarity

What music/songs/artist are you listening to right now?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bee Gees. How Deep Is Your Love.
Billy Joel. Honesty.
Gilbert O'Sullivan. Alone Again.
Feelin' the 70s right now.

My DD's into Singing in the Rain now, singing Good Mornin' all day long. :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love me some Billy Joel, one of my most played stations on Pandora.

Okay so currently listening to:

Jim Croce-Operator (my husband just discovered his music)

Beyoncé-Hold Up

John Mayer-Why Georgia

Frankie Valli

Dave Matthews-Grace is Gone, Best of What's Around (which is our song)

Love oldies music because it reminds me of my parents so really anything from 50's on.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1478399457|4094352 said:
Love oldies music because it reminds me of my parents so really anything from 50's on.
ABSOLUTELY. :wavey: :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1478403665|4094374 said:
This:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=thIVtEOtlWM

Only DMX understands how I feel being the President of an HOA board with 3 asshat dead weight board members and only one other helpful board member.

Pinto! The jeweler I worked for in Chicago once told me a story about how DMX came in and had the previous owner make him this giant cross full of invisible-set princess cuts. Apparently instead of that bench actually setting the diamonds properly, they were all GLUED in and a bunch of them fell out. The previous people were fly-by-nights who up and left the business suddenly, so when DMX came back to get his cross straightened out, they were gone and my boss was left to explain. So poor ol' DMX was left with a piece of crap and out whatever $ he'd laid out for it in the first place. That is the only thing about DMX I know. :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1478405661|4094380 said:
PintoBean|1478403665|4094374 said:
This:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=thIVtEOtlWM

Only DMX understands how I feel being the President of an HOA board with 3 asshat dead weight board members and only one other helpful board member.

Pinto! The jeweler I worked for in Chicago once told me a story about how DMX came in and had the previous owner make him this giant cross full of invisible-set princess cuts. Apparently instead of that bench actually setting the diamonds properly, they were all GLUED in and a bunch of them fell out. The previous people were fly-by-nights who up and left the business suddenly, so when DMX came back to get his cross straightened out, they were gone and my boss was left to explain. So poor ol' DMX was left with a piece of crap and out whatever $ he'd laid out for it in the first place. That is the only thing about DMX I know. :lol:
you never cease to amaze me Monnie! I was hoping that I wouldn't be embarrassed by a youngin asking me who or what DMX is or someone assuming it's a cough suppressant or a type of bicycle brand. :lol: :lol: :lol:

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Solange (for those who don't know, Beyonce's younger sister) dropped an album recently and it is one of the best albums of the 2010's imo.

For those who watch SNL she was on there this past Saturday I think. (I've never watched the show (I know, I know :hand: )but I saw it on Twitter)

A Seat at the Table: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZltxY1iIyPs

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We're pretty eclectic when it comes to music, so:

Bruno Mars- 24K Magic

Billy Joel- Miami 2017

TwentyOne Pilots- Heathens

Mumford & Sons- Ditmas

Chris Stapleton- Fire Away

Sia- Cheap Thrills

Eric Church- Record Year

Adele- Send My Love

Maren Morris- My Church

Weezer- Perfect Situation

Dixie Chicks- Cowboy Take Me Away

Various songs: Kendrick Lamar, Missy Elliott, Frank Sinatra, and STEVIE NICKS (b/c I'm gearing up for a Stevie concert next week!!!! :dance: )

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great thread idea. Here are some lately songs:

Death Cab for Cutie - "Title and Registration"

The Lumineers - "Ophelia" and "Cleopatra"

Regina Spektor - Anything by her. I love her and just bought tickets to a local show of hers in March! So pumped!

Iron and Wine - Belated Promise Ring

Bon Iver - Skinny Love

Damien Rice - The Blower's Daughter

Florence + the Machine - Anything really, but I adore Cosmic Love

I'm going through a break-up, can you tell? :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All songs Bruno Mars.

Tower of Power.

Bach and Scarlatti harpsichord works.

Q

Queenie60

Motown most of the time. Mixed in with The Beatles, Paul McCartney, The Eagles, and a bit of Frank Sinatra, touched with a little jazz!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since just after lunch yesterday I've basically had this live version of 'Holy Mountains' by System of a Down on repeat; it's like Armenian folk music meets hard rock and Serj Tankian's voice is an absolute pleasure to listen to live. There's also a great little explainer at the start by the bassist and drummer on what their music is about.

https://youtu.be/mcTPBAQ51kI

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Listening to music is the most powerful way to change my mood. I LOVE many different genres of music from most decades. Below is just a sample of my most recent playlist. I make new playlists every month usually and on this most recent playlist I have 100 songs. I am including just a handful of songs that are on it from memory. 2 of these songs I added after listening to them on a recent PS thread. Thank you PS!

Courtney Barnett "Pedestrian at Best"

I Monster "Daydream in Blue"

Andain "Beautiful Things"

Amy Winehouse "You Know I'm No Good" and "Back to Black"

Simply Red "Holding Back the Years"

Disturbed "The Sounds of Silence"

Leonard Cohen "Dance Me to the End of Love" and "Take this Waltz"

Jeff Buckley "Hallelujah"

Pet Shop Boys "Always on my Mind"

Patti Smith "Dancing Barefoot"

Janis Ian "In the Winter"

Yaz "Only You" and "Winter Kills"

Moody Blues "Knights in White Satin" and "Your Wildest Dreams"

Nelly Furtado "Say it Right"

Harry Chapin "Taxi"

The Kinks "Come Dancing"

LLJsmom, Billy Joel was the first concert I ever went to in 1980 and wow does your post bring back those (happy) memories. And I love that your DD loves "Singing in the Rain". An oldie but a goodie that will remain classic forever. Thanks for starting this thread. :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG--we just purchased an Amazon ECHO ("Alexa") and the world of music is now available to listen to (at the sound of my voice)! "Alexa" picks for me whatever genre/song I want to hear in an instant! Highly recommend purchasing one!

To answer your question, my favorite band has always been Journey. Don't Stop Believin'/Faithfully are my favorite Journey songs, especially when we karaoke at the office, lol! :dance: Gotta love anything Josh Groban as well! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results