shape
carat
color
clarity

what Mary Kay products do you like the most?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello: some time I posted re foundation and Mary Kay was recommended.I just got it and so far its good Have to evaluate it properly after using it for some time.They also have spf foundation and many more products.Just wonering what else is good.I got mascara as well ( I was out of it anyways) ANy recommendations? I like to spend as little time as possible on make up etc so the easier the better.THanks

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I actually sell MK, and I hate the new mascaras! So if you don''t like it, know that you can return it to your sales lady for a full refund! I actually returned all of them and refuse to sell them.

My favorites:

I love the eye makeup remover! It''s so easy to use and it doesn''t tug or irritate my eyes.

Firming Eye Cream. It''s awesome... it has even reduced the dark circles under my eyes.

The microdermabrasion set is really good. Kind of expensive, but it makes your skin glow. Expect a little redness the first couple times you use it, but that goes away quickly.

Love the Satin Hands and the Satin Lips sets. Great for winter! I have my FI using the hand cream and he really likes it. His hands get chapped in the winter without it.

The skincare is one of the better brands out there, but I go back and forth on the color cosmetics. I don''t use the eyeshadows and blush that much because I think they are just so-so, but I do love the foundation.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hands down - the Satin hands line.
2.gif
Truly not a better hand cream out there. I love their 3 step which exfoliates & conditions.

For a while, I was using their "Timeline Age Fighting" moisturizer. I really liked it - great for late 30''s early 40''s. Though, I now use Olay Regenerist. MK heavier creams were too heavy. Timeline not enough.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I love the powder eye shadow. I usually use it as liner, though, or over my liner to set my pencil liner. The colors are very intense so it is difficult for me to use many of the vibrant colors without mixing with a beige color or lighter. I am having some problems with sensitive skin right now and using prescription skincare products. The microdermabrasion kit is really great...I am just having to use it every now and then for now.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the make up in the small tube and I like it. A couple of the lip glosses are nice too.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sumbride, Fire&ice, Dianne and diamondfan.Its my 1st time using MK.
I kind of did not like the mascara thanks Sumbride for your recommendation.Which mascara is a good one these days? The hand satin cream did feel good better than any I tried so I my just get it.She used some kind of cool gel before foundation ( not sure what it does beside feeling good ) I am planning to put it over my moisturizer.I did see the SPF with moisturizer and color sort of like foundation for Summer time, but not sure how it would work with water sports? Any comments on this? Thanks

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The microdermabrasion scrub & serum set is great - my MIL is a rep, and she gave me some for Xmas, and now I''m hooked.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree; I like the scrub mask.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I also love the scrub mask.
I really like their lipsticks and lipliners.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use the foundation, mascara, eye shadow, eye liner, lip liner, lipstick, and blush daily. I haven''t had any problem with the mascara, so I am unsure of the problem with that. I do use some kind of Oil of Olay hypo-apllergenic moisturizer, though, because it is a lot less expensive and I cannot tell the difference. I am not sure if it is the Regenerist or not, but I think I''ll try that since F&I mentioned it.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks a lot.Wondering what is a good mascara these days? Any suggestions? Maybe should make it a new topic..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use Dior right now and Clinique. I sometimes buy Maybelliene too; the one in the pink tube.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i''m using neutrogena clean lash tint. i have a lot of skin issues and end up with itchy red eyelids using most mascaras. i don''t have any trouble with this and it is easy water wash off.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
re: mascara.... I could have Clinque for free. Just never felt the love. Used Maybelline as a kid. Thought I needed to progress as a young adult - used Ulitima for a decade or more - they were one of the first to offer a "contact" mascara. Within the past 4 or 5 years - back to good ole "Mabelline" - great lash and then finish w/ Unstoppable.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I liked the old MK mascaras, but they released a new formula last year and it''s just not good to me. It is designed to do everything.... so while it does make my eyelashes really thick, it clumps, smears, and if I tear up at all, it smudges all over my eyes. I wear contacts so my eyes produce a lot of moisture and it just was too difficult to keep my mascara on.

I wear Bare Esscentuals mascara now and really like it. Philosophy makes a lash tint that I adore as well. I''ve always found that a pricier mascara doesn''t necessarily mean it''s good... Maybelline, Cover Girl and Almay all make excellent mascaras.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks to everyone your suggestions are all great.Will try them out. Thanks again..

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
For me the best mascara is Maybelline Lash Discovery (I use the waterproof). The brush is so small when you pull out the wand you will think they forgot to put on the bristles but, tiny as they are, they are there and they get the really fine lashes, too. I have to curl my eyelashes and this mascara keeps the curl...other mascaras have actually taken the curl out and then I have a strange-looking tangled mass of lashes. CVS, if one is near you, is a good place to buy makeup...they will take back what you don''t like and refund, no questions asked! And as expensive as "drug store" makeup is getting that is a wonderful deal. Good luck!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
*Gasp!* The Ultimate mascara is the best I''ve ever used! If this one is "bad", what am I missing???? I''ve got long thick, non-clumpy, non-smeary, non-flaky eyelashes all day long (even after crying, it was still thick on my upper lashes), which is quite a feat given that I have short Asian eyelashes.

I clearly like the mascara, I love the miracle set (skin care), the eye primer I couldn''t wear eye shadow without, the eye makeup remover is great, satin lips are awesome, and the visibly fit body lotion keeps my eczema (and my consultant''s) at bay without medicated lotions.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like their mascara and also their velocity face wash and lotion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results