color
clarity

What Length Veil with Dress?

What Length Veil to Wear??

• Cathedral Length

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure which length veil to wear with my dress, can you guys help me out? I feel like since my dress is basic, I may be able to go with cathedral, but I want opinions. Also, would crystals on the veil look ok with the dress?

My dress front:

dressforme1.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
My dress back:

dressforme2.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t vote, because I can''t really decide between fingertip and cathedral. Have you tried either or both on with your dress?

Since you were concerned that your dress might be too plain, this might be a good place to bling it up a bit.
2.gif
I think that it would look fine, but once again, you should probably try on one with crystals before ordering it. Are you having an evening wedding, by the way?

Sidenote: You know how you were doubting your dress? I''m now doubting my veil. It''s fingertip, but suddenly I want cathedral length. I have a feeling that cathedral length might be too much for an outdoor morning ceremony though. I''m sooo tempted just to buy a cheap one on ebay and wear it around the house though.
5.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, SP, I voted for the cathedral, because I think you make a good point about amping up the glitz with the veil, but I wanted to ask you, do you mind slightly covering up the back of your dress? If you have fingertip, it''ll slightly cover it, but still leave a little showing. What do you think?

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 10:39:05 AM
Author: Blenheim
I didn''t vote, because I can''t really decide between fingertip and cathedral. Have you tried either or both on with your dress?

Since you were concerned that your dress might be too plain, this might be a good place to bling it up a bit.
2.gif
I think that it would look fine, but once again, you should probably try on one with crystals before ordering it. Are you having an evening wedding, by the way?

Sidenote: You know how you were doubting your dress? I''m now doubting my veil. It''s fingertip, but suddenly I want cathedral length. I have a feeling that cathedral length might be too much for an outdoor morning ceremony though. I''m sooo tempted just to buy a cheap one on ebay and wear it around the house though.
5.gif
Hey Blenheim!

Yeah, bring on the bling!!! haha. I''m just not sure that crystals will look good with bugle beads...since the shape is not the same. I like getting others'' opinions on these kinda things b/c when I look at things I tend to decide hastily without really thinking it throught.

I def think I should try them on before buying, but I am starting ot lean towards a cathedral veil preference even though before I wanted a short one. Yeesh.

At least if you are doubting your veil you can get another on ebay for not too much! I actually have one that I bought prematurely at home right now for $20 so before I buy again I have to try on!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 11:11:17 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Well, SP, I voted for the cathedral, because I think you make a good point about amping up the glitz with the veil, but I wanted to ask you, do you mind slightly covering up the back of your dress? If you have fingertip, it'll slightly cover it, but still leave a little showing. What do you think?
Hey Amberwaves!!!

I was originally thinking of only a 1 tier veil, (or 2 if I decide to go with the blusher) so I think you'd still be able to see alot of the back through it. I do fully intend to remove the darn thing at the ceremony though, so the back of my dress will be totally visable then.

I really want to get a blingy headband/low tiara as well, so I may opt for a plain veil rather than crystals, but I have to try them out and see how subtle or not subtle they are.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for finger tip, because it's still nice to see some of your dress and your figure from the back, but it will cover up your shoulders.

EDIT: I might just go try some on and bring the dress somewhere to get a better idea.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love your dress, it''s one of my favorites... I''d wear a cathedral veil with it. You were worried about the dress being too plain, so I''d use that to dress it up with some lace, beads or crystals.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I also vote cathedral veil. But, I would go with a plain one (I''m not a big fan of veils with scattered crystals- especially if there aren''t any crystals on the dress. Although I do like cathedral veils that have beading/embroidery/crystals along the bottom in some instances- i.e. as long as the dress is completely free of any embellishment or it matches the beading/embroidery/crystals on the dress perfectly). I think your idea of wearing a blingy headband/low tiara is great, and will add the perfect touch of bling without being overdone. And, a cathedral veil will help dress up your ensemble if you feel like your dress is too basic (I think it''s elegant btw
2.gif
). With that said, I would still recommend trying on different veils with your dress before purchasing one, as you may find that you have a strong preference one way or another after you actually see them on yourself. Also, if the salon will allow it, maybe even have someone take pictures. I know for me at least, it’s always easier to go back and compare pictures when making a decision like this- I''m just more objective!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I love cathedral veils... mine is only one-tier, with just a thin satin band around the edge. My dress consultant had me try on a few different types before I chose that one, and I ended up preferring the long one because it was the least "competitive" with the back of my dress... I felt like the finger-tip veils tended to fall right where the detail was, and ended up looking too busy. Attaching a pic for illustration!
1.gif

ETA -- Ugh, I'm sorry that pic is so big... I should have sized it down before attaching
40.gif

EphDress6a.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 8:27:56 PM
Author: ephemery1
I love cathedral veils... mine is only one-tier, with just a thin satin band around the edge. My dress consultant had me try on a few different types before I chose that one, and I ended up preferring the long one because it was the least ''competitive'' with the back of my dress... I felt like the finger-tip veils tended to fall right where the detail was, and ended up looking too busy. Attaching a pic for illustration!
1.gif

ETA -- Ugh, I''m sorry that pic is so big... I should have sized it down before attaching
40.gif
OMG you look so beautiful! I love the 1 tier veil on you!!!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for cathedral, as long as there isn''t a lot of stuff on it, it won''t obstruct the corset detail of your dress- a shoulder length one could, or it could look funny to have some of your back not be covered.

Fingertip veil could hit at a funny point and obstruct some of the detail as well.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Great dress Sweetpea - I almost got that one myself. I wore Maggie''s Mileta and had a tapered veil that started fingertip level, simple organza one tier with silver edging.

Back view:
JCJDgownsmall.jpg

Front:
Picture160.small.JPG

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for a cathedral veil -- however with your dress, I would go with a sheer cut cathedral, not a traditional full cut. You''d want the veil sheer to show off that gorgeous dress. I got mine from http://www.occanseydesigns.com/ and I had a custom cut fullness -- I had it cut sheer at the top, I think 52 inches, and the veil was 108 at the bottom. This keeps the veil sheer, but wide, without looking poofy at the top!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results