shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of shoes will you wear on your wedding?

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
I am about to wear a pair of purple high-heeled shoes in my wedding couple of years later. There would be lots of white pearls and crystals on them. I am sure the shoes would be shining and pure. That will be amazing! Would you like shoes that attached with fancy gems or pearls? So what kind of shoes will you wear in your wedding?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your shoes sound amazing meredith! Pics please!

Hope you don't mind me chiming in here as I am already married but I wore flats to my wedding. Much to the chagrin of my hairdresser LOL who helped me get ready. He was quite aghast and tried to talk me out of it for months but I never wavered. I was completely comfortable (most important thing IMO) and happily danced the night away with my (just married!) dh! We had a blast and I hope your day is amazing too!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I will likely wear flats or a very short wedge heel that is solid. I'm a clutz. And I hate heels. I wouldn't feel like myself in heels on my wedding day. FI is 6'3" and I'm 5'1", who cares :)) I want to be comfortable.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought about those Manolo swan shoes that were used in Twilight (that Bella wore for the wedding), but I didn't like the colors they came in (white, black, burgundy). If they'd had a blue or turquoise version, I'd have been all over it.

bella-swan-wedding-shoes-manolo-blahnik.jpg

So instead I got the BHLDN Elopement Pumps... I wore them to my engagement party, where I was standing up for like 8 hours straight, and they are sooooooo comfy.

19656826_045_a.jpg

So yeah. When I started looking for shoes, those were the first two pairs I immediately fell in love with. Since I was a little girl, I planned to wear wild Pucci pumps but couldn't find any between when I got engaged and when I needed my shoes by. Pucci has just had boring stuff out the past few seasons. Like, wtf is this bs - http://www.emiliopucci.com/item/store/EMILIO+PUCCI/tskay/8D8F600C/rr/1/cod10/44449090HL/areaid//sts/ -boooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiingggggggggggg. I had imagined something like this: http://www.stylehive.com/shop-emilio-pucci-geranium-multi-satin-print-platforms or otherwise crazy looking but couldn't find any used in my size.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I will be wearing gold Manolo Blahnik's. I bought them a few years ago and never really wore them, and then when I was trying to figure out what to wear for the wedding I realized they would be PERFECT wedding shoes!

Here they are-

file.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, Star Sparkle, those are pretty!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I wore fabulously purple Stuart Weitzman peep-toes. They cost almost as much as my gown!

Shumate%20details-1030.jpg

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I went barefoot and it was the best decision BY FAR!!! All of my bridesmaids did the same :)

polkadot_0.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Love the polka dot pedicures Stacey!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore Uggs to my reception. Lol.

And I wore Kate Spade Keedens for the ceremony and most of the pictures...

I was originally going to wear a pair of Stuart Weitzmans that star sparkle had a huge part in, but I ended up twisting my ankle about a week before the wedding and since they were about 4 inches high, I had to look for an alternative. Good thing I had the Keedens just lying around! (I have a blue shoe problem.)

the_details-020-9648.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um, sooooooo purple! You're going to need an amethyst or necklace if you don't already have one so that you can wear them together! Dana has a new one up on his site that looks fantastic and similarly colored! That stone was the first thing I thought of when I saw them.

Freke, blue shoes, you don't say? No one would associate those with you at all. :roll: They're very pretty - I like a lot of Kate Spade shoes because they're simple but yet so pretty.

Stacy, I love the coordinating pedicures!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1358385692|3357413 said:
Love the polka dot pedicures Stacey!

distracts|1358409408|3357601 said:
Stacy, I love the coordinating pedicures!

Thanks, ladies! If you saw my closet, you wouldn't understand why I'd go without shoes..I LOVE heels! I especially love those lovely blue ones Freke!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1358409408|3357601 said:
vc10um, sooooooo purple! You're going to need an amethyst or necklace if you don't already have one so that you can wear them together! Dana has a new one up on his site that looks fantastic and similarly colored! That stone was the first thing I thought of when I saw them.

Haha...DH and I have actually been married for 18 months now! But we were definitely on the same train of thought for bling! I had an amethyst that I bought from Tan custom set by DanielM, which was partially a gift from C-tek. I wore it for my reception along with a purple sash. (For the ceremony I wore a gorgeous champagne and ivory silk sash with pearls and beads that C-tek made me, and my mom's pearls.)

Pendant3.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
distracts- Thanks! Love your shoes too!

vc10- Mmm, those are yummy! I've got a huge Stuart Weitzman problem, or so say my closet space and wallet. :wink2: If I didn't already have my Manolos, I probably would have gotten a new pair of SW's for the wedding. Good choice!

Freke- Ahhhh, I <3 your blinged out SW's!! I miss seeing them, you need to wear them somewhere and take lots of pics. :naughty:

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Erm, well, I'm a low budget wedding type, so my shoes aren't super pricey (and I'm not very traditional, so neither are they). I do love the shoes in this thread so far! But mine are a bit different.

For 4 inch heels, they are crazy comfortable (I am a big Born fan. My other option was Miz Mooz who has some really super cute styles, but they don't offer enough forefoot coverage for my apparently long toes, and I don't like the look of toe cleavage). They're also very flattering to my feet and muscular legs, and I feel awesome when I am wearing them.

I got a really great price on them, and I fully intend to continue wearing them after the wedding.

_3143.jpg

mogster

Shiny_Rock
After looking forever for a pair with the right color, style, height, formality, I found these:

32862272251711718_ljkz2k6w_c.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1358353307|3356865 said:
I thought about those Manolo swan shoes that were used in Twilight (that Bella wore for the wedding), but I didn't like the colors they came in (white, black, burgundy). If they'd had a blue or turquoise version, I'd have been all over it.

bella-swan-wedding-shoes-manolo-blahnik.jpg

So instead I got the BHLDN Elopement Pumps... I wore them to my engagement party, where I was standing up for like 8 hours straight, and they are sooooooo comfy.

19656826_045_a.jpg

So yeah. When I started looking for shoes, those were the first two pairs I immediately fell in love with. Since I was a little girl, I planned to wear wild Pucci pumps but couldn't find any between when I got engaged and when I needed my shoes by. Pucci has just had boring stuff out the past few seasons. Like, wtf is this bs - http://www.emiliopucci.com/item/store/EMILIO+PUCCI/tskay/8D8F600C/rr/1/cod10/44449090HL/areaid//sts/ -boooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiingggggggggggg. I had imagined something like this: http://www.stylehive.com/shop-emilio-pucci-geranium-multi-satin-print-platforms or otherwise crazy looking but couldn't find any used in my size.

Those Manolos are gorgeous, but agreed on the color options...I saw a girl DIY her own pair on WeddingBee and they actually came out AMAZING imho! http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/diy-manolo-blahnik-swan-shoes Also I am SO jealous of those gorgeous BHLDN pumps. They are my absolute favorite color!!! Do you have any pics of those?

star sparkle those heels are gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

I used to dream about wearing Louboutins at my wedding...then I found PS and decided that a great e-ring > red soles. Also because I want to wear blue/turquoise heels, and that seems to be too opposite of red!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1358474365|3358308 said:
I used to dream about wearing Louboutins at my wedding...then I found PS and decided that a great e-ring > red soles. Also because I want to wear blue/turquoise heels, and that seems to be too opposite of red!

Oh me too, pandabee! Sadly, I wanted purple shoes, and CL didn't have anything out at the time in the right shade. Several PS brides have worn blue Loubies on their wedding day, though...and I'm jealous of every last one of them!!! (All pictures pulled from the favorite shoe shot thread in Newlyweds.)

princessplease.jpg

Attachments

• rachie.bmp
    569.6 KB · Views: 1,634
  • katamari.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,621

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
:cheeky: :cheeky: :love: :love:

okay yeah, those are still swoon-worthy!!!!

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild|1358395800|3357526 said:

I was originally going to wear a pair of Stuart Weitzmans that star sparkle had a huge part in, but I ended up twisting my ankle about a week before the wedding and since they were about 4 inches high, I had to look for an alternative. Good thing I had the Keedens just lying around! (I have a blue shoe problem.)

Freke, those are my dream wedding shoes or the Clarice by Kate Spade - alas, i can't justify spending that kind of money when my wedding dress was only $399!!! So I've settled for these

rsvp_elleigh.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
lovebug1031|1359669646|3368960 said:

Freke, those are my dream wedding shoes or the Clarice by Kate Spade - alas, i can't justify spending that kind of money when my wedding dress was only $399!!! So I've settled for these

lovebug, you should TOTALLY get the kate spade shoes!!! I'm a member of the $400 dress club as well, and I (happily) paid full price for my SWs! They were SO incredibly comfortable and I have worn them SO frequently since the wedding that they've definitely gotten way more use than my dress (and I wore that three times!!!) and I still consider them to be some of the best money I spent on the wedding! So if it's not too late and you still have the budget, I'd definitely think about getting your dream shoes!

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
vc10um|1359682205|3369189 said:

lovebug, you should TOTALLY get the kate spade shoes!!! I'm a member of the $400 dress club as well, and I (happily) paid full price for my SWs! They were SO incredibly comfortable and I have worn them SO frequently since the wedding that they've definitely gotten way more use than my dress (and I wore that three times!!!) and I still consider them to be some of the best money I spent on the wedding! So if it's not too late and you still have the budget, I'd definitely think about getting your dream shoes!

Thanks! It's not too late, my wedding is in August! I do love the Kate Spades and know i'd wear them again, these other ones probably not (they were $35!). I may cave in the end and buy the shoes I really want! Just depends on the budget overall really. I'm definitely a low budget bride, and very proud when I can get a great deal on something (hello Vistaprint groupon for my wedding invites!!) - but it IS ok to splurge on some things - so we will see!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I keep pinning high heeled shoes on my wedding shoe board on pinterest. However - I never wear heels. I know I won't like them. I'm a flats or short wedges kind of girl. I'm 5'1", FI is 6'3"...I could certainly use the extra height for our pictures, but I'll probably end up with something 2" or less and probably wishing I'd just worn flats all day!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I wore ballet slippers. Partly because DH and I are the same height ::)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
lovebug1031|1359744240|3369760 said:

Thanks! It's not too late, my wedding is in August! I do love the Kate Spades and know i'd wear them again, these other ones probably not (they were $35!). I may cave in the end and buy the shoes I really want! Just depends on the budget overall really. I'm definitely a low budget bride, and very proud when I can get a great deal on something (hello Vistaprint groupon for my wedding invites!!) - but it IS ok to splurge on some things - so we will see!!!

You're a bride after my own heart!!! (and wallet!) I definitely feel you on getting the good deal (says the girl whose invites came from Michaels with 40% off coupons, whose flowers came from the internet, and whose centerpieces came from IKEA!), but I can also tell you that I never for one second regretted the splurge on the shoes. Not then, and not now! Just make sure you decide before you get your dress altered! :D

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I got some big gold glitter platform peep toe pumps made from shoes of prey.
They were great as they were made to fit my wide foot, so they were really comfy, and I've worn them lots since.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1360249717|3374361 said:
lovebug1031|1359744240|3369760 said:

You're a bride after my own heart!!! (and wallet!) I definitely feel you on getting the good deal (says the girl whose invites came from Michaels with 40% off coupons, whose flowers came from the internet, and whose centerpieces came from IKEA!), but I can also tell you that I never for one second regretted the splurge on the shoes. Not then, and not now! Just make sure you decide before you get your dress altered! :D
My dress was in the $450 neighborhood, so you definitely aren't alone!

(I also have the Clarice in Hot Pink. I have a bad bad thing for Kate Spade shoes. Oh heck, I have a bad bad thing for heels in general! As if you all didn't already know this! :???: I had bought the Keedens just because though. I saw them on their first run, they sold out, and then I got to them the day they came back on the website, and I think they sold out the next day? It was crazy!)

Star, I don't know what to wear them with!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results