shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of ring for him?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it''d be interesting to see what wedding band the men are craving these days. What kind of ring are you ladies getting for your FI? Mine wants titanium either with one diamond or a platinum inlay.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I think I''m having FI''s wband custom made (hopefully by BGD!). We''ll do white gold with some diamonds spaced out around it.

But we bought our "cheapy" wedding bands a couple weeks ago. We wanted ones we wouldn''t be worried about losing when we travel (or when he goes on his manly hunting and fishing trips
20.gif
). Mine is white gold (I don''t have a picture of on my computer) and his is titanium.

Here''s a pic of his "el cheapo band."

mensringpicforps3.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an inspiration pic of something similar to what we''re thinking for his "fancy shmacy band"

mensbandinspirationpicforps.jpg

missbennet

Rough_Rock
His is platinum, 6mm wide. (my picture''s arnt working, sorry)

they are relativley in expensive at Tiffany &Co, which obviously makes high quality pieces. They also have engraving options, which i took advantage of

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
My DH got Bruce Boone titanium with makume gane inlay. he loves it, calls it "the one true ring"
20.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
My husband works in a profession where he is not allowed to wear his wedding ring to work. He also works out for a couple hours every day and doesn't wear his ring then either. Basically, knowing that 1) he wouldn't wear it for more than an hour or so a day if that and 2) the frequent removal of the ring made him losing it a likely possibility, we decided to get him the cheapest titanium men's ring from Kay's. I believe it was $99. He hasn't lost it yet, and we've been married a little more than a year, but I can ASSURE you if we had bought an expensive band, it would have been lost at least once by now, that's how Murphy works :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 12:39:33 AM
Author: sonnyjane
My husband works in a profession where he is not allowed to wear his wedding ring to work. He also works out for a couple hours every day and doesn''t wear his ring then either. Basically, knowing that 1) he wouldn''t wear it for more than an hour or so a day if that and 2) the frequent removal of the ring made him losing it a likely possibility, we decided to get him the cheapest titanium men''s ring from Kay''s. I believe it was $99. He hasn''t lost it yet, and we''ve been married a little more than a year, but I can ASSURE you if we had bought an expensive band, it would have been lost at least once by now, that''s how Murphy works :)

Ditto - my FI won''t be able to wear his to work either.

When we bought his the vendor was having a sale on palladium rings which made it cheaper than wg, so that''s what he wanted
1.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
DH has a less traditional wedding band and wears the Frank Gehry rose gold torque ring

rosegoldtorquering1.jpg

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 9:06:09 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
Well, I think I''m having FI''s wband custom made (hopefully by BGD!). We''ll do white gold with some diamonds spaced out around it.

But we bought our ''cheapy'' wedding bands a couple weeks ago. We wanted ones we wouldn''t be worried about losing when we travel (or when he goes on his manly hunting and fishing trips
20.gif
). Mine is white gold (I don''t have a picture of on my computer) and his is titanium.

Here''s a pic of his ''el cheapo band.''
I really like this "cheapo" one. Can I ask how thick it is?

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
4mm half-round comfort fit band from Whiteflash. It''s in 18K WG to match mine. The ring actually came with rhodium plating, but Whiteflash is going to grind off the plating so that his ring will have a pale gold color like my set.

Don''t have it yet since I just sent in the order yesterday, but I''m looking forward to seeing it soon.
1.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 11:14:31 AM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange
Date: 1/12/2010 9:06:09 PM

Author: Travel Goddess

But we bought our ''cheapy'' wedding bands a couple weeks ago. We wanted ones we wouldn''t be worried about losing when we travel (or when he goes on his manly hunting and fishing trips
20.gif

Here''s a pic of his ''el cheapo band.''
I really like this ''cheapo'' one. Can I ask how thick it is?
I want to say it''s around 5mm in width but I''m not 100% sure. I''d have to measure it. It doesn''t seem very thick when he''s wearing it.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I got FI a black tungsten ring to wear in the meantime (I think he was a tad jealous that I got to wear a ring and he didn''t), but now he refuses to think about getting anything else. He loves it-- even though the black coating is scratching. He thinks it looks even more manly
20.gif
It suits him though, and as long as he''s happy with it, so am I.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
We're planning on a simple band in a white metal (maybe palladium). My wedding band will be platinum, but he really isn't bothered by jewellery so platinum for him seems a bit overkill (and expensive!)

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
My fiance has never worn any jewelry EVER, not even a watch, so he is understandably skeptical about wearing a ring. It is important to me that he does, so he''ll be wearing one. I just want to make sure we find him the most comfortable ring possible. I''ve got platinum, but we''ll probably get him something in white gold or something similar. Any suggestions on ring styles that will be comfortable and light? I''ve heard of comfort bands, and think that might be the way to go.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Art Carved something-or-other.
9.gif

10500000132.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Here is FI''s, from Jared''s. He''s not a jewelry person, but wanted something unique.

rhgrhtrhtrhtrhtrhtghgh.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
K went with a plain platinum band--I want to say it was 4 mm? He has really large hands, but the slimmer band looked better on him.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 3:00:48 PM
Author: ladypirate
K went with a plain platinum band--I want to say it was 4 mm? He has really large hands, but the slimmer band looked better on him.
That''s exactly what I got for my fiance. 4mm plain comfort fit band. It should actually be arriving today!

We tried on a few , but he preferred the slimmer band and knew we wanted something simple and platinum.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I actually got mine a tungsten band so we would have the same metal for our wedding bands! he loves it and he''s gotten a few compliments already on it.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
FI wanted something with weight to it, and that was indestructible. We got him a tungsten band...titanium was too light for him, and he wasn''t crazy about any of the gold bands we saw at our jeweler...I wish I had a picture of it. Hes really happy with it, and occasionally takes it out of the box and tries it on! Too cute :)

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I showed my FI the Chris Ploof meteorite band and he fell in LOVE with it. I just can''t afford to get it right now. As a stand in, he''s getting a Scott Kay (which was his 2nd choice) and I got it on mega sale. The ritani endless love wedding band matches my ring, but he can''t afford my band either right now. We thought about both upgrading our wedding bands on an anniversary- once we''re no longer students.

Band (left) Chris Ploof meteorite
Band (right) Scott Kay

band3ajs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results