shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of pasta dish should I make?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fi is craving pasta for dinner, but I''m not in the mood for the old spagetti and meatballs/ziti/lasagna/stuffed shells. I want something easy but good and different. I have the following in the house as protien:
Chicken
Steak
Ground Beef
Salmon
Scallops
Shrimp

Ideas?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I have an amazing recipe for a chicken spaghetti bake....it's at home, so I wouldn't be able to post it until after school, though. It's basically spaghetti noodles, chicken, tomatoes, red peppers, onions. So yummy.

I always love alfredo with shrimp, too! This is making me hungry...I better go get lunch!
21.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I like to grill some chicken breasts and then cut them into good size chunks and add them to a fun shaped pasta along with broccoli, kalamata olives, garlic, oregano and olive oil. Toss it all together and grate some parmesan cheese on top. It''s light, filling and nutritious not to mention, really easy!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 1:05:20 PM
Author:Hudson_Hawk
Fi is craving pasta for dinner, but I''m not in the mood for the old spagetti and meatballs/ziti/lasagna/stuffed shells. I want something easy but good and different. I have the following in the house as protien:

Chicken

Steak

Ground Beef

Salmon

Scallops

Shrimp

Ideas?
Yum, How about a seafood melody with either tomato or pesto sauce?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I have an ex boyfriend who''s mom used to make AMAZING food. She made this pasta with marinara sauce, black olives, and shrimp and put it over angelhair. You should try something like that!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 1:05:20 PM
Author:Hudson_Hawk

Chicken

Steak

Ground Beef

Salmon

Scallops

Shrimp

Ideas?
Ground beef-make ragu bolognese (ground beef, a little bit of onions, celery, and carrots, milk, white wine, and tomato. cook it all down slowly until thick.)

Salmon-ragu di salmone
Onions, tomatoes, cubed tuna, rosemary, parsley, pepper flakes.

Scallops, I would do a tomato-vodka sauce.

Shrimp, I would do something that is not traditional Italian, I''d probably do some Thai-inspired fusion. Spaghetti, onions, curry shrimp, white wine, chile, mint, with a little bit of tomato.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
One of my favorite easy-to-make pasta dishes is spaghetti/linguine with shrimp in a garlic-wine sauce.

All you do is quickly sauté the shrimp in extra virgin olive oil until they are just barely pink/cooked. Take them out and let them cool. Then sauté 3-4 minced garlic cloves in extra virgin olive oil until garlic is a light golden color, add some white wine and let the the wine reduce a bit. Add the shrimp back in the skillet and toss with cooked pasta (add more olive oil if you want). Add parsley some parmesan and you''re good to go. You can also sub chicken if you dont'' want shrimp. Home-made garlic bread is also really good with this dish.

Garlic bread: french loaf (or any bread you like) sliced into 1 inch slices. 3 very minced garlic cloves mixed with 1/2 stick of butter (for half a loaf of french/italian bread) a touch of marjoram, a touch of cayenne papper. Spead the mixture on each slick (each side) and wrap in foil but leave the top open. Then rub some water on the top of the bread so it doesnt burn (makes it beautiful golden brown). Bake for 15-20 min at 350 degrees.

If you don''t try this tonight, definitely try it...its good for you and soooo yummy!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I second the pesto- SO yummy. I mix fresh basil, parsley, lemon juice, parmigiano reggiano cheese, and garlic cloves in the processor and it''s an instant cheesy sauce! SOOO good. I put it over wheat penne or linguine. Its so easy too!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yum, these all sound SO good! I''ve written them all down for reference. I think tonight I''m feeling like something more hearty and less light so I''m going to make chicken marsala and serve it over pasta.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
If you can, what about grilling the steak and throwing it into a marinara with a bit of red pepper, so yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results