shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of party or celebration to have after we elope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
My fiance and I are planning on eloping in July. It''s nice not to have to worry about all the wedding stuff but still we''ve told people that we are going to have some kind of party or celebration, and I''m really not sure what to do. Do we have a party at home, go out to eat with a bunch of close friends and family, or rent some place to throw a party in? I don''t really have any ideas.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I suppose that will depend on how many people you plan to invite!
1.gif

Less than 20, going out for a nice dinner is a great option. Less than 50, party in your home is a great option. More than that, you'd probably HAVE to rent a place!
2.gif

Do you want a big formal affair? Or just something casual? Are you expecting presents? Are you going to get dressed up? Is it going to be more like a house party or a wedding reception?

Once you get a feel for the tone you're going for, the rest should fall into place.
1.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking maybe 30 people. Since last week I've been thinking that it would be fun to make the reception a cocktail type party with light food. Still I'm not sure where to have it but I have time to decide.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, and we aren't expecting gifts and yes I do want to wear something nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results