shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of jewelry box do you have?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm using trays from a fancy lacquer jewelry box in my safes. They have a nice organization and I can see everything at a glance.

We got burglarized 12/27 and they didn't find the safes, but they found every single hiding space in my house.

I had taken out some jewelry and didn't have time to lock everything away (there's advantages and disadvantages of a well hidden safe - accessibility being one in my case) . It was the holidays, I had gotten some family jewelry out on request by my MIL and then we had to leave abruptly to an emergency dental appointment with my DD. Then we decided to stay in town to see Christmas displays.

So I just left my jewelry box out as usual.
I thought they might not destroy everything, thinking they found the good stuff.
Wrong.
They found my watch in a book behind the sink in my bedroom, they totally searched fridge and freezers, the whole kitchen, bathrooms, you NAME it.
They found the hidden compartment in my antique (1750ies) desk, they opened drawers and little nooks that I hadn't even thought of .

According to police and experts they weren't inside longer than 20-25 minutes. They weren't pros equipped to try and open a safe. Just dsmall fish disgusting burglars.

I still keep the "decoy" Box out, but I'd recommend a safe to everyone

This story is so devastating but I thank you so much for sharing. It is causing me to rethink my own strategy. Many thanks <3

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I know I need a safe! I think we will move and downsize in 5-10 years so I really wanted to wait until the final move. I don't want the hassle of moving a safe that is bolted down.

Anyway, right now I have most of my pearl jewelry in the medium Stackers, but that is because I rarely wear any of it and don't care to have it in my main jewelry box. Because jewelry boxes can be heavy, I use a medium Wolf box for my platinum and white gold jewelry, and I will get another for my yellow gold and Van Cleef jewelry. That way I can at least hide them in two different places, although that sounds less appealing after reading @kipari 's horrible story (so sorry!).

Here's my new Wolf Caroline box. It has a top tray and two drawers. Oh, and I was watching for a sale, checking Amazon, and I happened to find an amazing sale and best prices one day on Overstock.com, so I ordered it immediately. So by all means, check Amazon and Overstock as well as the Wolf site as they have occasional sales, too. I think they are very nice quality for the
price.

IMG-4170.jpg

Also I noticed The Real Real has a large number of Wolf products.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for your loss and the invasion of your space. People who steal and vandalize are disgusting.

I really need a safe. I've never looked into it before. Do you or anyone else have any tips on finding or vetting companies to install one?

Thank you!

I'm sorry, since I'm not in the us I don't have any recommendations. I think there are a few threads on the best safe options on PS.

I quite liked our approach to install two small safes that we could hide ourselves.

Even more so now that I've read about the alarm system people who stole @doberman ' s bracelet.
How awful!!
I'm sorry doberman!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

I'm sorry, since I'm not in the us I don't have any recommendations. I think there are a few threads on the best safe options on PS.

I quite liked our approach to install two small safes that we could hide ourselves.

Even more so now that I've read about the alarm system people who stole @doberman ' s bracelet.
How awful!!
I'm sorry doberman!

It's just a thing. I was more upset about a missing tie tack that I had made for my husband in the shape of a broadhead. Turns out we weren't the only people this clown stole from, and i know he was caught.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a lot of drawer dividers from Bed, Bath and Beyond and miraculously they fit in an old chest of drawers I got from my parents. IMG_3598.JPG IMG_3599.JPG IMG_3600.JPG I am such an optimist that there is room for expansion. And have a little brass and glass box for everyday goodies, about 8 x10. Plus a secret cardboard box for the really really good stuff. IMG_3601.JPG

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use two “cigar boxes” gifted to ex-hubby by Army. (Blurred his name out) Have used them for years. Just added Muji ring holder which fits inside.
DABE6334-B313-4F0C-83BD-72F72475B5BE.jpeg B2709864-B9A9-4CE9-8064-2809979082D5.jpeg
Also I have a necklace tree but what I’d REALLY LOVE is one of these stunning handcrafted wood boxes with shell lids. 7B2EE35C-58E5-4A6A-95C1-42B2D9F55702.jpeg

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@winnietucker I use this louis vuitton train case for my jewelry. although, truth be told more often than not i have pieces all around the house in bone china or porcelain lidded candy dishes. But they really all out to be in the case. I don't have oodles and oodles of jewelry...just a few nice things

IMG_20200826_175229_8.jpg

@kipari
So very sorry to hear about such a traumatic experience. Thank you for sharing and alerting us to it. Often times, the possibility and reality of it is not something anyone would want to dwell upon. My husband and i have spoken about installing a safe but never made it happen. thank you again for the reality check.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually keep my jewelry in a quilted pouch. I put each individual earring in a little jewelry zip lock bag... I then place it inside another bag with the other earring. Rings go into their own separate bags.It was beginning to make me crazy sifting through all the bags. I couldn’t actually see everything. I decided to get a cheap jewelry box that had lots of ring holders because I could see what I have and make a quicker decision. This box..although cheap is pretty nice. I still can fit it in my backpack when I go to my other house. I struggled with getting them to face up..No luck! I’ll see how this works out before I get a nicer one. This one is not bad. I really like it
FCFC00DF-B66D-4456-A9AD-45ECC4D81629.jpeg 9D3DC9D6-3A9F-485F-806D-4B6251059095.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee Oh my goodness!! Oh my goodness!!! Your collection is divine. Thank you for this peek into your jewelry box. What a beautiful and classy collection you have! I honestly can't even get over it. And I am like "oh, there's Libby, there's Ashley, there's Summer, there's Bee, and there is the Dream band, and there is the Embrace band", on and on... :kiss2: I will be pouring over these pictures for days.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee Oh my goodness!! Oh my goodness!!! Your collection is divine. Thank you for this peek into your jewelry box. What a beautiful and classy collection you have! I honestly can't even get over it. And I am like "oh, there's Libby, there's Ashley, there's Summer, there's Bee, and there is the Dream band, and there is the Embrace band", on and on... :kiss2: I will be pouring over these pictures for days.

Thank you so much @OdetteOdile! That is so sweet you know the names of my rings! ❤️

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I usually keep my jewelry in a quilted pouch. I put each individual earring in a little jewelry zip lock bag... I then place it inside another bag with the other earring. Rings go into their own separate bags.It was beginning to make me crazy sifting through all the bags. I couldn’t actually see everything. I decided to get a cheap jewelry box that had lots of ring holders because I could see what I have and make a quicker decision. This box..although cheap is pretty nice. I still can fit it in my backpack when I go to my other house. I struggled with getting them to face up..No luck! I’ll see how this works out before I get a nicer one. This one is not bad. I really like it
FCFC00DF-B66D-4456-A9AD-45ECC4D81629.jpeg 9D3DC9D6-3A9F-485F-806D-4B6251059095.jpeg

Your box looks so organized! I really love it! :kiss2:

ean

Brilliant_Rock

Heaven!!!! Such a sophisticated collection! Not to thread jack but can I get the details on that east west baguette band right next to that chanel set baguette band?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your box looks so organized! I really love it! :kiss2:

Thank you @MeowMeow..If you could see what I had going on in the pouch you would have said it was a mess! This will keep things easy to get to!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heaven!!!! Such a sophisticated collection! Not to thread jack but can I get the details on that east west baguette band right next to that chanel set baguette band?

Thank you so much @ean! Do you mean this one? If so it’s from Noemie..
63A2124F-E828-41CF-9AEC-BA3F1A3A640F.jpeg

Reactions: ean

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much @ean! Do you mean this one? If so it’s from Noemie..
63A2124F-E828-41CF-9AEC-BA3F1A3A640F.jpeg

Yes!! I thought so, I’m looking to get one. Did you get the half or full eternity?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes!! I thought so, I’m looking to get one. Did you get the half or full eternity?

I have the full eternity. I love it!

Reactions: ean

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee your collection is stunning!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mamabee, Your collection is gorgeous. You need a little girl In the family to ohh and awww over all your pieces. My nieces would have sat for hours looking at that box when they were little. I’d sit for hours looking at it all now! Your pieces are really beautiful.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Mamabee, Your collection is gorgeous. You need a little girl In the family to ohh and awww over all your pieces. My nieces would have sat for hours looking at that box when they were little. I’d sit for hours looking at it all now! Your pieces are really beautiful.

Thank you @Calliecake! It would have been fun to have a daughter or a granddaughter. We have all boys in our immediate family...I have a wonderful daughter-in-law though...

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep my jewerly organized in different boxes suited for type so I can easily see what I have and find things...ie rings in slotted ring organizer, bracelets in clear bags in a tray box, earrings in a cufflink box.

My pearls don't get as much love because they are stored in pouches and not as easy to grab in the morning. Pearls can't be kept in plastic bags and you don't want them stored where other things may rub against them. I recently came across this inexpensive necklace organizer in Amazon which I think might be the solution for my pearl necklaces.
necklace organizer.jpg

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I have a few from Wolf: https://www.wolf1834.com/

I buy them when they go on sale on amazon. They’re not too pricey and I find them to be well made.

I saw your recommendation for Wolf, @pearaffair, so I checked them out. My ring collection is now fairly minimal by PS standards so everything fits in a small box. I bought this one, which they call a travel case, but is perfect for me at home. I love the detailed embroidery on it. So thanks for the suggestion!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I just moved from a standing jewelry armoire to a huge wall mirror jewelry cabinet. I gifted the armoire to my daughter and included lots of fun costume with it that I used to wear when I worked. I thought the wall one would have loads more space but it doesn’t really seem to except for ring space. The bracelet and earring storage is frustrating as well - I’m going to be modifying it. Lucky for me DH is very handy. 4FB3DBA3-C902-480B-B06E-1B41329DEB6E.jpeg A2EFA2D5-DF53-4CCB-A2BB-F6382FD3C7A9.jpeg 2183992D-7C72-4F04-AA61-A559DE1C7857.jpeg Old cabinet

@oodlesofpoodles I have that exact cabinet! The older one. It was my mom’s.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stenciled an old dresser that was in a house I inherited and inserted jewelry trays in the drawers.

dresser.jpg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I stenciled an old dresser that was in a house I inherited and inserted jewelry trays in the drawers.

dresser.jpg

Love this!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My latest jewelry box addition is this wonderful antique that’s been redone in a koi pond theme:

70766690-61C4-49BC-BE25-0167D6609122.jpeg
8622D45E-AABA-4278-BA0F-D981DA087D20.jpeg
The box is so beautiful @JPie! I wish I didn't have to have one that I can stuff in my backpack when I’ll be away from the house for a few days..

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie, do you think that the Bell and Bird boxes on their site are nice quality? Worth the price? I was obsessed with these the last time you posted. Then covid came and I forgot about them. Darn if I wasn't reminded again today! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results