shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of jewelry box do you have?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I have a large, multi drawer washi paper jewelry box I bought at a craft fair long ago. I think I’d like a nicer one but the only box I love is this one:

It led me to a deep dive Google search for jewelry boxes and now I’m curious what everyone else has.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a functional and just-about-ok-looking Stackers set. It’s great in terms of options for trays you can combine but is a little soulless. What I’d absolutely love is one of these, although I prefer to retain all my internal organs and would need to sell one (or more) to cover the price (which I believe includes a jewellery credit, but still...). They are shockingly beautiful and whimsical to me:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a functional and just-about-ok-looking Stackers set. It’s great in terms of options for trays you can combine but is a little soulless. What I’d absolutely love is one of these, although I prefer to retain all my internal organs and would need to sell one (or more) to cover the price (which I believe includes a jewellery credit, but still...). They are shockingly beautiful and whimsical to me:

How expensive are these boxes??! :-o
But I agree, they are absolutely amazing! Breathtakingly beautiful! I would have to also sell an organ & possibly my husband afford one though....

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The price is completely insane, I agree! I saw an article in a Sunday paper and I think it’s an £8k credit towards jewellery, which makes it circa £12k for the box:oops2:

I bought an antique wooden box at the start of lockdown with a view to learning embroidery and recreating my own version (I have a bit of an antique box obsession anyway!). You can take a wild guess at how far my cross-stitching ability has progressed in the last few months. Might have to save that plan for my retirement!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep my jewelry in smaller jewelry boxes which I keep in my safe.
I keep my OEC ER and WBs in a homemade jewelry box my DH made for me.

This is an old pic but it illustrates how I keep my jewelry.

jewelryinsafes.jpg

The first piece my dh ever made when he started woodworking. It is inscribed on the bottom. I don't have a pic of that but I will take one at a more convenient time.

handmaderingboxbydh.jpg

tommyandbubbalahinjewelryboxbygreg.png

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

I was not expecting it to be that expensive. :-o

I keep my jewelry in smaller jewelry boxes which I keep in my safe.
I keep my OEC ER and WBs in a homemade jewelry box my DH made for me.

This is an old pic but it illustrates how I keep my jewelry.

jewelryinsafes.jpg

The first piece my dh ever made when he started woodworking. It is inscribed on the bottom. I don't have a pic of that but I will take one at a more convenient time.

handmaderingboxbydh.jpg

tommyandbubbalahinjewelryboxbygreg.png

Love the homemade box! He even made it large enough and with 2 slots for multiple rings! I’m always impressed with your husband.

I have a few from Wolf: https://www.wolf1834.com/

I buy them when they go on sale on amazon. They’re not too pricey and I find them to be well made.

I’ve been looking at these! They’re really nice and I agree, not pricey. Are the sales typically good?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a wolf box, a tray from I don’t remember where, and some ikea drawer inserts for costume jewelry. I love love love the wolf box but it doesn’t hold as much as you would think based on its size.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I have a wolf box, a tray from I don’t remember where, and some ikea drawer inserts for costume jewelry. I love love love the wolf box but it doesn’t hold as much as you would think based on its size.

Which one do you have?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a large, multi drawer washi paper jewelry box I bought at a craft fair long ago. I think I’d like a nicer one but the only box I love is this one:

It led me to a deep dive Google search for jewelry boxes and now I’m curious what everyone else has.

I've been to the Martin and MacArthur shop on Maui. Beautiful koa pieces, but I couldn't afford anything there!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was not expecting it to be that expensive. :-o

Love the homemade box! He even made it large enough and with 2 slots for multiple rings! I’m always impressed with your husband.

I’ve been looking at these! They’re really nice and I agree, not pricey. Are the sales typically good?

YES. Check wayfair and amazon or use a 50% off coupon on the wayfair site. The boxes are beautiful and well made for the price, I would say. Like another comment suggested, sometimes they are on the small side.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
it's the chloe medium. i just got the matching travel roll too, the sale price was too good. =D

1596810645008.png

Ok I’m watching for these sales now!

I've been to the Martin and MacArthur shop on Maui. Beautiful koa pieces, but I couldn't afford anything there!

Me too lol. When I went home last year I was sure I was going to buy one but changed my mind when I saw the price. Sad thing is my friend used to work there and offered to let me use her discount a while back but I was in college and didn’t have the funds to even think about that then.

YES. Check wayfair and amazon or use a 50% off coupon on the wayfair site. The boxes are beautiful and well made for the price, I would say. Like another comment suggested, sometimes they are on the small side.

How do you get a 50% off wayfair coupon?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a fancy jewelry box as much as the next girl, but I'm not comfortable putting all my good pieces in one box for the theives to
take if they ever come to my home.
I actually have jewelry stashed all over the house.
These plastic boxes are from the dollar store. I love them! They measure 5x7x3/4".
Stackable, see-through, and small enough to fit in a hidden place in your home.
IMG_20200807_090705.jpg IMG_20200807_090831.jpg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I’m watching for these sales now!

Me too lol. When I went home last year I was sure I was going to buy one but changed my mind when I saw the price. Sad thing is my friend used to work there and offered to let me use her discount a while back but I was in college and didn’t have the funds to even think about that then.

How do you get a 50% off wayfair coupon?

Sometimes on their email list.
Sometimes a PSer will post and share from an email they’ve received! :)

but the best deals I’ve found are on amazon!

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just moved from a standing jewelry armoire to a huge wall mirror jewelry cabinet. I gifted the armoire to my daughter and included lots of fun costume with it that I used to wear when I worked. I thought the wall one would have loads more space but it doesn’t really seem to except for ring space. The bracelet and earring storage is frustrating as well - I’m going to be modifying it. Lucky for me DH is very handy. 4FB3DBA3-C902-480B-B06E-1B41329DEB6E.jpeg A2EFA2D5-DF53-4CCB-A2BB-F6382FD3C7A9.jpeg 2183992D-7C72-4F04-AA61-A559DE1C7857.jpeg Old cabinet

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Wolf from pottery barn =)2 BC69FFCF-9265-4690-B45F-7CEE8CED6CE6.jpeg

This is nice!

I love a fancy jewelry box as much as the next girl, but I'm not comfortable putting all my good pieces in one box for the theives to
take if they ever come to my home.
I actually have jewelry stashed all over the house.
These plastic boxes are from the dollar store. I love them! They measure 5x7x3/4".
Stackable, see-through, and small enough to fit in a hidden place in your home.
IMG_20200807_090705.jpg IMG_20200807_090831.jpg

Very smart!
The wolf box is small so good for everyday jewelry, I prefer keeping my more treasured pieces in their own boxes so no scratching and it stays safely locked away! 4CB6177F-EE5B-460B-B6F3-BFF303677BCD.jpeg

I like that idea too since the ring boxes I’ve received so far have been nice. I’d imagine most people keep that, right?

I just moved from a standing jewelry armoire to a huge wall mirror jewelry cabinet. I gifted the armoire to my daughter and included lots of fun costume with it that I used to wear when I worked. I thought the wall one would have loads more space but it doesn’t really seem to except for ring space. The bracelet and earring storage is frustrating as well - I’m going to be modifying it. Lucky for me DH is very handy. 4FB3DBA3-C902-480B-B06E-1B41329DEB6E.jpeg A2EFA2D5-DF53-4CCB-A2BB-F6382FD3C7A9.jpeg 2183992D-7C72-4F04-AA61-A559DE1C7857.jpeg Old cabinet

The mirror is a genius idea!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is extremely helpful. I am struggling with jewelry storage.
I have some stackers and some separately stored boxes. It is frustrating to me because I would prefer (visually) something that I open and allows me to see everything. As opposed to knowing which box holds which piece.

I want one unit that holds all. I have very few rings (maybe 5?) and more necklaces and earrings.

What is the best way to store necklaces/pendants---flat or some sort of hanging method?
And is there a perfect storage unit that allows you to view everything when it is open?

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
And we have a small safe--but it is floor level and I simply toss everything in there when we go on vacation.
Security is not a huge issue so I don't feel the need to normally keep my jewelry in a safe or at the bank. Just normal stuff.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
This thread is extremely helpful. I am struggling with jewelry storage.
I have some stackers and some separately stored boxes. It is frustrating to me because I would prefer (visually) something that I open and allows me to see everything. As opposed to knowing which box holds which piece.

I want one unit that holds all. I have very few rings (maybe 5?) and more necklaces and earrings.

What is the best way to store necklaces/pendants---flat or some sort of hanging method?
And is there a perfect storage unit that allows you to view everything when it is open?

I found this:
I bet it could be modified. I’m stress shopping right now. I’ll find you more options.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
And we have a small safe--but it is floor level and I simply toss everything in there when we go on vacation.
Security is not a huge issue so I don't feel the need to normally keep my jewelry in a safe or at the bank. Just normal stuff.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a stand up armoire like this one - my hubs got it at target. It fits most of my needs - I don’t have much jewelry that would need to go in a safe really. It’s next to me bed so I like that if I fall asleep in my jewelry, I can just reach over and tuck it away until the morning F7915E98-D5AC-4FC0-8C96-835BBC86033B.jpeg

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a stand up armoire like this one - my hubs got it at target. It fits most of my needs - I don’t have much jewelry that would need to go in a safe really. It’s next to me bed so I like that if I fall asleep in my jewelry, I can just reach over and tuck it away until the morning F7915E98-D5AC-4FC0-8C96-835BBC86033B.jpeg

This is so pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results