shape
carat
color
clarity

What jewlery do you wear daily?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
How much is too much? Okay this maybe an odd question but how much jewelry is too much to wear on a daily basis. Right now I have been wearing my tiffany cross My Cross! 3 years later and I still love it and studs (1.16tcw h/vs) my Breitling and a three row pave band. Is this too much? I tend to wear button down shirts so people only see my watch if I am checking the time. Is this too much for daily wear? I was always comfortable (hey I don''t have to take off my stuff at night and for every shower and I am lazy). Next question if someone tells me I have lots of bling is that a compliment or a hint to tone it down? Just wondering.
PS I had always thought that there was no such thing as too many diamonds as long a s you kept it to one piece at a time( you know one necklace on pair of earrings, one ring (or if engaged or married one per hand) one bracelet or one watch.)

PS Anyone else notice Mara''s new pic....soo shiney *drooling*

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I wear my e-ring, earrings, and a watch every day.

It depends on how heavy verses delicate the jewelry is that determines how much of it you can wear at one time and it look okay. It you have dainty jewelry, you can probably wear more of it and it look fine compared to if you have huge, chunky jewelry... then you can probably only get away with wearing one piece at a time.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Studs, pendant, 1 ring per hand. I don''t wear bracelets or watches because I cannot stand things on my wrists. During the summer I add toe rings or anklets.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my e-ring and wedding band (the favorite set of the day:)), a watch and a 2 ct aqua on my right hand. I sometimes wear a bracelet on my right wrist. Also 1 cttw struds. I am known for my great jewelry so noone thinks it''s too much and others where I work actually wear alot more. Heaven forbid there be a sparlie police to say too much is too much
face4.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my e-ring, eternity ring, and the larger of my two diamond tennis bracelets everyday.
Depending on my mood and what I am doing (e.g. performing at a concert or feeling depressed at work),
I will add either my diamond or a colored stone RHR, a diamond or colored stone pendant, and if I am really bold,
a second tennis bracelet.

Oh the watch: I have a 14K Baume Mercier watch but prefer to wear my $19 Casio (black plastic strap) because it glows in the dark and I can tell what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. My mother was laughing at me one day because she said it just doesn't go with my diamonds. I don't care, that watch is really functional so I wear it almost everyday and my fancy watch gets worn maybe 3 times a year.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I always wear a watch and my ering & matching band daily. Every thing else interchanges with what i am wearing. I usualy wear one RHR and I always have earrings on, whether they are silver, costume or diamonds. I really mix it up.
1.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
This is my everyday wear. This is becoming my favorite watch (got it for valenties). Wonder why...
31.gif
. I used to wear diamond studs.. but have HEAVILY taken to pearls lately. I think they make suvh a statement of sophistication.

The necklace I just cant part w/ it. I wear it whether or not it goes w/ my hip Ambercrombie t-shirts. lol! I think so long as I throw shoe boots on , it goes.
9.gif

DSC06477.JPG

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Just an eternity band. How boring! I have a gucci watch, which I hate so I never wear, and a diamond and sapphire ring, which I think is too big. So they both stay at home. My boyfriend has given up on buying me jewelry. He''s half afraid that he''s going to buy me an engagement ring, and I''ll decide to leave it at home too. I think maybe I''m not a jewelry girl (But I love looking at it on someone else). Although I''d better figure that out before he buys my engagement ring.
19.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2005 11:14:44 PM
Author: ForteKitty
Studs, pendant, 1 ring per hand. I don''t wear bracelets or watches because I cannot stand things on my wrists. During the summer I add toe rings or anklets.
You can''t stand things on your wrists but you can on your toes? That''s amazing!
21.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh everyone has such great taste! Cutegrl- I love my pearls but I am bad to leave my jewlery in over night and I volunteer at local elementary schools...and pearls just arent made for that. I love putting them on but I am not organized enough to put them in last thing before I walk through thte door and I am worried about wearing out the little polishing cloth that came with my studs... I know I could always buy another one from Mikimoto but there arent alot of dealers where I am (tuscaloosa). Anyway your flower necklace is uber cute!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I usually wear my diamond stud earrings, a rolex watch (left arm), david yurman cable bracelet w/ blue topaz (right arm), and a lagos blue topaz RHR. The necklace varies, sometimes a double strand small pearl choker (its my g-mas), a small turqoise bead necklace, or a tiffany necklace w/ a star cut out, or a tiffany open elsa peretti heart on a black silk chord...

and hopefully in the near future a beautiful e-ring!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I own a lot of jewelry, but I don''t wear a lot of jewelry, never have, but my dad thinks that girls should have lots of nice jewelry. Anyway...I used to at least change it up, and now I seem to live in the same 2 pieces with the rare change, if my outfit calls for it. Both pieces I now wear are the more recent pieces from my bf. Both are from Tiffanys, one is the paloma picasso sterling heart necklace, which he gave me before I moved back to Chicago. And then for xmas he got me the sterling heart link bracelet with a larger gold heart in the center. It really works well with my style, because they''re simple and can go with almost everything.

Sometimes I do switch it up with a diamond pendant, and I''m having a new one made, and I have some David Yurman stuff that I really like. I hate watches. My ears are SUPER sensitive, and I have a habit of losing every pair of diamond studs I''ve ever owned, so I''ve given up for the past few years...but I think I might talk my dad into giving it another try this summer. My theory is, if they''re larger, they''ll be harder to lose
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
If you can part from tiffany''s I had to in order to get my latest stud they have some really neat new backs out there. My new round studs have push on screw off posts which help them stay on. Just a thought
34.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
oh i don''t have to have studs from any particular store, i think the mark up at tiffanys would be a ton! havent looked there, but we''ll see...my track record isn''t too encouraging. what kind of backs have you put on yours? i''ve lost some in the shower and i usually misplace them...i''m bad...

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2005 12
6.gif
2:48 PM
Author: Patty

Date: 3/19/2005 11:14:44 PM
Author: ForteKitty
You can''t stand things on your wrists but you can on your toes? That''s amazing!
21.gif
I know! Toe rings have been a part of my summer wardrobe (in s. cal, this means most of the year) since I was in Jr. High. I have a really cute little silver one and it matches all my flip flops.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2005 2:45:10 PM
Author: Blue824
oh i don''t have to have studs from any particular store, i think the mark up at tiffanys would be a ton! havent looked there, but we''ll see...my track record isn''t too encouraging. what kind of backs have you put on yours? i''ve lost some in the shower and i usually misplace them...i''m bad...
I would have to ask my parents if there is a trademarked name. But they are like push back while putting them on but to get them off you have to unscrew them like a typical screwback. I got these becuase my regular screwback were a bit too fat and made my earring holes hurt and get yucky. I love these!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
since I got engaged I just wear my e-ring on my left hand, a ring that I bought myself a little before we got engaged with my birthstone and FIs birthstone in entertwined hearts and our names engaraved in it (the LIWs that have been around awhile will remember it), and either my three stone diamond pendant (only 1/4 carat total) or my diamond heart pendant (1/2 carat total). Earrings sort of irritate my ears.. so i don''t wear those.. and I only really have one pair.

Before I got engaged I wore the ring with our names on it on my left hand (not my ring finger, it fits my first or middle finger) and I had three other gemstone rings (a pink sapph, a tanzanite and an amythest) on my right hand.. and the same roatation of necklaces. I also have a tanzanite necklace, but I prefer the diamonds.

I also wear a watch.. but its not dressy or fancy.. so I don''t think it counts as jewelery.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a watch, my e-ring and wedding ring, and diamond studs. If I''m going out to dinner I''ll add a necklace.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Well I''ve been wearing a diamond cross pendant constantly since I received it a couple of weeks ago.
I also like to wear my studs, thin diamond eternity band and diamond rhr. I''ll throw on the watch if I''m heading out.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my diamond studs, my diamond heart pendant, my ering and my eternity band, oh and my watch.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
I only own and wear the really important, sentimental stuff:

My "M", white gold and diamond. It''s a family heirloom, was passed down to me when my grandmother died, as I am the oldest "M" granddaughter.

My claddagh ring that my parents got me from Ireland when I was 17.

My Tiffany bracelet that my boyfriend got me for our one-year anniversary.

And my little white-gold and diamond "huggie" earrings that I got from my family. (I also wear another little stud earring in the left earring, and another two in the right - I have two holes in my left and three in my right. Just to be different.)

I don''t wear a watch.

When, one day ten-thousand years from now, I''m married and then engaged I plan on my e-ring and w-band being the only rings I wear at all. (i.e. Retiring the claddagh.) I guess unless many-many-many years from now, I have a diamond RHR or something. but it would still be pretty simple I think.

As for how much is too much - I think it''s more how much can you pull off!! Some can wear a ton and look gorgeous, others look like they shouldn''t be able to lift their arms. Lol! I''m almost at the limit of what I''d wear daily - but it depends on age, what clothes you''re wearing, occupation, how you carry yourself ... etc. And "you have a lot of bling" - take it as a compliment
2.gif
I would!

mfkjewelry 005_s.jpg

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I love your "M" family heirloom necklace!!! It''s so unique and beautiful
30.gif

You just can''t put a value on something like that...it really is priceless
35.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2005 8:29:56 AM
Author: Libster
I love your ''M'' family heirloom necklace!!! It''s so unique and beautiful
30.gif

You just can''t put a value on something like that...it really is priceless
35.gif
Thanks Libster
9.gif
I love it. It''s the only necklace I ever wear, it is really special to me.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I always wear an ering/wedding ring combo - I have two sets, one in white, one in yellow (sometimes I wear an eternity ring in place of a wedding band) I would not go out without these.
17.gif

In addition I usually wear one rhr, a watch, a pendant, a bracelet and studs. Depending on which ering/wedding set I''m wearing, I vary the other items and choose them to match as I don''t usually mix white and yellow metal items together, but they''re usually chosen from my more understated stuff (no stones in the watch or bracelet, simple pendant & studs) If I left anything from this lineout off, it would be the bracelet.

But, in the evenings, if I''m going out, anything goes. I wear bigger dangle ear rings, the more extravagant necklaces in my collection, gemset bracelets, special watch and the fancier right hand rings that I have.

I do see women in my age group who wear a lot of very big, very fancy stuff during the day and I cringe. There again, I see a lot of of younger women wearing layers and layers of chains and pendants, huge chunky bracelets, man size watches, big hoop earrings and rings on every finger of both hands and that makes me cringe too!

I''m definitely a less is more sort of person. If in doubt, I leave it off, but then each to their own, I suppose.
11.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing i remember to put on every morning is my ering. Plus I never take out my white gold hoop earrings. That''s pretty much it, any extra jewelry only when I actually think about it.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Love the M necklace!

Allycat: Can you post a pic of the diamond sapphire ring?

Appletinin: Have a pic of the rolex?

Fortekitty: since you wear toe rings, have u seen this beauty from soho gems?
18.gif

sohogemtoejammy.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
OOh, that is cuute! what is their website??

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I usually wear my ering and a watch (silver, from Target - I''m tough on watches so I buy cheap), but sometimes I''ll wear my amethyst college ring as a RHR and my new sapphire pendant (something blue for the wedding). I like simple jewelry, so I have a few simple silver rings that are now retired since engagement. I also keep earrings in at all times, small CZ studs in my 2 ear piercings and a silver hoop in my cartilage piercing.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i do love that "M" necklace Indecisive, it's so nice to have family heirloom
1.gif

i wear my Kenneth Cole watch (on my right wrist since i am a lefty
37.gif
) from the boy, a ring he got me our first xmas on my middle left finger, a pair of small silver hoops, and my family heirloom, that i cherish, my great-grandmother's e-ring, given to my mom by my grandma before she passed. i wear this as my right hand ring.
one day, hopefully soon, i will be able to add my Mark Morrell to the left hand
36.gif
9.gif

please excuse the blurb at the bottom of this post
20.gif
i attached the wrong one grrrr...

QDjewelry1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i get irritated if i have too many jewelry items on..insane for a diamond lover eh?!

my daily wear: one of two pairs of earrings, either my small platinum hoops or my diamond studs though most days the hoops; my regent pendant or my tiffany flower pendant; and my w-ring and e-ring; and on some days my 10 stone RHR.

i also have a diamond bracelet that i rarely wear and other various forms of dangling earrings that i wear when we go out etc.

i really want the cartier tank francais watch and maybe someday i will get it but i can't really justify it since i don't wear a watch and probably COULD for the cartier but why force it just yet? meaning ... i would rather have more diamonds.
9.gif

edited to add, i love seeing other people with jewelry on...i say wear what makes you happy and forget what is proper or right...as long as you love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results