shape
carat
color
clarity

What jewelry do you wear to the gym?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I wear just my plain platinum 3mm wedding band but I notice a lot of women wearing their e-rings (All sizes) and diamond bands to the gym. I''m so worried about hitting it on the treadmill (remember, I dinged my first e-ring setting somehow!) or on the weights. I asked a friend and she said she never takes her e-ring off (*gasp* and she never cleans it! Ugh!) so yes, she wears it to the gym.

So I''m wondering, what jewelry do you wear to the gym?

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
You shouldn't ask me because I wear my set everywhere.
41.gif
Gym, sauna, jacuzzi... I would be heartbroken if I chipped my diamonds, but since they are insured... I'd much rather wear them than keep them in a safe.

I was thinking of a friend whose mother passed away. When she was going through her mom's belongings, she found all these nice cashmere sweaters still wrapped in tissue paper with tags on them that her mother never wore. She always found perfume her mom was always saving for a special occaision. The bottle was full. Just heartbreaking.

So DH and I figure: life's too short. Every day, every moment is a celebration and a special time! Drive your fancy car without fear of dings. Wear your best outfit if it makes you feel good. Enjoy the diamond your true love bought you!

That's not to say wear your rings when you're going to be pounding rocks with a sledgehammer or something (don't know why you'd do that anyway), but you get my drift! LOL.
31.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I never wear ANY jewelry to the gym!

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
I wear my ring (sapphire eternity band) everywhere. Work, gym, bed, etc... It only comes off for showers - then it sits in a zippered case in my bedroom -- far away from any drains! When I go to the gym, I really don''t feel safe leaving it in my locker and would never leave it at work. Since I''m careful about my hands when lifting weights, I figure it''s safer on my body than off.

Aurelia

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I HATE wearing jewelry (except I don''t mind wearing studs) when I work out. I work out at home (treadmill) so it is not a big deal for me to take my rings off. If I were to go to a gym I would leave them at home.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2006 7:56:13 PM
Author:february2003bride
I wear just my plain platinum 3mm wedding band but I notice a lot of women wearing their e-rings (All sizes) and diamond bands to the gym. I''m so worried about hitting it on the treadmill (remember, I dinged my first e-ring setting somehow!) or on the weights. I asked a friend and she said she never takes her e-ring off (*gasp* and she never cleans it! Ugh!) so yes, she wears it to the gym.

So I''m wondering, what jewelry do you wear to the gym?
I don''t take anything off at the gym.... but I swim. I hate feeling sweaty lol Though now I''m paranoid that chlorie is sudenly gonna be the most corosive thing on he planet lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2006 8:58:46 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I HATE wearing jewelry (except I don''t mind wearing studs) when I work out. I work out at home (treadmill) so it is not a big deal for me to take my rings off. If I were to go to a gym I would leave them at home.
when I go its either on my way from somewhere else or I''m going to be going somewhere else and I know when I get the ring doe I won''t want to leave it at home all day every day just because at some point I''ll be there.... thus far I''ve never worried about swmming with my gold but now I''m already worried about a ring I don''t even have lol Incidntally the pool switched to salt water this past month so I should be fineR now but... but... lol

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
No jewelry for me when I am at the gym, or working around the house, gardening, etc. But every other minute... YES!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my e-ring and WB, and usually either small wg hoops or cz studs...I do see a lot of other women more blinged-out than I am, though, with pendants, bracelets, watches, etc. on...some people never take off their jewelry, even in the shower, though. I guess it''s to each her own, but I prefer not to have very much jewelry on mainly because I like to keep mine clean and gunk free from perspiration and all the miniscule debris that sticks to the jewelry when working out.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I work out mostly in my house because the hours are good and the parking is easy...but seriously, I take my rings off when I use any handweights because my friend broke a stone banging it with a weight. If I do the elliptical or treadmill I jusr remove my watch because it moves around and bugs me...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
On days I go to the gym I leave my rings at home. Rings can get very bent from lifting weights, especially from grabbing a heavy bar very hard.

Sometimes I''ll wear a pair of earrings, but not that often. In general I don''t wear bracelets or watches, so I don''t have to worry about those.

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
I don''t wear my E-ring to the gym, too afraid of chipping it on weights or a machine! When I''m married I''ll wear my platinum band, as those are pretty tough

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I wear my e-ring and wedding ring, both platinum, as well as whatever earrings I have in. I leave my rings on most of the time when I''m lifting weights, though I do take them off and put them in my pocket (probably will lose them at some point) when I lift weights that pinch my hands.

bae7

Shiny_Rock
Ditto what Lynn B said.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear my engagement ring and wedding band almost all the time, including at the gym. Bands are 14K yellow gold, diamond solitaire has a platinum head with six prongs. I''m not worried about them at all for aerobics classes or nautilus machines because there''s really no danger there. In the classes my hands aren''t touching anything and the machines all have rubber foamy coating anywhere I need to grip. I''m more concerned about the germy sweat that''s on there than anything happening to my rings. When using free weights (rarely) I do try to pick up coated rather than uncoated ones. Sometimes when I pick up a 15 pound barbell that isn''t coated, I''m thinking I should have left the rings off. I''m not worried about my diamond so much as the gold getting all scratched up. If I had a setting as intricate as some I see here or a bigger stone, I would probably leave the jewelry at home.

The only time I take off my rings is when I shower, fussing with my hair, or cooking. I throw them in jewelry cleaner.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i just wear my e-ring and w-band. i don''t do any heavy weight lifting, so i''m not worried about the plat bending. i think it''s fine to wear jewelry as long as the jewelry is not dangly and getting in the way.

what i don''t get is why some girls have their makeup on when working out at the gym?
33.gif
i mean, you get all sweaty...plus i''m pretty sure the makeup is not good for your skin when you''re sweating?

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Jewels at the gym? Heck, no. I do 6:30 minute miles on the treadmill, lots of weights, ashtanga yoga...

I actually think it''s rather amusing to see women snailing it on the cross-trainers wearing red lipstick and with every last hair secured in place. I mean, surely the point of going to the gym is to get a little bit sweaty?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I wear my ering and band. I try to be careful with it and always turn it around so the stone faces my palm when I am on the treadmill. It is very easy to smack your ring against the sides of that treadmill!

I don''t want to leave it at home cause there were a bunch of burglaries in my area this past year so I figure it''s safer with me!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
None at all. With all the cardio and weight lifting I do, anything on my fingers wouldn''t stand a chance. No necklaces because of the sweaty grossness and no earrings because one of my friends got hit in the ear with a softball while wearing diamond studs and it was not pretty...
38.gif

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
I leave my wedding band, watch or whatever else I am wearing in the car someplace not in view. I don''t want to damage them or temt anyone in the gym. I also even leave my wallet and phone in the car as I am always loosing my locks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wear my rings everywhere, because i'd rather have them on me than take them off and put them in a gym or spa locker. i even wear them during goopy body scrubs and massages. it's easy for me to go home and clean them so i figure they are safer on me. so at the gym typically because i come straight from work i have on earrings, my diamond pendant and my w-ring and e-ring. sometimes if i have dangly earrings on that will bother me while working out, i take them off but only if they aren't valuable. then when i get home i just clean my stuff.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I wear my ring to the gym. I teach spinning & yoga & have a lot of men in my classes. I notice I get hit on if I don''t have it on. Its not a big deal, but in my town (small), and in a place where I teach, my professionalism & reputation are important to me. I''m a married woman & want to be treated as such.

My ring is pretty industrial though, with a thick metal band, so it can hold up to most things. I do get it all sweaty but I''m usually so involved in my classes that I don''t notice it.

I have a gym in my house & I do take off my ring before hitting MY treadmill or lifting weights, but since I''m alone down there, its no big deal.

And 6:30 minute miles? HOLY GREASED LIGHTENING BATMAN! You are a studette! Yeah, there''s me, tromping along at a 10 minute mile, heh heh...but anymore makes my knees ache to the high heavens. I go just fast enough, and just far enough (3 miles) to keep my booty from getting out of control. LOL. But I don''t do it in lipstick. Nope, my spinning class is so hardcore that you are covered in sweat head to toe & wanting to puke by the time you leave. Makeup wouldn''t survive.

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh and FebBride, if I were YOU, (lol, and sometimes I think we are one in the same) with your new setting, I''d leave it at home and just wear your platinum band.

I also wear my diamond studs, but then I never take those off, so there ya go.

And all my jewelery is insured, so I don''t worry about it from that perspective.

Jeannine

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
gym... what''s the gym?
11.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
No jewelry or makeup to the gym. I''m always amazed when I see women in full makeup and all their jewels on at the gym. Not for me!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My earrings and pendant - I never take those off. But I usually just wear a plain silver wedding band to the gym...cheap, won''t be upset if it scratches or dents...and it still gets the point across.
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I hate wearing my jewelry to the gym because I am always worried about it, but I think it''s a lot safer on me than in my car or locker (my gym is not in the greatest part of town, and regardless, you can''t be too careful.) I almost always go to the gym on the way home from work. I take off my non expensive jewelry and lock it in my car, but my wedding set and anything expensive stays on! If I''m coming from home, I leave all my jewelry safe in its box. While at the gym, I''m careful to use the palms of my hands to grip weights rather than gripping with the back of my rings. I''m mostly a cardio gal anyway!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 11:39:32 AM
Author: divergrrl
Oh I wear my ring to the gym. I teach spinning & yoga & have a lot of men in my classes. I notice I get hit on if I don''t have it on. Its not a big deal, but in my town (small), and in a place where I teach, my professionalism & reputation are important to me. I''m a married woman & want to be treated as such.

My ring is pretty industrial though, with a thick metal band, so it can hold up to most things. I do get it all sweaty but I''m usually so involved in my classes that I don''t notice it.

I have a gym in my house & I do take off my ring before hitting MY treadmill or lifting weights, but since I''m alone down there, its no big deal.

And 6:30 minute miles? HOLY GREASED LIGHTENING BATMAN! You are a studette! Yeah, there''s me, tromping along at a 10 minute mile, heh heh...but anymore makes my knees ache to the high heavens. I go just fast enough, and just far enough (3 miles) to keep my booty from getting out of control. LOL. But I don''t do it in lipstick. Nope, my spinning class is so hardcore that you are covered in sweat head to toe & wanting to puke by the time you leave. Makeup wouldn''t survive.

Jeannine
I would love to take one of your spinning classes Jeannine!
And I agree about UrsulaWrite''s 6:30 miles HOLY MACKERAL! Do you do races Ursula? If not you should think about it! You''d kick major butt!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 4:53:56 PM
Author: Milly
i just wear my e-ring and w-band. i don''t do any heavy weight lifting, so i''m not worried about the plat bending. i think it''s fine to wear jewelry as long as the jewelry is not dangly and getting in the way.

what i don''t get is why some girls have their makeup on when working out at the gym?
33.gif
i mean, you get all sweaty...plus i''m pretty sure the makeup is not good for your skin when you''re sweating?

I usually wear my makeup to the gym because it''s after I run all my errands or after school or something. I''m too lazy to wash it off at the sink when I get to the gym, so I figure leaving it on for an hour should be fine. Plus, I''ve seen people washing their unmentionables at the sinks, which really turns me off of washing my face there! (What are some of these people thinking? What do they think the showers are for? Decoration?!?!) The first thing I do when I get home is wash my face though. I haven''t had any problems with breakouts; I think it''s a combo of the Bare Escentuals makeup that I use and the fact that I wash immediately afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results