shape
carat
color
clarity

What jewelers should I contact for custom quotes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
Who are the best, reliable, trustworthy ones out there? I''m looking for quality and affordability.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the type of item you want. Can you share what you are looking for?

justinislooking

Shiny_Rock
The design: A setting similar to this Scott Kay: http://www.brides.com/engagement/engagement_rings/gallery/vendor/designer/scott_kay/detail/146281?offset=33

Instead of the round stone beneath the main diamond, I would like a butterfly design similar to the one on this ring: http://niceice.com/images/stories/jewelry/random_image/vi1055.jpg (something more abstract that isn't a highly detailed butterfly)

I am thinking about using a light purple, rather than blue, tanzanite for the butterfly. I also might end up using diamond on the butterfly and no tanzanite at all. Tanzanite is my girlfriend's favorite stone though.

I also would want the main diamond to be a .75ct or so Princess. The side stones could be Princess or Round... whichever sparkles more.

My favorite part about the Scott Kay setting is the engraving. It is very clean and intricate.

On this design, I want the main diamond to sit up high enough that it is the center of attention. Also, I want the side stones and width of the band to be small enough that they do not take away from the main diamond. (If you have a wide band or large side stones, it makes the main diamond look smaller)

My main focus with this ring is the engraving like Scott Kay's and the integration of the butterfly which is my girlfriend's favorite.

- I've posted a few threads before, but I think this is the design I want to go after.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results