shape
carat
color
clarity

what i''ve done and what am i forgetting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All
My wedding isJuly 11th and Im on a roll with getting things done. I thought i would post my list to compare with others.....and hopefully you can let me know if im forgetting something - im sure i am
we have:
photographer
dj
JP
Organist
Cake picked out
Menu picked out
Centerpieces picked out
linens "
ics sculpture "
dresses
hair and makeup lady booked
save the dates are ordered
invites are picked out
programs are picked out
got rings
honeymoon booked
place cards are picked out
limo booked

For the girls gifts, i think im going to buy their jewelry and pay for their hair to be done that day - does that sound good?

still to do:
tux''s
song list
bathroom baskets
marriage license
welcome baskets for hotel
card box
guest book/picture to sign

ughhhhhhhhhhh - SO SO MUCH!
26.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure you''ve done these but their not on your list:

shoes
jewelry
someone to take your dress to the cleaners if you''re going on honeymoon right after

otherwise looks like you''ve got it well under control

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
jewelry and shoes yes but No i never thought of someone to take it to the cleaners when we go to honeymoon. THANK YOU

Also, when my dress comes in to the bridal shop, do i need to get it cleaned and pressed before I wear it?
the veil too?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
oh, I also see you picked out your place cards, but did you already figure out at which tables you''ll seat everyone... or then again maybe you''ll wait until you get your RSVPs.

I''m hoping that the condition they give your dress to you out of the bridal shop is ready to wear at your wedding. if it needs cleaning and pressing they should do that. I mean normally you wouldn''t buy clothes that were dirty and wrinkled, right? I never really thought of it. maybe I just took it for granted.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
The reason why i mentioned it was because i got a veil on line from ebay and my MOH told me i had to have it clean and pressed before the wedding, i "think" she said i need to do that with my dress too? maybe i misunderstood her..,,,,,,,,,,are you saying you dont need to do this when your dress come in from the designer?

also, we found a place that does calligraphy for your place cards so once we get rsvp''s in we will order those.
if our wedding is July 11th, what date can i put to RSVP BY? I would like to put as soon as possible - but i dont know when to put?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
oh dear... you''re putting me on the spot here. I''m not a real wedding connaiseur, I just do/say what I think is right. I''ve never heard of someone having to clean or press their dress before a wedding. the only reason I could think you would need to do it is if the dress is 2nd hand and you''re not buying it via a bridal shop or your dress has been hanging in the closet in between all your other stuff and has gotten wrinkled. I''d ask the bridal shop if you could leave the dress with them until as late as possible. mine won''t let me have mine until a week before my wedding (it also stays insured that way).

was just reading on a website that it is customary to send your invites 2 months before. if you send it too soon you could run into the problem that people will file the invite and forget.

for RSVPs, it is customary to have them all in 2 weeks before you need to tell the venue your headcount. I think if you ask for them 4 weeks before your wedding date that is fine.

I know you want your RSVPs sooner because you''re just dying to know and you want to get on with the planning around the headcount, so I think you could get away with sending the invite 10 weeks before and ask for RSVP 6 weeks before.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
The dress should be clean and your seamstress/dress shop should press your dress for you. Since you got your veil from Ebay, I would consider getting it cleaned as you don''t know if it was clean to begin with.

Also, have you thought about your table numbers, wedding favors for guest? Thank you gifts for your parents? Where you want to have your Rehearsal dinner? Wedding gift for your FI? Thank you cards? Dance lessons if either of you need coaching - I would recommend going to a community college since you have time instead of paying for private lessons. Transportation? Time lines?

You have plenty of time to do all of the above, but something to start thinking about.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
the one thing that i forgot with my wedding, and it''s silly, but the guests looked sillier--something for people to DO during the send-off! we had an after-party, so my thinking at the time was that everyone left at the wedding was going with us to the after-party anyway, but when the photographer was taking pix of us leaving, all the guests were standing there like "um...what do we do?" because i didn''t give them any petals to throw or bubbles or sparklers or anything, haha! my bad! people were pretending to throw stuff in the pictures.

i thought of it like this--do a mental walkthrough of your wedding, and it may help you remember anything you''d need for that particular part of the day. typical wedding stuff: garter/bouquet toss (do you have a garter? anything specific you''d want to carry along with your bouquet? do you want a separate throwaway bouquet?), cake cutting (do you want toasting flutes or personalized cake cutting knives?), intro of the bride and groom (would you need to change your dress, shoes, veil, whatever to make your reception easier to get around?), departure (have a getaway outfit planned unless you''re wearing your dress to wherever you''re going next. if you''re going straight on your honeymoon, who''s going to be responsible for your dress, etc? who''s going to be keeping up with whatever you wear to leave if you aren''t wearing your dress?). who''s handling cash the day of (should you have any vendors who need to be tipped, given final payments, etc)? also think about any extraneous wedding related events, like showers, bachelorette parties, and rehearsal dinners--will you need thank you gifts for hosts of any of those events? ETC ETC!

you have plenty of time to work all that stuff out, and it looks to me like you''re right on schedule. i would just keep a list of stuff that pops into your head so that, once you think of something, you don''t have to worry about forgetting it again. one last thing to remember--the things that mean the most to you will never be the things that slip your mind, so if you forget about something and realize it too late to do anything about it--don''t panic.
37.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 4:39:09 PM
Author: teapot
The dress should be clean and your seamstress/dress shop should press your dress for you. Since you got your veil from Ebay, I would consider getting it cleaned as you don''t know if it was clean to begin with.

Also, have you thought about your table numbers, wedding favors for guest? Thank you gifts for your parents? Where you want to have your Rehearsal dinner? Wedding gift for your FI? Thank you cards? Dance lessons if either of you need coaching - I would recommend going to a community college since you have time instead of paying for private lessons. Transportation? Time lines?

You have plenty of time to do all of the above, but something to start thinking about.
Ok so I should ask the seamstress to press the dress for me? I will get the veil cleaned. Good call. They have table numbers are our hotel so I will use theirs.
We have wedding favors picked out
Thank you gifts for parents? what if FI AND I are paying for wedding on our own, do we still need to get wedding gifts for parents? his parents are paying for the rehersal but thats it. Mine are deceased. : (
We have the rehersal all booked, I got my fiance an awesome wedding gift (can''t wait to give it to him), I figured we would get thanks you cards when we get back from honeymoon, i have my time line done for the day and we have a limo booked.
So i just need the dance lessons, if we can afford them.

Anything else you can think of - let me know. Thank you! i know i have plenty of time but i want to get as much as possible done so i can just "breath" for a little while. LOL

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to all that responded

Noelwr, I will do what you suggested and send invites out around 8 weeks before and have them due 5 or 6 weeks before. You are totally right in why i want them NOW. LOL
thank you!

Doodle, totally forgot garter and throw away bouquet, tx.
we are having an after party in the hotel where the reception is, so i dont think we are going to do a "departure" so to speak. ?? at the end of the reception we''ll just go up to the room and invite anyone still there to come with us...
is that ok? do we have to do a departure?

Also, wedding is sat - we leave for honeymoon on monday - do i need to drop off my dress to be cleaned and stored BEFORE we leave????

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on getting so much accomplished!

What about hotel room blocks for your guests, and guest transportation (if you are having your ceremony and reception in two different places?)

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
already have hotel room block, thank you
Guest transportation??? do i need it.?
Ceremony is at chapel and reception is about 30 min away at hotel. Do i need to provide them a ride from chapel to hotel?

Also I just found:
Guestbook
Welcome gift bags
Card box
garter

whewww
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez LOL

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
no you don''t have to provide a ride from chapel to hotel. Guests should be able to get there on their own just fine! Just make sure you give directions (which I think you already did!) You are on a roll! We are date twins and I''m freaking out after reading your list!
32.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Blair138, dont freak out, i am so anal and just want these things DONE so i can "be calm" for a bit.
If you want me to send you any of the links to where i found my stuff - let me know. we are paying ourselves and i think i found some great deals.
on things like, favors, invites, programs, card box, etc etc etc! LOL

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
we have the same wedding date iloveprincesscuts!

I have done....
Photographer
Venue
Church and Officiant
Make-up/Hair Artist (will meet again after I confirm all the dresses)
Lighting/ Videographer/ Audio and Video set-up
Pianist (have to re-confirm later)
Cake
Decor (all floral related)
Wedding gown (will be in during May)
Jewelry picked (will re-confirm with make-up artist)
Groom wedding Shoes and Shirts
Wedding bands for both of us
Dress for Mother of Groom
Bridesmaids'' dresses
Invitation (designed and pending for print shop hunt)
Wedding Favors
Wedding party gifts
Bathroom vases

Working in progress...
Songlist
Guestlist
Marriage license
Evening gown for the Bride
Wedding shoes for the Bride
Tux rental for the Groom
Dress for Mother of Bride
Tux for Fathers of Bride and Groom
Matching socks and ties for the groomsmen
Car rental
Stationery (such as ceremony program, placecard, menu, seating chart, map, RSVP card, am I missing anything?)
Linens rental - Chair covers and Table cloths
Menu Picking
MC (thinking if we should have one)
Engagement Photos
Slide Show & Website (one of my Bridesmaid is doing them for us YAY!)
Card Box
Autograph Canvas (following Engagement photos)
Ring pillow (Mother of Bride is making it)

A BUNCH of traditional items...Red ReD RED.......
Chinese gown for the Bride
Red flat shoes to match with gown for the Bride
Red sleepwear to wear underneath the Chinese gown (A girlfriend just reminded me that)
Item(s) for Hair-Combing ceremony
Some gold jewelry items to go with the Chinese gown- Dragon-phoenix bangles...etc.
Formal Gifts for Bride''s Family from Groom''s Family
Red pockets and get new money bills from Banker (for vendors and bridal party)
Gift card from bakery to include in invitation (for the Bride''s Family)
Tea ceremony - red teapot and red cups
Red Umbrella

Any Chinese Brides out there can tell me if I''m missing anything?
33.gif

I''m still thinking if I should send the Save-the-date...

I''m so behind.....sorry for the long list.............
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results