shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your opinion on public proposals?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
I was just curious about your opinions on public proposals. Do girls like to be proposed to in public like a restaurant or something like that or is it kind of embarrassing. I realize that it is probably a person to person basis but I’m just asking in general.

My girlfriend has made comments when people propose in public like how sweet or that romantic so I’m leaning towards the idea that she probably wont mind.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
If she's made those comments, I'm sure she wouldn't mind, but it's a good thing to watch out for. (Specifically the women who believe "if he asks me to marry him in public, he doesn't know me well enough to marry me!")

People also can feel differently about being in front of friends vs. strangers... if you have discussed this already and she knows its coming, it's probably not a big deal, though. (Me, I'd be happy to be proposed to in private or with friends, but in a crowd of strangers would be kinda strange.)

From looking at your other thread, I think the scrapbook idea is wonderful -- you've taken something you share to make your proposal. It also makes a good "kids" story (especially since you have a beautiful momento to go with it). If you bring the book out to dinner, though, she'll probably guess what's up.
1.gif

warehouse1990

Rough_Rock
okay, if she says its okay.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
would you like some ham to go with that CHEEEZE?

LOL...Just kidding. I agree that it totally depends on the girl. I, PERSONALLY, would be mortified. That's why my husband asked me during a walk after a nice fancy dinner!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, if she'd made those comments she probably wants a public proposal.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about the comments. It's the kind of thing that I would say -- meaning the overall romance of the event-- but I would not want a public proposal. I'm a private person, and would want it to be a private moment. (and I would want him to know that about me.)

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
I think it depends on your GF's personality and your reasoning. Is she the type of person who likes or don't mind public attention? By "reasoning" I meant the significance of why that particular public place (e.g., it's part of your trip or first date location).

I do not enjoy being singled out in public, but my FI took me on a trip to a place that was meaningful to both of us. Although it was in public, the truth is that I was stunned and filled with my own emotions that I didn't really notice the strangers! (Until they started cheering...
5.gif
)

My friend told me that she was broght to a very nice and upscale hotel room by her FI's sister, and inside was lots of rose petals and candles and her FI holding her e-ring. (Kind of like in "Friends".) That's very romantic as well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results