shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your most prized possession?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the older I get the less I want to be attached to "stuff".

That said, 2 things. I have a 7+ ct violet copper bearing tourmaline. I love that damn stone. Love love lov it!:mrgreen2: Maybe because its purple and thats a favorite color.

the 2nd, my stink water. But to be honest, if the house was on fire I'd says "effit" and leave it there. I'd start over.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would probably say photos (hard copies and digital) - so that includes any drives they are on.

I think it's a tough decision, other contenders were my e ring (still not got any other shinies of note!), my laptop, phone or car. But the car is on lease so I'll have to give it back next year anyway.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
assuming my house was on fire (as it is my most prized possession) and couldn't be saved, and since my ring was of course already on my finger (I'm totally cheating, aren't I?), I'd push the kids/wife/dogs outside and run in for my external storage device where all the kids' pics from birth are located

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
My late mother's solitaire diamond necklace. It was her father's diamond and she had it set into a necklace that she wore every day.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
assuming my house was on fire (as it is my most prized possession) and couldn't be saved, and since my ring was of course already on my finger (I'm totally cheating, aren't I?), I'd push the kids/wife/dogs outside and run in for my external storage device where all the kids' pics from birth are located
:lol:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There's a lot of love you have put into that boat Jordy. I can see why you cherish it so. It's a work of love and dedication and brings you hours and hours of enjoyment and productivity too.

Thanks @missy =)2 it's brought me some heartache at times and I've been on the verge of selling it but at this point it's bringing me more joy than pain. I was out a few weeks ago with a couple mates and it was an absolutely perfect day out
received_327789284455986.jpeg
received_2182771335377435.jpeg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
E6DE0ACB-EAB3-4162-A894-B7CE720BA895.jpeg

This watch. It always reminds me of my mum. I was 9 when my dad bought her this watch for their 10th anniversary, so I've seen her wearing it through the years. Now that she's gone, it's definitely a very sentimental piece for me.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E6DE0ACB-EAB3-4162-A894-B7CE720BA895.jpeg

This watch. It always reminds me of my mum. I was 9 when my dad bought her this watch for their 10th anniversary, so I've seen her wearing it through the years. Now that she's gone, it's definitely a very sentimental piece for me.
Looks in great condition, and the President bracelet always looks classy!

@Dancing Fire would approve ;-)

May it last you for all your years to come! :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a thought provoking question @missy !

I'm not worried about any photographs because they are all backed up on the cloudy thing in the sky (or so I'm told - technology isn't my forte). There is a pencil sketch that my late father did of me when I was 5, which my eldest sister had kept because she thought it was beautiful. I had no idea it even existed until she presented it to me on my 40th Birthday in a beautiful frame she had made. It stands proudly on my antique piano, which he had acquired for my 8th Birthday when I announced I wanted to learn to play. So i guess the pencil sketch definitely, my jewellery box with inherited treasures in, and if I had time to get a truck, my antique carved piano =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so enjoying reading everyone's thoughts on this question and thank you all for participating.

I have been thinking about this question myself and I think the answer is something not tangible in the sense we think about but more abstract in concept. My most prized possession isn't an object per se but for me it is having peace of mind. I think I might be breaking my own thread rules haha but that's the answer for me. It is something I hope no one or no act of mother nature etc could ever destroy...peace of mind is within my control and my power and let's face it few things are under our control in such a way. But yes for me it is peace of mind which I work towards having each and every day. It is a moving target always but one worth pursuing and striving for and is the ultimate goal for me. That is *my* most prized possession.

John Milton, 1608 - 1674

Is this the Region, this the Soil, the Clime,
Said then the lost Arch-Angel, this the seat
That we must change for Heav’n, this mournful gloom
For that celestial light? Be it so, since he
Who now is Sovran can dispose and bid
What shall be right: fardest from him is best
Whom reason hath equald, force hath made supream
Above his equals. Farewel happy Fields
Where Joy for ever dwells: Hail horrours, hail
Infernal world, and thou profoundest Hell
Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
A mind not to be chang’d by Place or Time.
The mind is its own place, and in it self
Can make a Heav’n of Hell, a Hell of Heav’n.

What matter where, if I be still the same,
And what I should be, all but less then he
Whom Thunder hath made greater? Here at least
We shall be free; th’ Almighty hath not built
Here for his envy, will not drive us hence:
Here we may reign secure, and in my choyce
To reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, then serve in Heav’n.
But wherefore let we then our faithful friends,
Th’ associates and copartners of our loss
Lye thus astonisht on th’ oblivious Pool,
And call them not to share with us their part
In this unhappy Mansion, or once more
With rallied Arms to try what may be yet
Regaind in Heav’n, or what more lost in Hell?

Having said that if I must answer with a tangible possession (and it is only fair that I do play by the rules since I started this thread) I would answer my home is my most prized tangible "possession". I say possession because we have fully paid the mortgage and it is ours. BUT if I had to choose which home I am in trouble hahaha because I cannot pick one atm. I keep going back and forth in my head which home I love more and right now I cannot answer that. I love them both for very different reasons. And I suspect it is more who I am sharing the homes with than the homes themselves anyway. That cliche of anywhere being home when you share it with the one you love is completely (for me) true.

Which brings me to the conclusion that no material object can ever come close to the people one loves. Which of course we all know. But it is fun thinking about which material possession above all material possessions is our very favorite.

And if I had to choose a second material possession (and this being Pricescope after all) I guess it would be my Cartier Black Opal ring. The one my dad gave my mom in 1972. The meaning behind it and the breathtaking beauty of the ring itself. The ring takes my breath away every time I see it and reminds me of true love in the very purest sense. How could I not cherish such a ring.

blackopal2017.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock

A sampler to which not few generations of women have added their choice of patterns.

I intend to publish this collection - lest it ends with yours trully.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A sampler to which not few generations of women have added their choice of patterns.

I intend to publish this collection - lest it ends with yours trully.

Sounds beautiful and filled with beautiful memories...would love to see it if you were in the mood to share.:kiss2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My deceased dog's ashes.

Yes I know I have issues with letting go but currently he's in the study with me while I write, just like he used to be when he was alive. He gets moved from room to room just like he would follow me way back when.

I have declared him to be our ancestor as he was always spoilt rotten and had a great sense of self importance so I think this would have pleased him. When he was alive I told him that whenever he passes away I'll worship him like an ancestor.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The hand-woven bed coverlet made in 1811 by my however-many-times-great-grandfather that is quite similar to this one; mine has a woven "signature block" in the corner with his name, the date he completed it, and the town where he was living at the time. I love the pattern & feel privileged to have this connection to my family 200+ years ago.
antique jacquard coverlet1.jpg
And because your DH, @missy , might get a kick out of seeing this, here's a nigh-duplicate of the cherry Hepplewhite chest, made by the same forefather, that my brother has in his home: :))
cherry Hepplewhite chest.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Sounds beautiful and filled with beautiful memories...would love to see it if you were in the mood to share.

Sure enough!

Need to take decent pictures...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
...mine has a woven "signature block" in the corner with his name, the date he completed it, and the town where he was living at the time. I love the pattern & feel privileged to have this connection to my family 200+ years ago.

What a nice tradition - to sign such things! I can only guess who-what-where...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And because your DH, @missy , might get a kick out of seeing this, here's a nigh-duplicate of the cherry Hepplewhite chest, made by the same forefather, that my brother has in his home: :))
cherry-hepplewhite-chest-jpg.649968

It's beautiful and not too ornate. Showed it to my dh and we both love it. Thanks @MollyMalone.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Non-material and top of my list of treasured "possessions" is my health, as I've discovered recently, much to my chagrin. Ditto @canuk-gal also re educational and professional qualifications, esp the Top Student Award for my Masters.

Material possession much enjoyed is my home. I worked very hard to save up to buy this & it represents my biggest financial achievement. I love living here - it's also the biggest and most comfy and quiet & peaceful place I've ever lived in. Second is my Cartier pave Love bracelet. I actually love that more than my ering/ Holly, and wear it everyday and enjoy it very much. Wish I'd bought it many years ago since I began to seriously lust after it, so I could have had more enjoyment out of it.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results