shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your first piece of jewelry from your DH or SO?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is the pendant:

aquapend11.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a side view of the pendant - it''s semibezel set in heavy WG, with teardrop-shaped cutouts in the sides. The earrings have the same cutouts in the gold, which I love.

aquapend2.jpg

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
The first piece Dh ever got me was a white gold necklace with a small diamond (.25 I think?), which by the way was my first diamond EVER. And with that, he created a monster.
3.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Our first Christmas, DH (then BF) bought me these 1/2 ctw earrings. Love them! I wear them every day!

eat1stgift.JPG

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 11:01:24 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Date: 2/4/2010 10:51:15 PM

Author: vc10um

SO got me an emerald and diamond dragonfly pendant for our first Christmas together.
9.gif
He loves yellow gold and his favorite color is green.

Have you posted this? - It sounds lovely!

Just saw this, iluvcarats! It''s PS debut was in the pictures from the DC GTG from January. It''s pictured with the emerald and diamond earrings he got me for our one year anniversary and my mother''s e-ring from my dad that she''s given me to do with whatever I please (they divorced when I was 9)...that''s a project I''m not sure I''m ready to tackle yet. I''ve attached the pic again below!

VC Dragonfly.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While we were dating, DH gave me a beautiful diamond bracelet that had belonged to his grandmother. It wasn't a Christmas or birthday gift or anything . . . he just gave it to me out of the blue one day. It's gorgeous, but it's broken so I can't wear it now.
15.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
The first jewelry he gave me was a diamond heart pendant for my birthday. 4-5 years ago. I still wear it everyday. He got some kind of diamond jewlery every year for either Christmas or birthday until my ering. Since then, nada. He said no more. I told him that I will be getting a lovely diamond anniversary ring on our five year marriage anniversary. I have already started looking to decide what style I want.
31.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
engagement ring
2.gif

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Heart pendant
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was a gold chain. We''d been to the mountains for a weekend with my family and I left my gold chain hanging on a bulletin board up there and he bought me one to wear until we could get back there to pick up my chain.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A small gold heart pendant...given to me at 16, and I'm almost 50...I'm amazed I've managed to hold onto it all these years, and so is dh! (glad I was careful with it though, it's nice to still have it)

eta: He was my bf at the time!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
The first piece of jewellery from my DH was a silver pendant with a beautiful blue opal. I wore it daily for years!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have them anymore. I think HE threw them away. I wanted garnet earrings one year (and this was WAY before PS) and has seen some 'nice' ones on ebay and had put them on my 'wishlist'. OMG. Trash. Utter trash. DH was EMBARRASSED to even give them to me.

All my other jewelry gifts have been STELLAR. He really does well (and prides himself on it... I think in part because of the first disaster). An diamond and onyx and mother of pearl ring I had been covetting for a long time for my graduation from lawschool, plus a really gorgeous jewelry box. My engagement ring with my lovely asscher. The black pearl and diamond pendant he got me one Christmas (that was stolen and that I still miss so much, even with my BGD pendant to 'replace' it). My earrings from Pearlmans this last Christmas.

Those are the ones he got me that surprised me. The rest of the pieces I've known about and had an active hand in, so while they were from 'him'... they weren't surprises.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
We were dating 2 months and get got me a cartier love necklace. I have never taken it off since.
Vesper I love the pendant!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in love with the dragonfly...
30.gif

I was going to type "FI gave me...", then I realized I couldn''t finish the sentence. Was it my engagement ring? I''m sure he gave me something...*Scratches head*
33.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 mm wide, titanium band that is almost beveled on the sides, higher in the middle. I don''t wear it much and haven''t thought about it in years!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring. I met him right after I decided to start buying jewelry for myself. I received my diamond studs 2 weeks after I met him. He thought it was so cool I was buying my own jewelry. Than he realized how picky I was and I think he was afraid to buy me jewelry. For my e-ring, he said he didn''t even want to pick out the setting, and that is why he went with the temp setting.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
a dogtag that says "i miss you my darling angel"
i don''t wear it as often as i used to, but it''s always either on my desk or in my pocket
5.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Small light blue sapphire pendant. Bezel set. There are pictures around here somewhere, but I couldn't even imagine trying to find them...

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I am really enjoying reading everyone''s stories!

As requested, here is the inspiration for the thread
They say the eyes are rubies, but it looks like paint to me!
11.gif

tkepin.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Here is the second gift.
Antique Victorian turquoise and pearl earrings. I wear them a lot
1.gif

turqflower01.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
DH gave me a pair of garnet stud earrings for Christmas the first year we were dating. And we''d only been dating two weeks! Opening that little box of sparklies began an obsession for me . . .

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 3:34:35 PM

11.gif
TEKE''s are unique! one of my best friends is a TKE''s gal, they''re sweet guys! (and the ones i know are at least.. "unique"
3.gif
endearingly so of course)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 3:36:07 PM
Here is the second gift.
1.gif
I love these!!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Here is the second gift.
1.gif
these are real beauties!Turquoise is a real favorite of mine!The first piece of jewelry i recieved from a girlfriend was a sterling band in the shape of celtic knots.I still wear it many years after the break up (she ended up marrying one of my best friends and i see them several times a year for dinner!)I wonder sometimes if any of my ex-girlfriends wear the pearl,sapphire or turquoise jewelry that i gifted them while we were dating?

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 5:27:15 PM
Author: jewelerman

Here is the second gift.
1.gif
these are real beauties!Turquoise is a real favorite of mine!The first piece of jewelry i recieved from a girlfriend was a sterling band in the shape of celtic knots.I still wear it many years after the break up (she ended up marrying one of my best friends and i see them several times a year for dinner!)I wonder sometimes if any of my ex-girlfriends wear the pearl,sapphire or turquoise jewelry that i gifted them while we were dating?
sounds like you have some very lucky ex''s!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 2:37:51 AM
Author: choro72
I''m in love with the dragonfly...
30.gif

I was going to type ''FI gave me...'', then I realized I couldn''t finish the sentence. Was it my engagement ring? I''m sure he gave me something...*Scratches head*
33.gif

Thanks, choro! I love it, too!
30.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 4:24:00 PM
Author: Squirrly
Date: 2/6/2010 3:34:35 PM

11.gif
TEKE''s are unique! one of my best friends is a TKE''s gal, they''re sweet guys! (and the ones i know are at least.. ''unique''
3.gif
endearingly so of course)

He is sweet
5.gif

At our school they weren''t the jocks or the nerds. They were all premed/optics/mechanical engineers who drank a lot of beer.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Vesper and Jewelerman!
I feel pretty when I wear them
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results