shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your first piece of jewelry from your DH or SO?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 11:20:47 PM
Author: MagsyMay
The Tiffany Elsa Peretti Letter ''C'' pendant. It was for a birthday, can''t remember which one! I still love that necklace, partly because the C looks somewhat less like a defined letter and more just like a pretty swoopy shape!
You''ve got to love a man who goes straight to Tiffany''s
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 11:16:58 PM
Author: iluvcarats

Date: 2/4/2010 11:13:12 PM
Author: MC

Date: 2/4/2010 11:02:52 PM

Author: Dancing Fire

my gf gave me a S/S Rolex Datejust for my 18th B-day.
Nice! Rolex on the 18th for your 18th
1.gif
lol

The first jewelry piece my DH gave me was a garnet and diamond ring.

That sounds lovely! Do you still wear it MC?
Nope. . .He gave it to me when I was around 21 and I''m 37 now and they style isn''t me. Also, something happened where the garnet got stained when I was using some cleaning products. If that hadn''t of happened, I''d probably still have worn it till I was about 26 or so. It''s rests in my jewelry box.
1.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 11:10:37 PM
Date: 2/4/2010 11:03:59 PM

Author: gardengloves

Date: 2/4/2010 10:57:27 PM

Date: 2/4/2010 10:37:32 PM

Hi iluvcarats,

DH has always been wonderful to me. Got me my first significant jewelry. The first gift was a 5 carat tennis bracelet- he loves good jewels, has an eye and loves giving, he makes a study of diamonds and figures out the best purchase. I am truly blessed with him.

Hi gardengloves!

He sure sounds like a keeper!
2.gif

He is., and he went on from there.. taught me to love diamonds. His wedding gift was a Cartier Santos, such a tradional boy, and he cooks, gardens and does home construction! I adore this man, gotta watch him when pruning, but overall an A+

You are a lucky lady GG!

My DH doesn''t cook (well he did once, but I won''t let him anymore
14.gif
) but he does do dishes!

And he has surpassed the fraternity pin many times over
9.gif

Oh did I mention? , he sails... lost many a diamond in eternity band handling lines, washed many a deck, and polished more teak than I care to mention. He is a bit type A about cleaning,especially boat cleaning... but thankfully we are now fully land based - only rental charters for me.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 11:26:21 PM
Date: 2/4/2010 11:10:37 PM

Date: 2/4/2010 11:03:59 PM

Date: 2/4/2010 10:57:27 PM

Date: 2/4/2010 10:37:32 PM

Hi iluvcarats,

DH has always been wonderful to me. Got me my first significant jewelry. The first gift was a 5 carat tennis bracelet- he loves good jewels, has an eye and loves giving, he makes a study of diamonds and figures out the best purchase. I am truly blessed with him.

Hi gardengloves!

He sure sounds like a keeper!
2.gif

He is., and he went on from there.. taught me to love diamonds. His wedding gift was a Cartier Santos, such a tradional boy, and he cooks, gardens and does home construction! I adore this man, gotta watch him when pruning, but overall an A+

You are a lucky lady GG!

My DH doesn''t cook (well he did once, but I won''t let him anymore
14.gif
) but he does do dishes!

And he has surpassed the fraternity pin many times over
9.gif

Oh did I mention? , he sails... lost many a diamond in eternity band handling lines, washed many a deck, and polished more teak than I care to mention. He is a bit type A about cleaning,especially boat cleaning... but thankfully we are now fully land based - only rental charters for me.
Ah yes, the things we do for love
20.gif
hehe
I have to go mountain biking with my dh. singletrack in the woods
14.gif

At least he doesn''t make me go with him now - in the snow, in the woods at night
23.gif
Yup, he''s crazy
3.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
The first peice of jewlery BF got me was a thick silver chain he had hiden in a box of chocolates wich he gave to me on our first night together. Such a sweety
5.gif

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
My first jewelry piece from SO was my promise ring. .25ct RB solitaire in white gold. We had not been dating very long and I was 16. It was a very generous gift. I didn't even know what a "promise ring" was, but he wanted to buy me a diamond because I have an April birthday and didn't have any diamonds. It sparkles quite a bit, but I sure wish I would have known then what PS has taught me about diamonds. I still can't believe he spent that much money on me back then! It's now 5 1/2 years later and we've "promised" each other that we'll have a future together.

I still wear it almost every day and everyone asks if it is an engagement ring. (In my head, I say "no way, the e-ring will be much bigger and better!
9.gif
)

ETA: I think I'll turn it into a solitaire pendant when I get my e-ring one of these days.

It was for my birthday, one month into dating... it was a YG necklace and SO not my taste, but very sweet. I still have it and wear it under shirts sometimes.
10.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2010 11:12:00 PM

Date: 2/4/2010 11:02:52 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
my gf gave me a S/S Rolex Datejust for my 18th B-day.

6.gif
9.gif
Wow DF! Did you get rid of her, or did you marry her?
2.gif
i'm suck with her for the rest of my life and believe me...she cost me dearly for the past 24 ys.
5.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 10:51:15 PM
Author: vc10um
SO got me an emerald and diamond dragonfly pendant for our first Christmas together.
9.gif
He loves yellow gold and his favorite color is green.
Ooh, I love dragonflies. Please post a pic.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
For our second Christmas together, about 17 months after we started dating, DH gave me a sapphire and diamond ring. He got extra points for telling me he chose the ring because the color of the sapphire reminded him of my eyes.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My first piece of jewelry from my DH was my engagement ring. It was the first piece of jewelry he had given to any girl. He decided when he was younger that he wouldn''t give a woman jewelry until he was asking her to marry him ("Jewelry is forever, and I wouldn''t give it to someone without promising to be with her forever," he explained).

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
DH gave me a pair of high karat yellow gold bezel studs for our first Christmas together, princess cuts. He also set a useful precedent by getting me to pick them out in the jewellery district near where we live. It was a fun day.

The studs are really nice and I still wear them occasionally, although I don''t often wear yellow gold. He got me a pendant to match the next year and I''m going to pass the set on to DD for her 18th birthday.

ANGEL WANTS A HALO

Rough_Rock
My first piece of jewelry from my DH was a promise ring.
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
It is really pretty. It''s 10K white gold with a princess cut diamond solitaire. I think the diamond has to be somewhere around 1/8 of a carat or a tad bit bigger. It has heart shapes inside the band and below the prongs.
emlove.gif
I don''t know much of how to describe it and I wish I had my camera with me to show you ladies but I don''t.
face2.gif
It''s very cute and very special gift that I will cherish for all my days.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My husband gave me a gold necklace the day we started dating: we''d been friends for a long time before, and reached the decision to give it a shot while he was away on a trip, so he brought me a bunch of traveling gifts ... duty-free cigarettes, since I still smoked back then, a book of fairy tales from his country, and a the necklace, since he''d heard me hold forth at great length about how important jewelry gifts in a relationship were while I was dating other people.

Still makes me grin to think about it, actually - I know what I''ll be wearing today!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
My DH got my an amethyst and yellow gold ring. Had about a carat of amethyst and two small diamonds in a pretty setting. He got it for me when I was 16 and him 17. I wore it for years!!!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
A pair of teeny diamond studs from a maul store... I was 18, and they were the best gift EVER! He even made a scavenger hunt type deal out of it... they were in the Christmas tree!

I think it''s nice how sentimental we all are about the ''first'' jewelry gift
5.gif

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
mine was an UGLY yellow gold heart shaped ring with diamond sprinkles that look like salt!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
D bought me a diamond and ruby tennis bracelet four our first Christmas when I was 18. We''d known each other for 6 months, but had only been dating for less than a month, so I was not expecting it at all. I bought him a card *smacks forehead*. I still have it, though I only wore it for a couple of years. The clasp kept breaking, so I stopped wearing it. I told D that I''d like to take the stones out of the bracelet and turn them into stacking eternity bands, but he seems to like keeping it as a bracelet, even if I can''t wear it. I think it''s sentimental for him, too.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 10:56:07 PM

Date: 2/4/2010 10:36:57 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
I received a silver Pandora charm from my FI for my first jewelry from him! Then he got me silver Pandora earrings. The real first jewelry he got me that was not silver, was my e-ring! I moved up quick, I know!!
31.gif

You did move up quick Luckyeshe! Do you still wear the Pandora charm and earrings?
I do! I have a decent sized Pandora collection. We''re actually working on my gold and silver Pandora bracelet now! I have 3 Pandora bracelets in total, 1 silver that''s full and 1 silver that isn''t completed cause I promised myself that the only charms that would go on it are the ones from friends and family that are given to me, and 1 gold and silver that is a work in progress that would have all the significant events in our (FI and me) life together
1.gif
. I know I''m a sap!
4.gif

I''m hoping that all bracelets could be handed down to our future children but the most important would be the silver and gold one.
21.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 1:37:25 AM
Author: kittybean
My first piece of jewelry from my DH was my engagement ring. It was the first piece of jewelry he had given to any girl. He decided when he was younger that he wouldn''t give a woman jewelry until he was asking her to marry him (''Jewelry is forever, and I wouldn''t give it to someone without promising to be with her forever,'' he explained).
That is soo sweet, kittybean!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Great topic idea!

Mine was a white gold heart necklace with a small diamond in the bottom corner from Zales. We had been dating a little over 7 months and he got it for me for our first Christmas with a small plush bear. I loved it and wore it everyday for years. I actually went looking for it several months ago because I thought it would be sweet to wear something so sentimental for our wedding but I guess it got lost in out last move because I can''t seem to find it.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
A heart necklace. And I don''t even like hearts!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
For our first christmas together DH got me a tiny little bypass ring from Zales. He gripes all the time now about how he knew nothing about jewelry and he hates that ring because compared to my e-ring it''s "little and ugly". But I love it, and I wear it every single day - except now that I am PG and my hand is just a tad swollen. But once the baby is out it''s going back on! It''s very sentimental.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A gold chain from Birks--I gve it back to him when I ditched him....eventually it came back to me
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2010 10:26:47 PM
Author:iluvcarats
I was going through my stuff and I found it.
It was his fraternity pin - a skull and crossbones LOL
1.gif

Over 20 years ago!
I don''t wear it anymore, but it was really special at the time (well the sentiment anyway
28.gif
)
What was your first piece of jewelry from your DH or SO?
HI:

Ohhh sounds cool--post a pic! You could have the pin removed and wear it as a charm on a bracelet or pendant! (or like Madonna on a hoop
9.gif
)

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
HA! My first piece was a set from a "Maul" store. It is a ring and necklace, with lab created rubies and diamonds. The rubies are hearts
20.gif
It was for our six month anniversary.

Couldn''t I Just count my Tanzanite earrings and little marquis diamond ring from that Christmas as my first instead
9.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
.. Still waiting on it! I''m hoping for something pretty for my birthday in March. I just may have to send him over to Uppy''s store!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband bought my first significant piece of jewelry on our 3rd Christmas together. It was a diamond and sapphire band in platinum. I have pics around here somewhere . . .

ETA: Here it is! I paired it with the two min-baguette bands he gave me for my following birthday and Christmas.

original.aspx

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
For our first Xmas together, DH got me a matching set of semibezel aquamarine, diamond and 14K WG earrings and pendant. Here are a couple of pics:

aquaear2.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'd been dating for 4 months when DH gave me a beautiful pink sapphire heart pendant on a white gold chain for my birthday. It was so sweet.
30.gif
He's gotten me many pieces of jewelry for various birthdays, Christmases, and Valentine's Days!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results