Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Silver

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious what the favorite metal is around here 8) Mine is 14 and 18k yellow for rings - I just love the warmth of the gold - and sterling silver for earrings (because most of them end up dropped down the sink :oops: )

Photos are always welcome! ::)

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I like platinum for it's weight but I think white gold is a little softer in tone. I also like 18k yellow gold.

I think you should have added rose gold, everyone seems wild about rose gold on here lately.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Platinum. My second favorite is white gold and my third would be rose gold.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wearing my 22/24k pieces more and more lately, too :love: :love:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
heraanderson|1307215657|2937780 said:
I like platinum for it's weight but I think white gold is a little softer in tone. I also like 18k yellow gold.

I think you should have added rose gold, everyone seems wild about rose gold on here lately.

Rose gold is added :))

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Platinum. I like it for aesthetic reasons (its whiteness), and for cognitive reasons (knowing that it's so precious).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like WG best, either plated or unplated.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
White Gold---bright and shiny, newly dipped, followed by rose and yellow gold and then silver. Anything BUT platinum. It just doesnt work for me.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
14karat and 18karat Yellow gold!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
High karat gold -22 or 24.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring and wedding band are both platinum, and they're still just as shiny as the day we got them. I love how they look, so I guess platinum is my favorite. I don't notice the weight at all. I also like the few yellow gold pieces I have, so YG would come in second place. I'd love to own RG someday, but I'd want to be careful of the shade -- I wouldn't want something too pink.

I actually have no idea which color looks best with my skin tone. How do you determine that anyway?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Platinum is my favorite. I like white metals best, and it doesn't tarnish like silver, and there's no plating to wear off.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Platinum. To me, it is the finest metal. I am sensitive to nickel so WG (for rings) is out of the picture. It's fine for pendants, bracelets, etc. because they move around a lot. I only have trouble when it's a ring shank. That said, I just love the icy cool white of platinum. I also enjoy 18kt rose gold, but for me, that's a new thing.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
High carat rose gold followed closely by high carat yellow gold. White metals just don't look great with my skin tone.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Silver. I like white metals, and the price is by far the most appealing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted yellow gold. I have quite a bit of WG but prefer YG.

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Platinum followed by high carat yellow gold :praise:

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Platinum is my favorite, followed closely by white gold. I like the heaviness of platinum pieces, and also the idea of not really losing any of the metal over time.

On the other hand, I love my white gold pieces as well, and I think that their color is beautiful.

I like silver, too.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1307290628|2938345 said:
Silver. I like white metals, and the price is by far the most appealing!

Ditto!

The only thing I use gold for (if I use gold) is the actually setting. So far everything else is silver :D

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow gold. It just looks like butter on my skin tone. White metals don't suit me at all.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
thrash - (dh's input) He may have thought the question involved music.

tzelin

Rough_Rock
MC|1307329549|2938675 said:

MC, that is too funny!

I only have white gold and silver pieces, so my vote is for WG. I will love to own RG one day. Any ideas on what colored stones will look good with RG? Do diamonds look good in RG setting? :naughty:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Most of my fine jewelry is platinum, and every day costume jewelry is sterling silver due to my sensitivity to certain gold alloys.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Can't pick, I like it all.
I must say, though, I think platinum goes best with diamonds.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Great question.

I like platinum. IRL it's beautiful- pictures don't capture it for me, I'm not sure why. However, my favorite precious metal is yellow gold. I didn't think I liked yellow gold for the longest time because a) it reminded me of the '80's, and there's a lot of gold jewelry that I wouldn't want to wear or see people wearing and b) platinum seems to be more popular than gold at PS, and for a few years now, white metals seemed to be "in" and gold "out". None of this should have affected my opinion, but I had to think about it. Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that I like platinum and *if* it did not get a patina, and have the "moving molecules" thing about it, I *might* like it as much or better than gold, but I also realized that just because gold is often not put to good use, and might not be as popular, these weren't reasons for me to not like it.

tzelin

Rough_Rock

MC, that is too funny!

I only have white gold and silver pieces, so my vote is for WG. I will love to own RG one day. Any ideas on what colored stones will look good with RG? Do diamonds look good in RG setting? :naughty:

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I love me some platinum.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

:bigsmile:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
shihtzulover|1307307532|2938517 said:
I like the heaviness of platinum

Me too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results